How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Memberships: BuddyPress support

This would add the ability to restrict BuddyPress content with WooCommerce Memberships. While Memberships can detect custom post types automatically and restrict them, BuddyPress uses a completely custom data structure, so it's not automatically detected by Memberships for restriction.

While you can restrict BuddyPress pages (like the Groups index) with the "Redirect to page" mode, the content will still be accessible directly via exact URL (like using the link to a particular group).

Proposed:
- Add the ability to use "Hide Content Only" mode with BuddyPress content
- Make BuddyPress groups available for direct content restriction via Membership (i.e., restrict some groups but not others)
- Restrict "Members" list to certain Membership plans

BuddyPress users, we would love your feedback as well! Ideas and additional comments on how these can work together welcome :)

336 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SkyVergeSkyVerge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Leho KraavLeho Kraav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps kickstarter type crowdfunding could be built for someone qualified to take this on in cooperation with SkyVerge?

• DylanDylan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is like....exactly what I need right now. I would be willing to pay an annual price even. Mainly to have the memberships be the same instead of having almost a separate account for each. Make integration seamless.
        Like I said, this would be so powerful that I would pay up to about $70 annually...and thats just for integration.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the status on this? Quite surprised that there's no full integration for BuddyPress...! Several of my clients require this and I've taken a preference to WooCommerce for many reasons.

• Marie ChausseMarie Chausse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OHH PLEASE YES. Maybe, the solution would be the restriction of specific url and then each of us can restrict members page, groups pages, event pages, activity... The same as s2 member

• BrentBrent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see Membership Integration into the buddypress user area. Incl

• MoniqueMonique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 here, too...what is the point in a membership website when any Joe Blow has access to information that I believe should be restricted?

• abab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! It would be really great to have guaranteed parity between Buddypress and Woo!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BuddyPress content restriction would be great, and as it is a core component of my membership sites I'd like to have that capability without having to hide groups and such, or make them private then manually add people

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is becoming more of a problem. I'm currently using "Redirect to Page" mode in order to hide Buddypress pages (Groups, Members, Activity, etc).

The problem is that I also use this plugin to restrict access to specific Sensei lesson content. "Hide Content Only" mode works much better for that purpose because it keeps students on the lesson page and in the flow of the course instead of spitting them out to a different page.

I can't do both, and that's the problem – but it would be a non-issue if Memberships was able to handle Buddypress content restriction more effectively. Not sure how to resolve this without resorting to using a different plugin :/

← Previous 1

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Memberships

Feedback and Knowledge Base