WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Vote for an existing idea (52)
  • or
  1. Allow for itemized list of taxes to display when Enable Automated Taxes is on.

I noticed when "Enable Automated Taxes" is on, I cannot select itemized tax totals. So when the customer is viewing their tax totals, they just see the label "Tax." This would be much more clear to customers if the Tax Name from the tax table displayed (i.e. "20% GB VAT" or "CA Tax"). This should also display on the email confirmation and PDF Invoice. The PDF Invoice gets attached to the outside of the shipping box when shipping to the UK and should have the label "20% GB VAT" so that it clears customs.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - WooCommerce Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. value added tax

Hi

Unfortunately, we in Switzerland do not have 1 cent (rappen) products but 5 cent steps.

Example: 12,95 / 12,90 / 12,85

Since we would like to use the VAT, we need an up or rounding system in the backend. Apart from that we have strange numbers like 12.97, which is not available in our shop.

This would be very helpful and makes it easier to work with Woocommerce.

It would also make sense to have an option for manual processing of a purchase order to have an option whether VAT is included or exclusive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't allow checkout when VAT number is incorrect

Display error message and don't allow to be placed.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Taxamo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Refund separately the total price of order and the tax amount

Currently, there is no way to refund an order stating the amount of tax. The tax reports are thus not exact when you have refunded an order because the VAT has not been decreased with the refunded order.

If Woocommerce allows us to add orders and to define which amounts of tva there should be on products + on delivery, when Woocommerce allow us to refund an order, it should allow us to fill the exact same information.

It would be very useful to allow shop owners to refund an order with the total price of the products + amount…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Alderney and Sark to Table Rate Shipping

Alderney & Sark, part of the Channel Isles, are missing from Table Rate Shipping. The Channels Isles, under the protection of the UK for defence and foreign affairs,are in fact outside the European Union and have a VAT rate of 0 (zero) percent, like Guernsey & Jersey - also part of the Channel Isles. These latter territories are listed in the Table Rate Shipping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to insert order details using one variable / shortcode

Hi there,

Now I can insert some of the details of the order in the follow up emails using variables. But there isn't a variable for every order data. I want to insert 'VAT type' because I have items with different VAT types and amounts, and I want to display these separately. I want to show coupon discounts used during order, etc. If I use the default WC emails, I got everything in the order completed emails. It would be good to be able to insert the same order details into follow up emails as well. Best would be…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When VAT is removed, the tax label is sent as No Tax rather than Tax Exempt.

The plugin does not distinguish between an order which had zero tax applied and an order which was tax exempt. It would be nice for the plugin to distinguish between the two, as they are technically two different tax labels.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Xero  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. WooCommerce Xero - Passover Tax Rates OR Multiple Sales Accounts

Currently the Xero for WooCommerce plugin is optimised only for markets that have a single rate of VAT (or Sales Tax, or GST in Australia) - as the tax data is not passed to Xero from Woocommerce, and you therein apply it automatically in Xero (depending on the rate associated with your sales account).

However many markets have multiple VAT rates, meaning that in order to integrate WooCommerce & Xero, you need to go through EVERY sales transaction and apply the tax rate to EACH LINE ITEM!!! It renders the plugin almost useless in such markets (e.g. every country in…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Xero  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Retail Plugin (Business to Business)

I would like to have special login for Business. Here is why:

I have a company and i deal with both B2C and B2B. I would like to have an area on my website SPECIFIED for Business with their own account and different prices since they buy in bigger quantities. It would be nice to give the user the opportunity to create either a client account or a business account and according to this choice they would be redirected to fill the infos that we ask them. (for example VAT and Registration Nr) I forgot to mention that we are…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow 3 decimal precision when entering weights and prices

When entering weight or prices, the values are truncated to 3 decimal places. This causes issues when you want to enter weight in Kg and also problems with shipping costs being rounded to strange amount when Tax is charged on shipping.

For example, we want to charge £12.95 for shipping some items. We charge Tax on shipping. If when configuring Table Rates we set Tax Status to Taxable, we need to enter the Row Costs as £10.79 or £10.80.
    In checkout, the shipping cost is shown as £12.94 or £12.95 because of rounding. So how can we enter the EXACT…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve the "add order" page in woo admin

The "Add Order" page is an excellent tool for people like me, who also sell products in their shops, by phone (...) and who want to manage their stocks and edit their invoices through the same tool.

But it's almost impossible to use as it is. Quantities updates seems not working, tax calculation are wrong in some cases, and products with attributes can only be added if you know the exact reference of each attribute.

I give you an exemple including those 3 problems :

- I want to sell 3 tee-shirts of the same model, but when I try…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. International taxation solution for marketplace

I urgently would ask you to come up with a solution for international taxation on marketplaces.

In a globalized trading world, the standard WooCommerce tax setting option does not suffice for an international marketplace. International taxation is complex. There are many trade agreements with different countries. For one country it may be tax free and for another country it may be taxable and also the type of product or service you offer defines the amount of tax you have to apply.

Have a look at this tax craziness: https://www.ey.com/gl/en/services/tax/worldwide-vat--gst-and-sales-tax-guide-2019---rates

So there is no standard tax rules an admin…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base