Sensei

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei.

How can we improve Sensei?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Duplication Certifate Templates

Certificate templates are manual intensive due to the drag and drop positioning of fields. Al lot of time goes into creating one. So to save time it would be great to Duplicate and already created template.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Certificates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve Cetificates with Customizable Fields

Sadly the certificates plugin is too basic to be of real use, and needs to have customizable fields that hooked to the course. This needs to be available in the admin such that a non technical users can create a course expiration date, alternative title. special course code, or course number, or other types of specialty fields. That will display on the certificate.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Certificates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. teacher contact student

as a teacher using sensei I would like to send messages to students that are currently taking the courses. this does not exist. as of now, students can send a message to the teacher but the teacher cannot initiate and send the message. is that possible to add or is there a plugin for this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Course Participants  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a discussion section where the cohort can share their ideas, questions, learnings, etc.

I need people to be able to publicly, not just privately, add to discussions so the whole cohort can learn from these posts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lesson template per course

I would be nice have the option to create a template per course. So every lesson should use this template!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Redirect to specific page after succesfull quiz of final lesson.

I've noticed that many of our students are a bit confused when they have passed the last quiz of the course. It would be nice that if there is at least an option for a redirecting to specific page after final lesson quiz. For example congratulation page where you can find certificate etc. I think it is very important that students knows exactly what to do next.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "No Courses Purchased Yet" Message - My Courses Page

Hello, on the "/my-courses" page, I'd like to display a message when the user hasn't purchased a course yet. Currently, the my courses page just displays with no content.

Ideally we add some sort of if/then. If user has no courses, then display message ________

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. time/pause option for quiz/lesson

time/ pause option for lessons or quizzes, now required in some states. students need to be able to pause and save the quiz or lesson.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Set multiple prerequisites for lesson

I want to create a final quiz which contains some of the questions of all lessons in a course. So i created a lesson "Final quiz" and added all the questions. However sensei only allows to link one prerequisite lesson at a time. I want the students to finish all lessons first before they can take the final quiz

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display Sensei - Course Progress Widget on Course Page

The Problem - The Course Progress Widget only displays on Module or Lesson pages.

What's Required - Display the Course Progress Widget on the Course Page

Why - When a learner returns to an In Progress course they have to scroll to the bottom of the course page to see which lesson they are up to. Being able to display the course progress widget in a side bar makes it very easy to see

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Course Progress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple teachers for a single course, I think that is mandatory!

Today is common to have 2 or more professors involved in one course, is very important to have this option for a e-learning system.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow course to have more than one Teacher

Like title, give the capabilities to create a course with two o more teachers.

In this way, two teachers can work at the same common project.

Example:

How to make a Course by X and Y
    Lesson 1 by X
    Lesson 2 by Y
    Lesson 3 by Y
    Lesson 4 by X

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Frontend Teacher Interface similar UDEMY

I would like to be able to see the Sensei with the function of Frontend Teacher Interface, so we can build something similar to Udemy or Lynda.

And Sensei Statistics visible in the frontend with shotcodes and more...

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Assign Learners to Teachers

Is there anyway to assign learners to teachers? I will have a set of teachers that will cover a defined set of students, while the students go through multiple lessons.

Teacher A will have student group A and teacher B will have student group B, but both students may go through the same lesson at the same time. I was wondering if there was a simple way to assign the teachers to the students so that grading is easier.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The option to have the quiz load on the same page as the content

Currently the quiz loads on it's own page, but I think it would be handy to at least have the option for the quiz to be loaded on the content page. Especially if students require another review of the content to answer the question. (saves them having to navigate backwards).

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Permanent certificate access.

We are using Groups/Sensei with expiry dates on courses. So currently if a person subscribes to a course they get access for a certain period of time to the content and then it expires. Access to the certificate expires with it.

Is there a way we can give people permanent access to their certificates that are created.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Certificates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Limit the number of times a quiz can be taken

We need to limit the number of times a student can take a quiz. For example, if they fail the quiz 3 times, they should not be able to take it again. (can make it so that the admin can override this - and reopen... but by default there should be a maximum number of attempts that can be set).

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. sensei seats

Sensei Seats: Allow someone to purchase a group of courses (multiples of the same course) on one billing for distribution to a group of people. The customer can then email a registration link to the people that need to take the course. This would be helpful for people that need to train employees via bulk course purchases.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. If a quiz is NOT passed, take the student back to the lesson to try again. Currently students have to hit reset, which isn't clear.

When a student doesn't pass a auto graded quiz. The message is displayed at the top telling them they didn't pass. They can look at their questions and see how they did. But it isn't clear to reset to try again.

Maybe have a setting to force the student back to the lesson, and not show them what they got wrong.

Then when they take the quiz again, they will get a new set of random questions from the pool.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Great ability for developers to customize templates

I find myself unsatisfied with Sensei plugin when I discovered how limiting the ability to theme the content output actually is. It is EXTREMELY difficult, even when using action hooks and filters, to modify what content Sensei displays. For example, you can't specify if you want an excerpt or the full content displayed for lessons on a single course archive page. This is particularly true when it comes to using extensions, such as Modules; in that situation you can only show a simple link. The content is physically in a database and accessible, so please let developers extend capabilities by…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base