Sensei LMS

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei LMS.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show wrong answers

Once the test is taken it's nice to see the percent correct, but there's no feedback for which questions are wrong. Unless, I'm not seeing this in the examples, it would be very frustrating if a 100% is required to pass (i.e. a homework assignment).

244 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    41 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Sensei team has been discussing how we can improve the quiz experience for students. We’ve come up with a first draft that enables showing the correct answers, as well as providing feedback for both correct and incorrect answers.

It’s important to note that this is very rough and is not representative of what the final solution will look like. This is just a starting point to get the discussion going and begin to co-create a solution with everyone who has an interest in this functionality.

To that end, here’s a link to the mock-up. You can leave feedback by clicking the “Leave Feedback” button – https://app.evrybo.com/share/project/12489/135181/oRxY05LKo1HAqAiKG1HT

2. Add Course to Multiple Products in WooCommerce

It would be nice if I could take a course and add it to multiple products in WooCommerce. Currently I would like to offer a course as part of a subscription and as a standalone product.

Please makes this possible!

235 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    48 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. URL friendly (SEO)

Having a more friendly URL (SEO)!
    For example, instead of "/lesson/lesson-one /" be "/name-course/lesson-one/".

Vote!

205 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. If a quiz is NOT passed, take the student back to the lesson to try again. Currently students have to hit reset, which isn't clear.

When a student doesn't pass a auto graded quiz. The message is displayed at the top telling them they didn't pass. They can look at their questions and see how they did. But it isn't clear to reset to try again.

Maybe have a setting to force the student back to the lesson, and not show them what they got wrong.

Then when they take the quiz again, they will get a new set of random questions from the pool.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better Analytics and Structure and Information

I have multiple classes, Period 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. I really need to be able to see the analytics for just a specific class at times. I also need to be able to see how long a student is actually spending reading a course and taking a quiz so I know if the student is actually trying and not just going straight to the test. It will help to give me a better understanding of what might be going wrong. I also think some charts or something would be nice.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bulk Upload CSV to Populate or Edit Courses, Lessons or Quizzes

I have tons of courses, lessons and quizzes I want to add and the wordpress dashboard is not very friendly to inputting large amounts of data at once because of its segmented back end. This would really help user workflow and setup for a website looking to migrate to your system.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Limit the number of times a quiz can be taken

We need to limit the number of times a student can take a quiz. For example, if they fail the quiz 3 times, they should not be able to take it again. (can make it so that the admin can override this - and reopen... but by default there should be a maximum number of attempts that can be set).

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Matching: New Type of Question for Quizzes

It'd be great to be able to create matching exercises (two columns, same number of items, one to one relationship) using Sensei.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export Lessons and Quizzes Easily

So right now you have to export everything from your site, the lessons, quizzes, courses, and questions all for one lesson or quiz, etc. Now some of us work with other teachers and collaborate and it makes it difficult for the receiver to have to delete all the unwanted lessons and such. Can you make a quick export for lessons and courses that make it easier to send and use.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sensei mass edit/create: quiz percentage, questions, lessons...

Hi, my first course in Sensei got 54 lessons, and to go individually setting the quiz percentage is almost maddening.

Please make settings for mass edit:
    - Quiz percentage global site or course
    - Mass create lessons (excel table import or something)
    - Mass create quizzes (excel table import or something)
    - Any other mass operations

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The option to have the quiz load on the same page as the content

Currently the quiz loads on it's own page, but I think it would be handy to at least have the option for the quiz to be loaded on the content page. Especially if students require another review of the content to answer the question. (saves them having to navigate backwards).

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Subscribe for all paid courses at once

Make it possible for users not only to buy seperate courses, but also give the opportunaty to buy unlimited access (for a specified amount of time).

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add ability for multiple authors / co-authors of a lesson or course

A lot of lessons or courses nowadays are co-written by multiple experts. It would be great to have the ability to list more than one author / co-authors on lessons and courses.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sensei Test Submission

We need a way to stop students from submitting their tests for grading until they have answered all of the questions in the lesson that they are taking.
    Some of our students are pressing enter on their "keyboard" on their keyboard or the "complete lesson" button by accident before they have finished answering all of the questions.
    This is a pretty big issue for us.
    Thanks!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Users should be able to purchase individual lessons within courses in addition to the entire course.

Users should be able to purchase individual lessons within courses in addition to the entire course.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Download list of e-mail addresses of learners taking a course

I would like to be able to download a list of e-mail addresses of learners taking a particular course!

For examle 30 learners take course A. I click on 'Learner Management'. I click on the 'manage learners' button at course A.

There I would like to see button 'Download CSV file' to quickly collect the e-mail address and first names of all students who bought course A.

If I could quickly import the learners e-mail addresses I could easy make a mail list in MailChimp to communicate with students taking that particular course A.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Creating paid courses on the fly within Sensei without needing to create a product manually in WooCommerce

Make selling the products easier by adding the selling info (price...) on the course page itself within Sensei, once this is done the course is up for sale (even if it meant creating a product behind the scene), this will ease the process and eliminates the duplicate work. Going through this duplication effort is not scalable especially in a marketplace setting.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Auto Answer Feedback: Different feedback for wrong answer and correct answer

I really happy you added the Auto Answer Feedback, but I'm not using it since I need to types of feedback:

One if the answer is correct, and one is the answer the student gave is not correct.

Using this approach, I can really give the feedback the student needs and sent him or her back to a specific lesson..

I'm now using SlickQuiz, but love to transfer it all to Sensei
    Thanks!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sensei - Sent private message to learner

To sent a private message to a learner, you create a new message and insert the learners username (person who will receive the message) in the 'Message sent by:' box in Message Information.
    Then you insert the teachers username (person who writes the message) in the 'Message received by:' box. The explanation in the interface seems to be the other way around. I attached a screenshot on how we filled the fields.

1. Private message teacher box autofilled when teacher is logged in with his/her account:
    Can't teachers box be autofilled or set to the logged in user by default?…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Multiple teachers for a single course, I think that is mandatory!

Today is common to have 2 or more professors involved in one course, is very important to have this option for a e-learning system.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base