Sensei

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei.

How can we improve Sensei?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate SCORM-and-AICC-compliant lessons

Integrate SCORM-and-AICC-compliant lessons developed with such tools as Macromedia Captivate or Litmos. (Lessons are HTML5 or Flash - just need to pass the grade back to the LMS).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better Gradebook

So I would like a better grade book so that way I can get rid of my current grading system. I need to be able to easily type in grades where there would be classes, each class has students, and then there would be sort of like an excel sheet enter in the grades that aren't done in sensei. I still have normal graded assignments that I need to put in. I don't want to create lessons either to just type in a grade. Attendance would be pretty nice too, but lets take this one step at a time I…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import lesson comments to bbpress Form => Topic

Now that we have Buddypress integration (yay!), the final step is to kick-start those empty forums with the discussion already posted by students to existing Sensei lessons.

I've tried a plugin called "bbPress Post Topics" which works beautifully for blog posts. It creates a new "topic" for any post in a forum of your choice, then converts all post comments to "replies" in that forum topic.

It even allows for the appropriate topic to replace the default WP comments system at the end of each post.

The trouble is, it doesn't appear to work with Sensei lessons, I'm guessing because…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow for multiple instances of course in learner accounts for recertification

We utilize Woo Commerce and Sensei. Our customers must recertify in the same course within 2 years after passing to stay compliant. The only way we can accommodate this is to duplicate all of our courses and archive the current year (and associate with the current Woo products) so that the courses will show in the customer's sensei account when they purchase again.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sensei- We need that we sell individual lessons for a huge courses.. It's very important

Bumping this idea. We should have the ability to sell individual lessons for a cheaper price point. Original:

"We are looking for a solution where we can sell independent lessons inside a course where the course outline is divided into lessons and students can buy any lesson they want.
    We have a huge course where we will divide the course into lessons, and inside these lessons there will be the topics (it's three levels - Course -> Lesson -> Topics) sensei only has two levels (Course ->Lessons).
    We only need to show a course, and the lessons under that course,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Learners record number of hours spent learning

Hi
    I'm looking for an e-learning platform, where the learner can record the number of hours they spend watching videos/reading etc - is this possible with Sensei. My learners need to record the number of hours spent per year on Continuing Professional Development for their professional body registration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. university/ marketplace

It will be nice to have a marketplace extension where the plugin serves a a marketplace to teachers and students similar to a product or service marketplace. The teachers are the vendors and the students are the customers. The teachers can bill for their course and the marketplace receives a commission.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a discussion section where the cohort can share their ideas, questions, learnings, etc.

I need people to be able to publicly, not just privately, add to discussions so the whole cohort can learn from these posts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. LTI

Please make Sensei supports LTI.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base