WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Vote for an existing idea (238)
  • or
  1. A/B Testing

Being able to perform split A/B Testing is something that is vital for ecommerce stores if they wan to improve conversions.

Currently this is something that's really hard to achieve. Being able to select things like displaying a side bar or not, testing different sidebars. Changing the colours of buttons (altering the class names on tags), different layouts (using templates) would be useful for example.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Page listing products without image with accordion expand variations lines products

Hello, it would be great to have a plugin with a list of products product image with a high of about 70px that and that each line include the product name, minimum price and maximum variations as an accordion that by deploying present all product variations one per line with a corresponding input quantity and next to a button to add to cart.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. start date for the auto export

In the auto export can you add a start date or export begin date. I have a 25 site license and because I installed them on different days I get my exports on all different days instead of the same time and same day. Can you also put in a recurrence button which makes the auto export happen say everyday, weekly, fortnightly or monthly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. email header image

Admin > WooCommerce > Settings > Email > Header Image is garbage. At the very least it should have a button that opens the WP media library and lets you upload or select an image. The documentation on this feature doesn't say shit. How big should this image be? will it be hotlinked from the client's server? can they use that to see who opened an email a la Mailchimp?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Table Rates on products

WC has the table rate plugin for shipping multiple products, but it's currently not possible to apply table rates to orders of multiple products alone. Regardless of shipping.

It's going to be a common feature request.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Key improvements for management of Variations

When there are many variations in a product, maintaining the list is very slow because:

1. The one-click "Link all variations" button produces a very unordered & messy list of all variations.
    2. Please add filters to the variations tab in the same way the WP admin screen has filter drop-downs for Products.
    3. Auto-highlight (or offer to auto-remove) variations that have zero value or at least auto-disable them.
    4. Add a bulk edit button for weight & size.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  7 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add an EXIT or CLOSE link to the Cloud Zoom modal window

Cloud Zoom presents a modal window on click.

The modal window displays a large version of an image.

The modal window has no (X), no CLOSE, or any button or link of any kind. I refreshed the page to get the modal window to go away.

I've since learned that I only needed to click outside of the modal window to make it go away. That's assuming too much from a user.

The modal window should be like every other modal window online where the user can click outside of it--but where there is a clear link or button to…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Smart Coupons Extension: Option to "Resend" Coupon Manually

There should be a button from within the edit coupon page where you can send (or resend) the coupon manually. This is necessary because there are a number of instances where it comes up - for instance, if someone enters the wrong email address originally, and then they need us to change it for them and they need it re-sent, or if the person never gets it for some reason.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Smart Coupons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ajax auto update Cart Totals when changing Quantity

With 2.6 released the cart is updated via Ajax, a big improvement, however it's still necessary to click 'update cart' manually.

Even better would be an automatic Total Price calculation when the Quantity of a product changes, without the need to manually click on "Update cart" button.

This improves the user experience and speed during check out.

Something like this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-ajax-cart/

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Other platforms have had issues with this type of functionality.

Making it auto update would mean the update button is not needed. In some cases however, the update button is used for more than just qty updates so removing this would be breaking.

Additionally, updating quantities on every change can lead to multiple posts/ajax refreshes that are unnecessary. e.g. if I wanted to update several qty’s at once, or increase a qty by a few units using the ‘arrow’ buttons on the quantity input.

For these reasons we’d like to keep the update button around. This will be re-evaluated and user-tested with a larger checkout redesign in the future.

10. Extend Account Funds

To make it work better for internal company stores, where account funds are the sole method of payment, and administered by a manager (not purchasable):

1) add scheduling of funds, similar to coupon validity dates, so that funds can mirror periodic budgets.

2) in settings, electing to not allow users to purchase funds should result in the hiding of the "deposit funds" button in all locations, including the shortcode.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Account Funds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. users submitted product photos

It would be nice if there were an extension that would allow users to upload photos of themselves wearing or using the products and have them as added to the product photos or as an additional tab in the tab area.

Something like a + button in the product photos or an additional tab in the tab area.

they should probably have a setting to allow the photos to be moderated as well.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Regerate permission from current date

Currently when we use the regenerate download permission button it resets the download counter and resets the link expiry date based on the date the product was purchased.

This second part is not very helpful since often you want to regenerate the download permissions because the date has expired.

It would make more sense to set the expiry date based on when you regenerate the links rather than when the order was placed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Share WooCommerce data from products with Google shopping database instantly

I spent a hundred hours (and I'm 1/5th of the way done) to create products in my woocommerce store. Google is coming out with buy buttons on search results for Google shopping. Would be nice to not have to enter all that data again. Would be nice to either have an export file full of data, or just auto-transfer (share) it with Google so people can buy immediately there.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New Order and Successful Payment Email Notification to Admin

A client of ours is receiving a lot of New Order email notifications, which aren't leading to anything due to the payment not being completed.

I realise this is triggered at the point of pressing the final button during checkout and might be necessary for payment options such as Cheque, but it would be great to have an additional notification email option that is triggered when the completed order page is displayed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Quick View & Add to Wishlist Integration and Bundle

I have already purchased pinshop theme which has an infinite scroll and I want my users to be able to get around the shop without any interruptions so I would like to buy Quick View plugin. Add to wishlist plugin is also needed but it would be better if users can see add to wishlist button on the quick view pop up window. these 2 plugins could be even a bundle then.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Drag and drop type editor

Drag and drop editor. Fantastic plugin but extremely difficult to make look nice. If it had a drag and drop editor with just simple items such as a header image, preheader, buttons, social icons etc it would be perfect. I currently don’t want to buy it again unless an easier email editor was put in place. With all the new drag and drop and Gutenberg etc surely this would be easier now.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make switching different variations and shipping methods easier

Current situation

1. A person wants to change the shipping method (let's say from tracked to untracked) or the variation of a variable subscription (let's say from Coffee Pack 1 to Coffee Pack 2)
    2. He clicks on the upgrade/downgrade button
    3. He picks the same product variation (to change the shipping method) or a new variation he'd like to change it to
    4. Goes through checkout

This is not terribly intuitive and takes many steps while the idea of Subscriptions is to have things simplified.

So the suggestion is to simplify this. Why not have the same variable options…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add grey text "Add coupon code" to blank space on Cart page

My clients are getting confused about where to enter the coupon code at times. I suggest adding grey text "Add coupon code here" or just "coupon code" to the white field to the left of the "Apply Coupon" button on the cart page, so it is consistent with the coupon code field on the checkout page. I am losing some customers as they don't go on to the Checkout page without being certain the code can be applied.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Patrick Rauland responded

Assuming your browser supports placeholder text (almost all do now) you should see “Coupon Code” in the field.

19. Easy way to provide free sample downloads on product page

For many kinds of products a free sample download is useful (software, plugins, themes, books, etc.)
    Right now there is no easy way to include this into a product page.

Would be good to have an additional option "product has free sample download", a way to upload the file directly in the product admin, a text field for the sample download teaser text, a nice button with customizable text, - voila.

Increases sales like nuts for a lot of products!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Redirect purchase at item level to another site

Sometimes you have items that you want in your store, but you can't (or don't) resell them. If that button can take the customer to the third-party site's page of your product.

For example: Kindle files, iTune files, mobile apps, etc. need to be purchased on another company's site, but if you are the producer of said book, music files, mobile app, you want it included seamlessly in your own shop.

This would also be good for affiliate links.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base