WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Vote for an existing idea (52)
  • or
  1. Same end price despite of different VAT settings per country

I am sending products from our German and our Spanish dependance. In one case I have to add 7%, in the other I have to add 10% of VAT to the end price. BUT I want the end price to be the same among all countries, independent of VAT

Bascially, I would like to add on the single product page the "incl. x% VAT". I want the percentage to be in accordance with the language, while the product price is always the same.

For example, in the German store it should read:
    Price: 99 €, inkl. 7% reduzierte MwSt.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Handle errors response from VIEW in EU VAT Number

I'm not using this plugin currently, I'm using a different plugin on a different shopping cart. I'm raising this idea from my own experiences and modifications I've had to do in that system.

The VIES API is not reliable - over the last 2 years we've had roughly a 12% error rate. This varies per member state, so if you are selling to a reliable member state primarly, this isn't a big deal, but when you get sales to the less reliable ones, it's an issue.

When faced with response such as MS_UNAVAILABLE/TIMEOUT/MS_MAX_CONCURRENT_REQ we should have an option as to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce EU VAT Number  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Compatibility with EU VAT and "account creation"

I would expect that the EU VAT and the "create account" section in WooCommerce would be part of the fields that can be edited (moved around) as well, which is not the case.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. EU VAT removal only outside of the base country

The EU VAT Number plugin needs to be improved in order to follow the EU law guidelines. Only businesess OUTSIDE of the shop base country should optionally not be charged. All businesess INSIDE of the base country must be charged VAT. The plugin now has an illegal behaviour because it allows selling without taxes in a base country, which has no sense. We have disabled the plugin because people were trying to buy inside our base country without paying taxes.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove EU VAT Number field when customer resides in base country

Is it possible to implement a checkbox in the settings that allows us to remove the EU VAT number field on the checkout page when the customer resides in the base country? I live in the Netherlands and every Dutch customer "consumer or business) has to pay VAT. So the EU VAT number is obsolete and confusing for Dutch customers. I think that this rule also applies to all other EU countries. At the moment I remove the base country from the file "eu-country-codes.php", but I have to reapply this after a update of the plugin. Some custom code…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to show both ex VAT and inc VAT prices on product pages

If your sales are mainly B2B ( like mine are ) then prices should always be shown ex VAT/GST. However here in the UK if you want to list products with Google shopping then you need to show the product prices including VAT.

If I change all my prices to include VAT then business customers will be put off my the higher costs, they most likely not realise that they can knock 20% off the costs. My competitors have cart systems that show both. This should be an option within the woocommerce settings so business and retail customers…

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

WC > Settings > Tax has a suffix option which allows you to add an addition price as a suffix. You can add the price inc/excl tax to this area. See the tooltip for available placeholders.

7. Make a checkbox to require for a company name to be filled in if a vat number is filled in

Make a checkbox to require for a company name to be filled in if a vat number is filled in,

According to EU rules, VAT is only allowed to be exempt if the invoice is directed at a company. Not to a person.

As well, a company name - vat cross reference check might be also interesting, but i dont know if EU database allows for this.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce EU VAT Number  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. EU VAT Number 2.0.0: This is a B2B tool, so keep the B2B functions!

EU VAT Number is a B2B thing, and the extension "EU VAT Number" used to be a B2B tool. So keep the B2B functions! WooThemes has repurposed the tool to meet the needs of B2C service providers that makes it less useful to B2B.

In the new version of the plugin, WooThemes has added a great function (reject orders when no valid EU VAT No. is provided) that gives us B2B service providers finally control to accept only B2B orders from EU businesses.

But they have also removed an essential function. The former extension version distinguished between:
    A) Show field…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. EU VAT Number plugin needs an extra text added to invoices with information about reverse charge

EU VAT Number plugin needs an extra text added to invoices with information about reverse charge - this is mandatory by EU law!
    Without it the plugin is useless.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. VAT Exemption extension unfit for purpose

After purchasing the disability VAT extension and extensive conversation with our accountants/tax advisers we're of the opinion that the current extension is unfit for purpose as it does not meet the guidelines laid down in this document.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageImport_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000184&propertyType=document

The extension needs to be modified or it should be withdrawn from sale as it is potentially leaving users of the extension in a precarious tax position.

Best regards Steve

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enter [VAT NUMBER] field at checkout as a default code

Just a simple line of code, enter [VAT NUMBER ] at check out as default. Companies and B2B need this when they buy staff.Checkout Field Editor can create it but the main code is altered which creates problem is translation if a website is multilingual. I believen it must be added.Vote who ever agrees...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make the EU VAT plugin compatible with the One-Page-Checkout plugin

I would like to request that the developers of the EU VAT plugin check and if needed implement compatibility with the One-Page-Checkout plugin. The reason I'm asking is because WooCommerce support informed me this has not been implemented, and suggested I open this idea here.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce EU VAT Number  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add email invoice VAT display by defaut like checkout display

Hi,

In your template email-order-details.php, you display the order without the VAT ( woocommerce_tax_total_display() ) .

Who is a problem for all EU sellers who needs to display this on their invoices. Can you cut and past the code from review-order.php , line 87 to 101 to your email-order-detail.php and plain/email-order-detail.php ?

<?php if ( wc_tax_enabled() && 'excl' === WC()->cart->tax_display_cart ) : ?> <?php if ( 'itemized' === get_option( 'woocommerce_tax_total_display' ) ) : ?> <?php foreach ( WC()->cart->get_tax_totals() as $code => $tax ) : ?> <tr class="tax-rate tax-rate-<?php echo sanitize_title( $code ); ?>"> <th><?php echo esc_html( $tax->label ); ?></th> <td><?php…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make the VAT Number Field Label and Description translatable

Many online stores in the world are in several languages (especially when they need this VAT number plugin, which is for sales to different countries in the EU, which happens to be made up of countries which speak different languages) so it is very unfortunate if these field are not translatable. Don't look in Loco Translate or in Polylang String Translations - it is not possible to translate these user input strings. This has been confirmed by the plugin authors. I hope they include the option to translate these strings very soon so that this plugin is actually worth having…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to disable VAT field when the customer is from the shop's home country

An option (checkbox) to show the field for ALL EU countries except the set base country.

Optionally, they'd like to have a filter with possibility to list EU contries we don't want to enable EU VAT field for (with this one, you have to list all the countries you want the field to appear for and those might change). Although I imagine this would probably be too complicated.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce EU VAT Number  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Compatibility with Subscriptions

Using Subscriptions and the EU VAT Number extension together, when a customer downgrades a subscription they don't need to pay anything. Thus no VAT field required or needed in this instance.

The problem is that the VAT Number field gives you an error that the vat field is still empty

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Different tax rules for products consumed in the base country and products shipped abroad

For products consumed in Sweden we have to charge VAT, but for physical goods that we export within the EU, VAT should not be charged to companies providing a valid VAT-number so an option on each product to facilitate that would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Royal Mail Plugin - Tax on all shipping options

Put back tax/vat true for all Royal Mail Plugin shipping options. Or at least a toggle to turn this on/off. We have to charge vat on all shipping regardless, so having it suddenly switched to disabled on some shipping options makes the plugin useless to us.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Shipping Methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Custom checkout fields show up on customers email invoice, and on sellers email order

Right now when Im adding a custom field (VAT Number line for EU customers) my customers cant see this line on their email invoice. Neither can I on my email order.
    The only way I can see the VAT number is by checking out each order inside my shop.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. professional invoices extended (pdf/print)

The ability to print/save official looking invoices

based up on the look of "delivery notes"

but extended:

- custom invoice numbering
    - VAT field (for companies)

167 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base