How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Memberships: BuddyPress support

This would add the ability to restrict BuddyPress content with WooCommerce Memberships. While Memberships can detect custom post types automatically and restrict them, BuddyPress uses a completely custom data structure, so it's not automatically detected by Memberships for restriction.

While you can restrict BuddyPress pages (like the Groups index) with the "Redirect to page" mode, the content will still be accessible directly via exact URL (like using the link to a particular group).

Proposed:
- Add the ability to use "Hide Content Only" mode with BuddyPress content
- Make BuddyPress groups available for direct content restriction via Membership (i.e., restrict some groups but not others)
- Restrict "Members" list to certain Membership plans

BuddyPress users, we would love your feedback as well! Ideas and additional comments on how these can work together welcome :)

564 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SkyVerge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! It would be really great to have guaranteed parity between Buddypress and Woo!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BuddyPress content restriction would be great, and as it is a core component of my membership sites I'd like to have that capability without having to hide groups and such, or make them private then manually add people

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is becoming more of a problem. I'm currently using "Redirect to Page" mode in order to hide Buddypress pages (Groups, Members, Activity, etc).

The problem is that I also use this plugin to restrict access to specific Sensei lesson content. "Hide Content Only" mode works much better for that purpose because it keeps students on the lesson page and in the flow of the course instead of spitting them out to a different page.

I can't do both, and that's the problem – but it would be a non-issue if Memberships was able to handle Buddypress content restriction more effectively. Not sure how to resolve this without resorting to using a different plugin :/

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely waiting for this. If a site is meant to be for "members only", then that should really apply to all member-related content. If Buddypress content, such as member profiles, is unrestricted, members would likely perceive that as a bug – and rightly wonder why it isn't being fixed by the site owner. This feature is really a must for any membership plugin on Wordpress.

I'd love to see this done because BuddyPress is an important part of my membership solution.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am thinking about installing budypress to move my big community off of Facebook and onto my website and an app created by appresser. I have memberships on my site and would love to make my community automatically available for certain memberships on my site and app!

• Konceptuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Other membership plugins like S2member and Memberpress uses a URI filter to restrict access to BuddyPress data.

• dearing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One suggestion would be to unify Log-in and Registration process for users. And when users buy a membership or a product it would sync the data on the buddypress profile database

• KunSoren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look at membership 2 pro - copy their features for woocomerce Memberships and make it work with buddypress - that would be awesome!

The problem with woocommerce memberships is that it doesn't support BuddyPress........
        The problem with membership 2 pro is that it doesn't support woocomerce....

= The easiest choice for me is therefor choosing membership 2 pro as it is easier to create the payment gateway I need for it, than to wait for membership to work with buddypress or make it myself.

Still it would be great if your plug in worked with BuddyPress

• Hole in the Sky Media commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I NEED this extension. I'm just about to buy Memberships, Subscriptions, Stripe Gateway and Sensei and I thought about holding off when I learned about the lack of BuddyPress support but I've done my homework and WooCommerce is still the best solution but I'm crossing my fingers you guys will develop this :)

I would also like to see more Buddypress integration, being able to have a user buy a subscription then get access to Buddypress profile ....

We would love to have a subscription sollution with full Buddypress integration. We need to selectivelly hide Pages and x-profile fields depending on membership level.

1 3 Next →

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Memberships

Feedback and Knowledge Base