WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Person Type screen

A user should be able to re-use person types per product.

Currently, as things are, users will keep creating new person types for each product

To address this, we need to create a separate screen for browsing all post types of type "person type".

Also where it currently says `Add Person Type` we will need two buttons, one for creating and one for linking to existing person type.

This behaviour is seen in some of the other extensions as a feature. E.g. in the product data metabox, you click Remove but it's not actually removed, it's unlinked from that product,…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add price range multipliers, like for Bookable products

I want to have 4 pricing options - weekday low season, weekend low season, weekday high season, weekend high season.

This is possible with standard Bookable products - I can add one rule to increase the price on the weekends, and another one to increase the price in high season:

However, on accommodations product I can only set cost per night, without an option to stack rules and increase / multiply the previous price:

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Subscriptions: Add support for payment method change.

I'd like to be able to change the payment method on a PayFast subscription.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When VAT is removed, the tax label is sent as No Tax rather than Tax Exempt.

The plugin does not distinguish between an order which had zero tax applied and an order which was tax exempt. It would be nice for the plugin to distinguish between the two, as they are technically two different tax labels.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Xero  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Compatibility with Order/Customer CSV Export and Invoice/List Packaging extension

Since the Bookings v1.10.1 release the data which used to be exported by the Order/Customer CSV Export extension is no longer returning any data from Bookings into the exported CSV files `item meta`.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Expand subscriptions support into full-scale tokenisation support

Our use of PayFast tokens is currently limited to Subscriptions. Tokens could be used for Deposits, Pre-Orders, and other extensions as well.

Let's expand our use of tokens to support these other services.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Paypal Yellow Express Checkout Button on all products pages ?

All products should have the Paypal yellow button to allow customers to checkout with 1 click without filling the form.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. PayPal Access Support

Hello! I would like to suggest to create a plugin for PayPal Access:

http://go.magento.com/support/kb/entry/name/paypal-access/

Would be very useful for stores accepting currently PayPal. Thank you!!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mark invoice as VOID if the WooCommerce order status changes to REFUNDED.

This would be done via a POST request to the Invoices endpoint.

Of note: an invoice cannot be modified **at all** in Xero if the invoice is marked PAID.

https://developer.xero.com/documentation/api/invoices

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Xero  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Preview Changes for Bookable products

I've got a bookable product that's published and working how I want it. I decide to change the price or add a new availability rule, etc., any kind of new changes. I want to preview the change before updating.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Recognise the sales tax and allow to put it into a separate Sales Tax Liability account

For every order recognise the sales tax and allow to put it into a separate Sales Tax Liability account, currently we can only mention 5 different accounts at **WooCommerce >> Xero**, if this is developed then it would provide an opportunity to capture the sales tax in to different account.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to add surcharges based on card type

Would like to be able to add a surcharge for customers who use an AMEX card (or have the ability to add surcharges based on card type, in general.) Currently, this is not possible unless the customer is redirected to a page on the eWAY site.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. WooCommerce Add-Ons performs validation checks before add to cart or disables button

Validation should be done before the add to cart is fired, or the button is disabled until mandatory fields have been completed.

This would prevent data loss when using the plugin with bookings as currently if a mandatory add-on field is missed the page is reloaded and the bookings date is lost.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Polylang plugin compatibility

I am making a site that uses Woocommerce Bookings and Polylang. Polylang has experimental support for Woocommerce, but it fails when using it with Woocommerce bookings. The problem is that translations of a product are distinct products themselves, so when I book Product A in language 1 on a certain timeslot, I am also able to book Product A in language 2 on the same timeslot. In other words, the availability check fails as the products are technically separate.

I was in contact with Polylang's author, Frédéric, who told me that he can't hook into the DB query that is…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Statement Descriptor for Vendors

Dynamic statement descriptor by Vendor. Each Vendor can set dynamic descriptor that is sent on payments so customers can easily see who has charged belongs too.
    This would reduce market providers charge query rates significantly.

Stripe allows for this in each payment https://stripe.com/docs/charges#dynamic-statement-descriptor.

Default is your gateway provides your descriptor but you can add your vendor details to customer statements. Just needs one 22 character field in Vendor details that is carried onto charges.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Confusing Special Rates

The "range of weeks" option here is pretty confusing: http://cld.wthms.co/yDW6sg. The customer at first thought it was dynamic, meaning they could offer discounts rates for the second week the customer was booked with them.

Turns out, it is actually just a way to change the prices based on the 52 weeks of the year.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show bundled item sale price before + after discount is applied

In cases when this snippet is used: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/bundles/bundles-tips-tricks-and-snippets/#section-6 , which allows discounts over bundled product sale prices then the bundled item price should show up like this:
    Regular price (crossed out), Sale Price (crossed out), New Sale Price.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pass additional field 'Invoice description' to eWay

eWay has a field titled _Invoice description_ which remains empty currently since our extension does not populate this field. It is requested that we pass this additional field so that important information regarding an order can be passed using it.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Confusing quantity in shopping cart when using persons

What I expected

If "persons count as bookings", the quantity item in the shopping cart should reflect the number of persons / bookings, instead of defaulting to 1.

What happened instead

The bookings hows "five persons", but the quantity shows 1 - this is quite confusing for end-customers.

Link to screenshot: http://cld.wthms.co/KQUx/3SvEhxcr

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base