How can we improve WooCommerce?

Variable Product Pricing and Add to Cart Shortcode Options

First, when creating variations of a product, price should be optional. Not every variation needs a separate price; selecting the base or parent price should be an option. This would also make it easy to quickly modify a variable price from the parent price. Maybe we need to add an extra $2 to a variable to cover the difference in time/material/etc.

At my work, we sell covers for changing pads. We have two sizes, and a variety of colors. There is no price difference between size and color, but I still build variations so that each has an appropriate picture and SKU. If we decide to change the product price, I now have to modify it for each variation. It could be very time-consuming and tedious. It would be nice to just be able to select the base product price instead of having to put in an individual price.

My second idea is for some shortcode to add a dropdown list and Add to Cart button (or something) for variable products. Anything we can do to cut down on clicks before the purchase is completed helps. Many customers don't want to visit the product page in order to add it to their cart, so it would be nice to make it so that they can easily add their preferred variation of a product to the cart from any page I mention that product on.

For example, on a page showcasing our changing pad, it would be nice to list our pad cover options, let the customer select the color and size they want, and add it to their cart while still on the changing pad page.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Aryenne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google