WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WooCommerce Multi-site Shopping Cart Feature

I think it would be super if there was a way to have a shopping cart feature that worked across a Wordpress Multi-site installation. What I mean by this is that a user could add a product on say shop1.domain.com and then navigate to shop2.domain.com and again add a product and then at anytime check out and pay. This would be a super powerful feature and something I think alot of people would have an interest in. Anyone else want to join in on this. MarketPress here http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce has this feature but really woocommerce considering the themes available and its…

2,757 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    341 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Patrick Rauland responded

Surveys have been sent out to the supporters of this ideas to see exactly how they want this implemented.

2. Attribute groups for WooCommerce

https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/issues/1565

A method of grouping attributes to make them easier to manage - possible through nesting attribute terms.

472 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  46 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AJAX add to cart in product details page

Ajax is much more friendly for the customers, as it doesn't refresh the page and that means its faster and looks better for customers. We do have add to cart ajax when we are in the shop page. But we don't have it when we are in the product detail page. When we click add to cart, it refresh the whole page.

Please give us AJAX support when we click add to cart in the product details page and get rid of the page reload.

I hope this get a lot of votes so it will be implemented in the…

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AJAX Updating on post edit screens

It would be nice the product data tabs would communicate and update each other automatically without having to save the post and reload the edit screen.

For example, if you add an attribute set to to a product, or add an attribute value, you have to save the product before it is available in the variations tab.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve WooCommerce speed and cacheability

(Already posted at http://wordpress.org/support/topic/woocommerce-setting-unnecessary-cookies-and-thus-bursting-caches but with no replies, so reposting here.)

I've noticed that every time a new user visits the main page of our site they get cookies set (from http response headers):
    Set-Cookie:wc_session_cookie_41fabe3d83dec071984049cbe7b70539=3P5SFNN8UImNq7IurDMdUzuuYgxVZ5y2%7C%7C1389435428%7C%7C1389431828%7C%7C0c5f684370559bf0104848d091aece95; expires=Sat, 11-Jan-2014 10:17:08 GMT; path=/; httponly
    Set-Cookie:woocommerce_items_in_cart=0; expires=Thu, 09-Jan-2014 09:17:08 GMT; path=/
    Set-Cookie:woocommerce_cart_hash=0; expires=Thu, 09-Jan-2014 09:17:08 GMT; path=/
    Setting cookies should be avoided when possible. These cookies seem to be completely useless for users who simply visit the main page of our site. These have the negative effect that generic caching solutions stop caching as cookies are set and exist in later http requests.

My…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. One click to add products with variations to cart

Have default variations so users can click "add to cart" right away not "select options".

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve the "add order" page in woo admin

The "Add Order" page is an excellent tool for people like me, who also sell products in their shops, by phone (...) and who want to manage their stocks and edit their invoices through the same tool.

But it's almost impossible to use as it is. Quantities updates seems not working, tax calculation are wrong in some cases, and products with attributes can only be added if you know the exact reference of each attribute.

I give you an exemple including those 3 problems :

- I want to sell 3 tee-shirts of the same model, but when I try…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show "Out of Stock" when no price set

A client of mine just edited her product to be a variable product, didn't like it, and decided to change back to a simple product. In doing so, it must have cleared out the price, and the "Out of Stock" message disappeared from the site, as well as the button for the waitlist extension we're using. It wasn't clear why either had disappeared. I only discovered by accident that the fix was to enter a price.

It seems to make sense that the "Out of Stock" text should still appear when there is no price set, and the Stock Status…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Removing requirement for billing details for virtual products

I'm wondering if it is possible to remove requirement for billing details at checkout. I have a free PDF download available on my site and I don't want to bother customers with filling out any information. I'd like to use the checkout feature in Woocommerce but make it very simplified for virtual/free products. It is not necessary to collect shipping information for a virtual/free product.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Customize Dashboard Widget

Have a way to customize what you want to display in the woocommerece dashboard. i.e. If someone wanted to see daily sales vs yesterday's sales or a way to select a preference. This could populate under top sales or sales this month.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Order Actions to leave record under Order Notes

It would be great if Woo would put a note in the "Order Notes" box when we use the Order Actions > Resend Email so that we know when we sent the email to the customer.

Example - We resent invoice 3 times to customer, but when? If note was under order notes we just look in the Order notes area and tells us exactly when we resent any emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Shop Page needs a Shortcode to place within a page.

The other WooCommerce pages have a shortcode, however, the shop page doesn't. it would be nice to be able to have the same layout thoughout the whole site.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base