Sensei

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei.

How can we improve Sensei?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Class Questions and Answers

I love the idea to have a place for students to ask instructors questions. What I would like to see is a "Q/A" section for each module or lesson (depending on how you want to do your Q/A).

This QA section would allow students to post questions and vote up questions if they have similar questions. The students should be able to post test, images (upload), videos (vimeo, youtube), .pdf, .doc, .pages, or whatever you want to allow them to upload.

There should be an option to allow students to answer other student questions or only allow instructors to answer…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Student Note-Taking

I would like to have an option for students to take notes while they watch the lesson video. They would then be able to submit those notes as part of their coursework. Since I do regular notebook checks anyway I think this could streamline things some. Ideally, these notes would auto-backup to the database so they'd be restored if a user's browser crashed and they needed to return to the lesson. I've seen these note-taking features before on other websites, but I'm not sure how to add them to my site. You can print, email, or save the notes to…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add ability to branch lesson flow or path

Right now all lessons are available or a linear path can be structured. Difficult to branch lesson path other than with prereq.

How about lesson path dependent on pre test results, or student interest, or based on lesson interaction (story based lesson with branching paths depending on response to situation), or the basic loop to lesson with quiz answers worked out if not done correctly.

This would add a level of interactivity and the course would appear to change to meet the student's needs, rather than a linear presentation of material and practice questions.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better Gradebook

So I would like a better grade book so that way I can get rid of my current grading system. I need to be able to easily type in grades where there would be classes, each class has students, and then there would be sort of like an excel sheet enter in the grades that aren't done in sensei. I still have normal graded assignments that I need to put in. I don't want to create lessons either to just type in a grade. Attendance would be pretty nice too, but lets take this one step at a time I…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Built-in support for protected Amazon S3 video code.

For Sensei to really be a sophisticated tool to offer online classes and workshops, it really has to offer a means to provide students with protected video. Hosting through Vimeo Pro, while nice, has limitations and isn't the smoothly professional delivery model that more experienced users seek--and that reflects a level or professionalism from the instructor. I find it shocking that Sensei supports Funny or Die videos but not S3--I mean, honestly, that's shameful. This product has SO MANY great features and would be integrated on my site today, but regardless of how many themes I chose or work-arounds I…

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Register with course key

To be able to use Sensei at our school students need to be able to register on courses with a course key given by their teacher.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add ability to import existing courses from moodle

I have a moodle site to move over. would liike to not retype every question in the quiz - 750 questions.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'd like to see the ability to add a SCORM-compliant module, PDF viewer

Adding video is great, I'd like to be able to add a 'SCORM-compliant' (actually TINCAN would be better) module to a page that would allow you to run complex HTML-based or Flash-based learning scenarios from Wordpress rather than a CMS such as Moodle.

Other options would be a mp3 audio file (may be possible now, haven't tried yet).

Allow the upload of a PDF, with a nice 'flipbook' viewer and scroll-viewer option

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. LTI

Please make Sensei supports LTI.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base