WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

How can we improve WooCommerce?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Vote for an existing idea (48)
  • or
  1. VAT Exemption

In the VAT exemption module, the VAT amount is shown higher on the screen than the exemption form. Customers are put off because they see they have to pay VAT before scrolling to see the exemption form.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Split VAT on static bundle products

Hi,
    It would be nice to have VAT splitted in static product bundles extension if products have not same VAT rates.
    Product bundles extension is almost great for what I want to do, but I cannot use it because of accountancy issues:
    I would like to create a static bundle product with a physical book and cards, and of course a discount.
    The issue is that in France (and not only), books and other products have different VAT rates.
    Book : VAT = 5.5%
    Cards (or other products, even downloadable book) : VAT = 20%

Example:
    Book = 30 €…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Single product cart price netto/brutto,incl.VAT&excl.VAT

Hi there, knows anybody how to makethe settings to view the price netto/brutto,incl.VAT&excl.VAT on single product cart??

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disability VAT Exemption - Exempt VAT on shipping costs too

What I expected
    To exempt VAT both on the product that's supposed to help people with disabilities, and on the shipping cost.

What happened instead
    When I enter my VAT exemption reason, I can see the VAT amount was deducted from the product price, but not from the shipping cost

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Zero Rate VAT sent to Xero

Currently products that are marked as 'Zero Rate VAT' in WooCommerce show as 'No VAT' or 'Tax on Sales' in Xero, which results in incorrect VAT returns. This is bad news for businesses that have Zero Rate VAT products configured.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Xero  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Compatibility with WooCommerce EU VAT Number

VAT Number field is not displayed. So proceeding to checkout will display invalid VAT number.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Possibility to add VAT number on new order

And exempt VAT when the VAT number is valid.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Taxamo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. VAT per Item Unit calculation

Firstly here's some background; create a product for £1.66 and calculate a VAT of 20% on it while adding 36 items of this into the cart, Now the order has been broken down to have £11.95 VAT where as it should have been £11.88. This is because WooCommerce doesn't round VAT per unit so instead of 20% of £1.66 being 33p, WooCommerce takes it as 33.1944.

So with that in mind is there a way to add an option that the rounding per unit can be done for VAT calculations?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change MyAccount Section Title from 'Vat Number' to 'EU Vat Number'.

It is otherwise misinforming customers that they can enter all kinds of vat numbers in there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce EU VAT Number  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change MyAccount Section Title from 'Vat Number' to 'EU Vat Number'.

It is otherwise misinforming customers that they can enter all kinds of vat numbers in there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce EU VAT Number  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Automatically fetch the latest EU VAT rates

The EU VAT plugin makes it possible for the buyer to add their VAT ID sonthat they don't have to pay tax. That's great so far. But...

It would be even better if the plugin automatically could fetch the latest VAT rates and update them accordingly. That way the user of the plugin won't manually have to keep track of all the EU VAT rates and rhe plugin would be totally automatic.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - WooCommerce Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. plugin WooCommerce EU VAT Number > REST API

For integration purposes with my invoice program, the VAT number that a customer inserts when ordering (made possible with the WooCommerce EU VAT Number plugin) needs to be in the REST API. So this number will be also exported with the order. The VAT number is not there right now.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BtoB: proper EU VAT rules extension virtual goods

Hi, for EU B2B virtual goods a lot of tweaks are necessary to use woocommerce or woocommerce subscribtion when selling also to B2C

When making a extension with all proper tax classes (now everyone has to find out the wheel again, search all EU iso codes ( the right formated ones) makes the tax classses buy the extension http://docs.woothemes.com/document/eu-vat-number-2/ to collect and verify the right VAT, and the modify the checkout form.

Rules
    Company / 'shop base country' / valid VAT= add 'shop base country'% VAT
    Company / EU but not 'shop base country'/ valid VAT

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. VAT in cart not so clear for customers

Any creating a B2B ecommerce website will probably find this one interesting. Basically VAT and TAX is very important in a B2B website and needs to be crystal clear. Basically business customers need to see the break down of VAT immediately and clearly as possible. Right now the products can be displayed to include VAT which is great and what most people want I am guessing. Then in the cart and checkout pages you can try to display the prices with the VAT breakdown by displaying prices excluding VAT however it just gives a VAT total at the end of…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. EU VAT Numbe cURL

Hi,

it's a idea/bug for the plugin EU VAT Number (not in the list)

My customers and I have this error very often when someone enter a VAT number.

VAT API Error: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 5000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

Nothing work except if this field is empty so all my customers (companies) can't bought my products...

cURL is up to date:
    apt-get install php7.0-curl
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    php7.0-curl is already the newest version (7.0.8-0ubuntu0.16.04.3).
    php7.0-curl set to manually installed.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Possibility to add VAT number as customer field

Were I am also still am waiting for is the the storage of the VAT number in the Customer Database. at this moment the VAT number is stored with the order. A returning customer have to enter the VAT number on every order again. It would be great if the VAT number is stored with the customer details, filled in automatically at checkout and used by Taxamo for the validation.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Taxamo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Manual VAT validation when server is busy

The external server that validates the VAT ID is very often unavailable. That's an enormous conversion killer!
    I would want to see the following feature:

In case the server is unavailable we show the error message (as done already).
    Under the message we write "Please re-check your VAT ID, confirm below and submit your order again.".
    Under this we put a checkbox and a sentence "I hereby confirm that my VAT ID is correct and valid."

If the user checks the checkbox and submits the order again, the VAT will not be checked by the external server and we put…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add hooks to the plugin / Store the VAT result as session

We had a request from a client to remove shipping when a valid VAT number is entered. We had to customise the plugin because:

1. There are no hooks available.
    2. The VAT number and result of the VAT check are not stored in a session - or accessible before the checkout is complete, except in the $post data.

Would be great to store the VAT number and validity check in a session so it's accessible elsewhere, e.g. in 'woocommerce_package_rates' - or add some hooks / filters to the plugin so it can be extended.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. show prices inc VAT in admin Add/Manage order (when set)

The option to show prices inc VAT in admin Add/Manage order (when set in settings). When a customer phones to place order we cannot see price with vat until calculated tax,

I guess how this would work is show vat prices as standard and when calculate taxes just do a calculation from sub total. This is a option that many store owners will love.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Company ID / VAT ID to be stored in customer account

Currently Woocommerce does not store store company ID or EU VAT ID in customer user account. ID is stored only in individual order in custom fields.

The problem arises when creating new order for customer through the admin site: ID must be searched from old orders and filled manually and then calculate also VAT tax manually as automatic "Calculate taxes" button will give invalid result regardless of VAT ID copied to custom fields.

This is a must-have primitive feature in e-commerce platform.

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base