WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Vote for an existing idea (370)
  • or
  1. Email the Price

When store owner is forced to hide the prices on a brand owner request, have an email field instead Add To Cart button both on single product page and product archive page that would serve the customer to get the price for that product.

No additional details are needed except the customer email to get that price shoot through email.

Very useful feature in our industry (restaurant equipment).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ajax auto update Cart Totals when changing Quantity

With 2.6 released the cart is updated via Ajax, a big improvement, however it's still necessary to click 'update cart' manually.

Even better would be an automatic Total Price calculation when the Quantity of a product changes, without the need to manually click on "Update cart" button.

This improves the user experience and speed during check out.

Something like this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-ajax-cart/

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Other platforms have had issues with this type of functionality.

Making it auto update would mean the update button is not needed. In some cases however, the update button is used for more than just qty updates so removing this would be breaking.

Additionally, updating quantities on every change can lead to multiple posts/ajax refreshes that are unnecessary. e.g. if I wanted to update several qty’s at once, or increase a qty by a few units using the ‘arrow’ buttons on the quantity input.

For these reasons we’d like to keep the update button around. This will be re-evaluated and user-tested with a larger checkout redesign in the future.

3. Variable external/affiliate products

It would be great if I could create external/affiliate products that can have variations in the same way that I can add "sizes" to a physical product that I sell.

This would allow me to specify a single product (let's say a sticker design on Redbubble.com) but give the customer a dropdown with 4 different sizes, each with a unique price and URL for the "buy now" button.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Extend Account Funds

To make it work better for internal company stores, where account funds are the sole method of payment, and administered by a manager (not purchasable):

1) add scheduling of funds, similar to coupon validity dates, so that funds can mirror periodic budgets.

2) in settings, electing to not allow users to purchase funds should result in the hiding of the "deposit funds" button in all locations, including the shortcode.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Account Funds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. quantities

It would be great to allow users to enter in multiple quantities for a variation - say size - and hit one 'add to cart' button.

I'm selling wholesale tshirts and every competitor allows one to add quantities ie. Small 72, Medium 72, Large 72 etc. and then hit 'add to cart'.

Would work for many other situations where customer would order a different quantity (i.e # of contact lenses for each eye).

Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. users submitted product photos

It would be nice if there were an extension that would allow users to upload photos of themselves wearing or using the products and have them as added to the product photos or as an additional tab in the tab area.

Something like a + button in the product photos or an additional tab in the tab area.

they should probably have a setting to allow the photos to be moderated as well.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need new role: shipping clerk

We need a shipping clerk role (or something like that). My shipping dept needs to be able to access invoices and packing slips to view and print...but I don't like them having Shop Manager access, because they're not computer-literate and could accidentally change/delete orders. If the role only let them see the order listing screen with the "Mark Complete", "Print Invoice" and "Print Packing Slip" buttons, I'd be happy!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Share WooCommerce data from products with Google shopping database instantly

I spent a hundred hours (and I'm 1/5th of the way done) to create products in my woocommerce store. Google is coming out with buy buttons on search results for Google shopping. Would be nice to not have to enter all that data again. Would be nice to either have an export file full of data, or just auto-transfer (share) it with Google so people can buy immediately there.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. New Order and Successful Payment Email Notification to Admin

A client of ours is receiving a lot of New Order email notifications, which aren't leading to anything due to the payment not being completed.

I realise this is triggered at the point of pressing the final button during checkout and might be necessary for payment options such as Cheque, but it would be great to have an additional notification email option that is triggered when the completed order page is displayed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Quick View & Add to Wishlist Integration and Bundle

I have already purchased pinshop theme which has an infinite scroll and I want my users to be able to get around the shop without any interruptions so I would like to buy Quick View plugin. Add to wishlist plugin is also needed but it would be better if users can see add to wishlist button on the quick view pop up window. these 2 plugins could be even a bundle then.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Drag and drop type editor

Drag and drop editor. Fantastic plugin but extremely difficult to make look nice. If it had a drag and drop editor with just simple items such as a header image, preheader, buttons, social icons etc it would be perfect. I currently don’t want to buy it again unless an easier email editor was put in place. With all the new drag and drop and Gutenberg etc surely this would be easier now.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make switching different variations and shipping methods easier

Current situation

1. A person wants to change the shipping method (let's say from tracked to untracked) or the variation of a variable subscription (let's say from Coffee Pack 1 to Coffee Pack 2)
    2. He clicks on the upgrade/downgrade button
    3. He picks the same product variation (to change the shipping method) or a new variation he'd like to change it to
    4. Goes through checkout

This is not terribly intuitive and takes many steps while the idea of Subscriptions is to have things simplified.

So the suggestion is to simplify this. Why not have the same variable options…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cancel order from My Account page

Uk Distance selling regulations (2000) and amended as of June 13th 2014 give the customer the absolute right to cancel the order within 14 days (was 7 days). These changes to UK law bring us inline with a European Union directive. So this covers the whole of Europe. Frankly amazed that a customer cannot at least instigate the cancellation process from the My Account page.

Appreciate that the whole process cannot be driven by the customer click of a button as refund may be dependent on return of despatched goods.

The ideal would be to have additional status items such…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow users to use acquired points and money to checkout.

I have a new start-up Evlove that allows stylish girls to trade in their once loved items for different ones using our virtual currency called "points". (www.shopevlove.com)

To reward girls their points, we've been sending them a coupon code via email that they are able to use a checkout. This is not efficient and has been limiting us in regards to expansion.

Is there a plug-in available that will...?
    - Allow us to reward customers their acquired points directly to their WooCommerce accounts so they can check out in a pain free fashion. (backend)
    - Allow us to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Easy way to provide free sample downloads on product page

For many kinds of products a free sample download is useful (software, plugins, themes, books, etc.)
    Right now there is no easy way to include this into a product page.

Would be good to have an additional option "product has free sample download", a way to upload the file directly in the product admin, a text field for the sample download teaser text, a nice button with customizable text, - voila.

Increases sales like nuts for a lot of products!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add grey text "Add coupon code" to blank space on Cart page

My clients are getting confused about where to enter the coupon code at times. I suggest adding grey text "Add coupon code here" or just "coupon code" to the white field to the left of the "Apply Coupon" button on the cart page, so it is consistent with the coupon code field on the checkout page. I am losing some customers as they don't go on to the Checkout page without being certain the code can be applied.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Patrick Rauland responded

Assuming your browser supports placeholder text (almost all do now) you should see “Coupon Code” in the field.

17. Redirect purchase at item level to another site

Sometimes you have items that you want in your store, but you can't (or don't) resell them. If that button can take the customer to the third-party site's page of your product.

For example: Kindle files, iTune files, mobile apps, etc. need to be purchased on another company's site, but if you are the producer of said book, music files, mobile app, you want it included seamlessly in your own shop.

This would also be good for affiliate links.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Lead Capture Widget/Plugin - Which integrates with iContact, MailChimp, Awebber, GetResponse etc, etc

I would like to have a plugin / widget area that can be used for lead capture purposes. Collecting a visitors email or email and name.

Allow us (user) to choose or upload a custom submit/sign up button.

The plugin should also integrate with all the major email auto-responder providers such as:

iContact
    Awebber
    MailChimp
    GetResponse
    InfusionSoft
    Constant Contact
    Etc, etc.

Also, being able to add a custom text title and/or a custom title image would be great

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fortnightly Availability

We have a client who runs a course every two weeks with two different timeslots. Currently, it looks like we have to enter these date and time ranges manually (that's 52 entries per year for 1 course alone).

Having a function where availability can be set to only start (for example) every second Monday would be amazing. Automation is the future.

Also while you're in there, having a duplicate button for ranges would also make things a lot quicker and easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make It Quicker to Change Dates in Subscriptions 2.0

In Subscriptions 1.5, it was quick & easy to edit the renewal dates for multiple orders by clicking the 'Change' button in the 'Next Payment' column.

This quick-edit option is no longer present in Subscriptions 2.0, so we need to open up each Subscription as a new tab/page to adjust subscription dates. This new workflow takes considerably longer to adjust multiple dates quickly.

I'd also be uber agreeable to any other method to more quickly edit multiple dates.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base