WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bulk Update Subscription Price when Subscription Product Price Changes

Right now, on a Subscription product when you update the price, all the Subscriptions that were created with that product do NOT update/change.

If you update a Subscription product price from $100 to $120, all those Subscriptions created at $100 are not updated to $120. You have to manually go to EACH subscription and update the price which is very time consuming when you have hundreds or thousands of subscriptions. There should be a bulk way to update all subscriptions pricing without having to go one-by-one through each active subscription.

517 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Delay Start of Subscription

I wondered if there was a way to offer an option to delay the start of a subscription? I want to market my subscription as a present, which means the subscription should be available from the time the present is given not from when it is purchased.

256 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Minimum period for subscriptions before user can cancel

It would be useful to be able to set a minimum period on a subscription (i.e. before the user can cancel)

159 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remind clients before the subscription get expired.... WC Subscriptions

It would be good to autoemail clients before the subscription get expired.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ship on a different schedule than renewal payments and track shipping of each issue

The idea of subscriptions started before computers and continues today as physically shipped products on recurring intervals that are different than payments intervals. For example, a quarterly magazine with an annual renewal. Tracking shipping of this very, very basic functionality is also necessary. At this point we spend days processing our database to determine who gets what issues of our magazine. It is enough to send us searching for a different product every quarter, or at least find a tutorial for woocommerce about this basic, but lacking functionality.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WooCommerce Subscriptions to work with Gravity Forms Add-ons

Would like for WooCommerce Subscriptions work seamlessly with Gravity Forms Add-ons. For example, a buyer fills out a multi page registration/order form created with Gravity Forms Add-ons. At the end of the form on the second page of the form, there is a Buy Now button. After clicking Buy Now, the PayPal Subscription takes over. Want the fields from the Gravity Forms to be mapped onto the Subscription form for PayPal so buyers do not have to re-enter their information.

Gravity Forms has a way to create feeds and map fields to PayPal in the setup process.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Integrate Subscriptions and Gift Certificate Products

It should be possible to make a Gift Certificate Product a Subscription product. The scenario is that someone buys a subscription that entitles them to one X and 10 Y per month, and the system automatically handles their balance, which can be applied at checkout.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Editable expiry date for WooCommerce Subscription products

We have a client who has a major subscription product, a membership, which should always expire april 30th every year. The one year subscription now expires after one year from purchase date, so we have to manually edit the next payment date. There will be hundreds of members paying the subscription fee, so it is a big resource investment to have a person frequently go through the subscriptions and changing the next payment date manually. Also, the payment gateway can't handle automated recurring charges.

My ideal setup contains a feature for creating/editing/modifying subscriptions with individual expiry dates.

I guess this…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. subscriptions expiration email notification

It's a 'must have' feature in a paid subscription system. In my opinion...

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Digital Subscriptions - Restrict Newer Subscribers from Viewing Older Content

Our Digital Subscribers receive a new downloadable PDF file each quarter. So each quarter, we upload the new PDF file to the digital subscription product, however newer subscribers are able to view the older digital downloads.

As a workaround, we are creating separate subscriptions for each quarter (i.e. Fall 2014, Winter 2014, etc) and uploading the PDF file to each subscription product. It's a bit of a manual process and I think there could be others out there with a similar need as ours.

Adding something like a timestamp and restricting access to subscribers if they subscribed after the file…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Subscriptions extension: implement a cancellation period

I would like to be able to define a subscription with an annual renewal period which needs to be cancelled 3 months (or x days) prior to the renewal date.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate WooMemberships & Chained Products

I would love to offer my members a free or discounted product with the purchase of a membership at checkout.

Ex: When a member buys a membership they are given an existing product for free as a signup bonus.

It's really odd that WooSubscriptionss doesn't integrate with "Chained Products".

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3-month, 6-month and yearly subscriptions with monthly orders

We ship a physical product and we use woocommerce subscriptions for our monthly subscription. We want to start 3-month, 6-month, and yealry subscription options, but the issue we've found is that those subscriptions won't produce monthly orders so we can ship the product every month. I think subscriptions should have the option to have shipping periods that are different from the billing period

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Subscriptions - Allow changing of quantity (and its calculation) when switching variable subscription

I am not sure if this is actually a feature or bug. The current version of subscription (1.5.20) allows me to switch subscriptions between the variations. The billing calculation is done by rate/day.

However, it does not allow me to switch subscription to the same variation (but different quantity). Changing the quantity increases/decreases the rate of the subscription. Also when I change the variations upgrade/downgrade, the calculation is also wrong as the system assumes that the switch is a 1xvariantA to 1xvariantB instead of a 1xvariantA to 5xvariantB which results in a wrong prorating of the 1st billing (with synchronisation…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Free product with first subscription order

Allow an admin to add free product(s) to the first subscription order.

For instance if you were selling razor blade subscriptions, then allow a free handle and handle holder to be added to the first order.

Could be handled in a similar fashion to current chained products but it would be a one-off addition.

Great sales tool and incentive

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Be able To Send An Invoice To Client/ Invoice has a link to pay online with woo

I use woocomerce for my subscriptions, paypal being the payment option. I Still have to go to paypal to create invoices for services i've done for clients. It would be very cool if I could go to my site, create an invoice and send it to my client, client has the ability to click on a link to pay in invoice that redirects to my site and ability to pay invoice through checkout. Also stores the invoice in the users account page.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Woocommerce subscriptions - late fees / variable billing interval

Allow a variable interval for subscription products. For example:

$50 for first 5 weeks and then $10 per week.

(In our case this would provide for a 5 week hire and then $10 week late fees until the product is returned).

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Subscription Downloads - download limit feature

Please add feature in to limit the number of downloads for subscriptions.

eg. $10 allows you download 5 files per month, $20 allows you to download 10 files per month

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Passbook integration

A way for subscription purchases to have iPhone Passbook integration. That way "receipts" or confirmation of subscription can be opened virtually.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Set future start date for subscriptions

I don't know how many businesses could benefit from being able to delay the start date for subscriptions. The model is especially valuable to private education institutes that want to allow early registration for classes that start at a later day.

PLEASE make this a thing. Please.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base