WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Vote for an existing idea (363)
  • or
  1. Custom-made products > new product custom post type

The ultimate upsell is to tailor a product to the exact specifications of one particular customer because the shop owner may charge a lot more for this custom-made product. Right now the Woo Commerce system does not easily allow for this.

I am not a programmer but I could see this being implemented with a new 'product custom post type'. The design would have to be identical to the product page as it now looks in each individual WooCommerce theme. However, the cart functionality is taken out and replaced by a simple "contact us" button leading to contact page.

Advatages: …

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Woocommerce Bookings - Stacking Bookable Products

I sell computer support and home theater services and each service is a bookable product with a set time attached to it.

Lets say a customer books a 1 hour service for some date at noon and that booking is in their shopping cart, and then wants to book another 30 minute service and another 90 minute service.

it would be much more convenient for them if when they book the 30 and 90 minute services that they don't have to choose a date and time, instead they can just click Book Now and a message can come up that…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Subscriptions - Would like the option of adding a "Reactivation" Fee

I need to create Variable Subscriptions that allow for 3 different fees: Sign-Up; Renewal; and Reactivation. In our model, a customer creates an account that uses a Sign-Up Fee and and Renewal Fee and can pre-pay for months or years in advance. As long as they renew on or before their Subscription End date, they receive the Renewal price. However, if their Subscription expires, they will be subject to a "Reactivation" Fee, which is different than simply charging for the unpaid renewal...it is in addition to.

For instance, a subscription variation might have a sign-up fee of $199 and then…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Problem with Stripe extension checkout form verification

Hi guys

Can you make the Stripe extension run the regular woocommerce checkout page verification function when you click the "Place order" / "Continue to payment" button? Similar to how this Stripe plugin works: https://wordpress.org/plugins/stripe-for-woocommerce/

At the moment, the customer is allowed to fill in their credit card details and submit payment even if some of the address fields are missing. After the form is submitted, the error re: address fields is show, however the customer has to re-enter their credit card details.

When using the checkout.js functionality, if a customer forgets to fill in one of the required address…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Gateway Stripe  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Product Add-Ons to add/chain extra options

I have a client who wishes to have a general accessories cross-sell option on their product pages. Whilst Mike Jolley's great Product Add-ons plugin meets most of this requirement, it's not currently possible to add ('chain') product add-ons.
    So for instance if the user selects a Product from a Select box, it'd be great for the plugin to then add another Select box underneath (admin would specify what type of option group would be inserted). I know you can offer checkbox options for categories, but this isn't ideal for large add-on sections...

Providing this function would be beneficial in that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option to name your price and extension to hide the price label and variable products

I am using the name your price extension within a variable products. This product allows customers to pick between certain prices or to name their own price. Since it is a variable products the price label reads "From $X".

This is fine under normal circumstances but since one of my product variations have the price of name your price, the price label now reads "From $0". Specifically this is a donation product and no one is going to donate zero dollars.

So you can see how the option to hide the price label for a variable products that is using…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Name Your Price  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New WooCommerce Extension: The Ability to Add Products to a Wishlist or Registry

I'm building a site for a client right now using WooCommerce, and she asked for the possibility of adding a "wishlist" or registry to user accounts. I could see this working via one of the tabs on a product page titled "Wishlist" (or whatever name you want to give it), with a button that allows people to add that item to their registry and maybe something that says "This product has been added to (however many) Wishlists." From their account interface, they can see a log of all the items that they've added to their wishlist, so they know what…

208 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. subscriptions Dashboard

The subscriptions dashboard needs a complete overhaul. Its far from user friendly and needs to be stripped down to one location and simplified. The amount of confusing issues that happen when a subscription is put on hold blows me away. clicking the orders tab gives me one set of absolute confusion then clicking the subscriptions tab turns the world upside down. When reactivating a subscription its supposed to double charge them the next month but I've never seen it happen and its all too confusing to bother with trying to fix it.
    Subscriptions should NEVER show in orders. full stop. …

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add upsell at checkout for a promotional price

I've run ecommerce sites for over 15 years and one of the best features I've seen is the Miva shopping cart upsell feature that shows a specific product during the checkout (as opposed to the add to cart page)

Details here: http://docs.mivamerchant.com/en-US/merchant/5/webhelp/upsale_product.htm

It's a great way to sell small ticket items at checkout as an impulse buy, almost like the grocery store checkout and gum.

As a t-shirt seller, I used this to sell stickers related to my t-shirts. Before stickers almost never sold and with that option at checkout, I sold a sticker on almost ever order.

It works…

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. woocommerce emails

hello,
    i hope that i have added the right category first
    i want a to sugest a feature for the new version of woocommerce (i have already play with the last one from github so i`m refering to it)
    A method to send the e-mails confirmation by default to multiple email address? for example (i have 5 manager accounts, but i want to send the email for orders implicit to 3 of them)

Also for the processing order email, to be automatically send on to the change of the order status (from example: change from pending to on-hold or other…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Lock icons on content that is restricted to members.

Hi

For the new Woocommerce Memberships plugin. It is good but two considerations:

1. It would be great if content that is behind the membership paywall show as being locked on headlines and excerpts. I.e. when a non-member is viewing the content headlines and excerpts there should be a padlock icon next to any headline which when clicked will come up with a message saying you need to purchase etc. And optionally an unlocked padlock icon against public content.

Right now public visitors have no way of knowing that the content is locked so they will endlessly have to click…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Variations

There are many tshirt companies who need these options.

The ability to allow people to order more than one shirt with varying shirt sizes. Meaning ordering 15 small blue shirts, plus 20 large green shirts, 10 medium yellow shirts, etc. This way the user doesn't have to order one size and quantity and then have to order another color/size/quantity over again from scratch. Instead they can order them all at the same time.

In addition the color choices have to be at least 30 possible choices for the color of the shirt, about 15 colors for ink for the printing…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Identify items already in cart

It would be great if there was a way to identify items that already exist in the cart and have it persist across different categories (etc) in the shop.
    This could mean we could style items differently (within the loop) based on if they are already in the cart.

Currently if you have 'item A' in your main shop page and the customer clicks add to cart, the items gets a class of 'added' which you can use to style it. However, if the person was to refresh the page or move to another page that class disappears and it…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. (Digital Download) Whole Album & Individual Album Tracks Available For Download & Dynamic .zip Creation

As a few other ideas have alluded to but not explicitly asked for is the ability to download single tracks from an music album and download albums as a whole from one SKU.

We have started to use the Unsigned theme as the basis to create an artists and record label websites at the moment and are very excited how far we can take this new theme. The functionality it offers just about covers every possible need we have except for the ability to easily set up a method to sell individual tracks from an album or an album as…

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. pre-order, memberships, and subscriptions for marketing ideas

I am marketing expert, after several days study on your plugin of pre-order, memberships, and subscriptions, here are some ideas.

1.Firstly, if Pre-order is disabled, the countdown for release can still be displayed by Admin setting?

2.If countdown is enabled for opening for sale or products release, "add to cart" is disable or hided, and there still should be several option for Admin choice:

—Variable Membership Priority: Customers with membership should have priority to make an order with one chance and periodical valid CAPTCHA related specific product without waiting for release countdown of opening sale, even with some discount. Although,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How to Configure AOL Email Mail Server Settings?

Are you looking to configure AOL email mail server settings? We are here to help you out, you need not worry about the server settings as our technical experts are ready to provide complete guidance. You need to take the technical assistance to avoid complications in your account.

You have to be cautious while AOL email mail server configuring to avoid missing of important details. Taking the professional assistance to configure settings in your new server will surely help you in the successful configuration.

IMAP and SMTP AOL Email Mail Server Settings

IMAP

AOL Email IMAP Address imap.aol.com

AOL email…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Square  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 'Add booking' front end shortcode similar to woocommerce shortcode

As a customer i it would be nice if i could quickly switch between calendars for each bookable product.

From a woocommerce point of view, it makes sense to list all bookable products on seperate pages. the calendar for bookable products is on the single product page, this isnt very intuitive for customers.

So it would be nice if there was a shortcode for woocommerce or bookings that would output the product image, the price, a calendar/date picker and time selector and finally an add to cart button, but also have a dropdown menu to allow the customer to select…

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Continuity Program Management

Marketers that offer a continuity program where a customer is enrolled in an auto ship program, need specialized tools for managing these programs and need to allow the customer to manage their own programs as well. Here are some features that would be extremely helpful in a plugin, or core functionality, to anyone offering this type of continuity program:

Self-Service customer management interface allowing the customer to :
    1) Increase/decrease/add products to a continuity program
    2) change the billing date of the program or the date their credit card is charged.
    3) adjust the shipping date for the monthly recurring…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Continuity Program Management for Direct Response Marketers (Auto-Ship/Auto-Bill)

Marketers that offer a continuity program where a customer is enrolled in an auto ship program, need specialized tools for managing these programs and need to allow the customer to manage their own programs as well. Here are some features that would be extremely helpful in a plugin, or core functionality, to anyone offering this type of continuity program:

Self-Service customer management interface allowing the customer to :
    1) Increase/decrease/add products to a continuity program
    2) change the billing date of the program or the date their credit card is charged.
    3) adjust the shipping date for the monthly recurring…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can't keep accurate stock counts for the same product sold via subscription and non-subscription

The subscriptions plugin is great, but in my opinion, by making subscriptions a separate type of product, it is architected in a way that conflates two different concepts: The recording of stock / inventory and the method of purchase.

Let me explain: On my website, I would like for my customers to be able to by 12-packs of protein bars either by subscription, or on a one-time basis. In either case, it will draw from the same inventory. I don't want to have to artificially create two "products" with different SKUs, and thus segment my inventory into two "piles" -…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base