WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Vote for an existing idea (354)
  • or
  1. Back link to other categories or products

I'm just testing the software, but first impression is very confusing. Link 'shop' works fine, all categories are showing after pressing this button. However, as soon as I click a category and see all products listed, there is no way to return to category overview? Same happens when you go further down to the products in a category, ask product detail and no back to overview within category is found.

I think it is very important as a customer to switch to other categories and/or product overview at all times.

In most webshops I use (big players) all categories stay…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Allow pre-orders when there's no set availability date

When a product has no set availability date and the product is out of stock, the preorder button is swapped with a message saying "No longer available for pre-ordering". I suggest you make it possible to allow preorders despite there not being a set availability date.

We're especially interested in this for products that are made on demand, so products that we do not have in stock, but which will be produced once an order is made (we cannot legally take payment before we ship).

In 'YITH Pre-Order for WooCommerce' they've solved this issue by simply not disabling preorders when…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Pre-Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. WooCommerce Custom Price Plugin – Pay Your Price

woocommerce custom price plugin allows your customers to bargain for the product price.

The store admin has the luxury of enabling “Pay Your Price” feature for specific products and define the minimum & maximum bargain price range.

The customers can enter their offered price and if the offered price is within the range the offer is accepted and the customer allowed to add product to the cart and checkout. If the offered product price is not outside the defined range a custom error message is displayed.

Key Features of WooCommerce Custom Price Plugin:
    Empower Your Customers to Offer a Custom…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Amex Express Checkout to Stripe

Stripe now allows American Express users to login and pay directly from their account.

"By including the Amex Express Checkout button on your page, you enable American Express cardholders to pay directly from their account with American Express. For the customer, it is secure and convenient—they do not have to provide their card number. American Express creates a Card token that is linked to the customer’s card and works with your existing Stripe integration. This token will contain the customer’s information such as name, billing address, email, and phone number."

https://stripe.com/docs/guides/amex-express-checkout

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Extension - Shipping Multiple Addresses

The Duplicate cart function in the Shipping multiple addresses extension is confusing in it's operation. If you put an item in your cart, go to cart, click "duplicate cart" and choose 3 addresses and click the "duplicate" button, you end up with 4 copies of the item in the cart, the original 1 + the 3 for the addresses you picked. It would seem more intuitive to just end up with 3 items in the cart (or 3 copies of the original cart) going to the 3 addresses you chose. If you are sending gifts, you would pick your items,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Shipping Methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Chained Products - copy to all variations

I understand why Chained products have to be added separately per variation, but it would be very helpful to have a button/feature that would automatically copy the current variation's chained product to all the other variations on that product.

Eg A notebook comes with a free pen, it is the same pen product that is chained, but the main notebook itself has 40+ variations. Automating the process of adding the chained Pen product to all of these Book variations in one go would be great, or even just to all the visible variations eg on the current screen of 15…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Min/Max Price Settings on Gift Certificates

It would be a great to be able to add a min/max amount to the set your own price E-Gift Certificates. Selling $1 or $2 gift certificates makes no sense for *most* online businesses, especially when they're paying a transaction fee on the purchase. "We sell gift gift certificates STARTING @ $20.00." Or "We sell any denomination of Gift Certificate BETWEEN $20.00 and $1,000" would be a great feature.

This would also add a dollar figure to the Shop page, making it look more inline with the other products being sold. Having a big old "Select Options" button messing up…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Smart Coupons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show "Out of Stock" when no price set

A client of mine just edited her product to be a variable product, didn't like it, and decided to change back to a simple product. In doing so, it must have cleared out the price, and the "Out of Stock" message disappeared from the site, as well as the button for the waitlist extension we're using. It wasn't clear why either had disappeared. I only discovered by accident that the fix was to enter a price.

It seems to make sense that the "Out of Stock" text should still appear when there is no price set, and the Stock Status…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Send Email to all customers who have Points and Rewards

I have nearly 10,000 customers who have ordered products, both free and paid.

It would be awesome to have a 1-Click button option that would send out a prewritten email that auto-filled in the customers current point total. It would need to exclude customers who have 0 points.

This would generate MASSIVE sales from return customers who forgot or didn't know they had redeemable points that can be turned into cash. Currently, I have no easy way to contact every customer to remind them how many points they have that can be used for a discount on a purchase. This…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Variable Ball Ache Remedy

So I shopkeep this site: http://designerconfessions.com/

Now when adding our T-Shirts there are a lot of variables. For example when 6 size options X 7 color options = 42 variables. What sucks - and takes A LOT of time is clicking the blue 'add variable' button each time. There should be a bulk edit feature that asks:

"How many variables do you want to add"

Oh how sweet, I'd like to add "42"

"No problem! done"

This would save minutes... many of them. More than that would be an amazing remedy to a ball ache of a process currently. Especially…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Person Type screen

A user should be able to re-use person types per product.

Currently, as things are, users will keep creating new person types for each product

To address this, we need to create a separate screen for browsing all post types of type "person type".

Also where it currently says `Add Person Type` we will need two buttons, one for creating and one for linking to existing person type.

This behaviour is seen in some of the other extensions as a feature. E.g. in the product data metabox, you click Remove but it's not actually removed, it's unlinked from that…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Refund separately the total price of order and the tax amount

Currently, there is no way to refund an order stating the amount of tax. The tax reports are thus not exact when you have refunded an order because the VAT has not been decreased with the refunded order.

If Woocommerce allows us to add orders and to define which amounts of tva there should be on products + on delivery, when Woocommerce allow us to refund an order, it should allow us to fill the exact same information.

It would be very useful to allow shop owners to refund an order with the total price of the products + amount…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change category layout so no more uneven rows, move sort by up and add pagnentation to category shortcoden

The category set up just isn't ideal if you want a separate category page or you want to show subcategories as if you have say 2 sub categories then the products just run on the same line and then you have a line with just 2 products at the bottom. Also visitors have to scroll to the bottom to sort items by price etc.

What I propose is the following layout

Separate category images from product images in top rows, then a row that adds the sorting drop down or even buttons across the bar, then the products.

This alongside…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Product Add-ons must be displayed but are not required

Your product add-ons plugin is almost what I need. If the product has add-ons they need to be seen. Currently you can add add-ons to a product but they can add the product to the cart without ever seeing the add-ons from the product-category page. I know I can require add-ons but that does not work for me either because the add-ons are not required but I want them to know that they exist. It would be nice to have a require view button to require that they go to the product page to select options before adding to cart…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Multiple checkout forms

I would like to have the option of creating multiple checkout forms, so that I choose which form I would like to use for each product.

I organize events, and for some events I really don't need all the buyers' information (address, phone etc). For instance, for movie nights or bar events just the name and email address will do just fine. In fact, for some free events a Facebook RSVP button is enough. For paid events and for the trips I organize I do need and want more information from my customers.

So when preparing an event (through Events…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Will add a new option "Group" or "Bundle" in the variable product

Its will be great if in variable product will added a new option "Group" or "Bundle", where I will can create "Name" for the "Group" and add picture (with "WooCommerce Variation Swatches and Photos"), will can sort these "Group" (like I can sort attributes and it terms).
    In the Product page, Groups will appear in tabs and under all tab will appear group attributes and terms. When customer will click on the tab, the main pictures will change according to the selected terms of the Group.
    Other way - tabs can be appear in different pages , then customer will…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Help with the UX of the pre-order extension

Once a pre-order has successfully completed remove it from the pre-order table. It is already listed in the normal orders table and it looks confusing when everything is duplicated in both tables.

Likewise for the use case of an existing pre-order that has not yet completed. It would be better if this wasn't displayed in the orders table as it is already listed in the pre-orders table.

For downloadable products it would be nice to have the download button in the options <td> of the orders table once it has successfully completed.

It would be good to be able to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New filter request for pending-confirmation status when checking for availability

I'm working on our booking platform using WooCommerce Bookings and the WooCommerce Stripe Gateway. As we discussed in an earlier ticket the flow if a booking requires confirmation and it's payment is quite bad.

So I started to create custom plugins to use the auth and capture feature of the Stripe gateway and make users add there cc on the first checkout run. Took me me a while but managed to get it.
    One thing would make the integration much easier: If there would be a filter to modify the booking status given to bookings that need confirmation right in…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to edit Booking on Cart/Checkout page

It would be great to add a button/link to the Cart page that allowed users to edit their Booking which is already in the Cart; as of right now, users would need to delete the item from the Cart, then navigate back to the product, then make their booking selection again.

This results in a lot of extra steps to make a change, and, if they don't remove the booking from the cart _first_, they could run into a spot wherein the spots might show up as unavailable because of the temporary hold of the spots because of the existing…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Trial Run for deactivated emails

A user was trying to import existing orders, but wasn't sure if he setup the email right so he was trying to keep the email deactivated.

When the email is deactivated it will still show the "Import existing orders" button after saving. But when clicking this it will always end up with the message:

```
    Error: Import data not found
    ```

It seems it can't find any orders because the email isn't active. This is kind of confusing, it would be more logical for importing orders to either be disabled, or a more descriptive error.

It would be nice though…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base