Sensei

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei.

How can we improve Sensei?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reorganize lessons BETWEEN modules in Order Lessons

Currently, you can only organize Lessons within a Module and not transfer them between Modules. It would be a huge improvement to allow the drag and drop of Lessons wherever you want them in this window. Also, Modules do not appear here unless there is already a Lesson assigned to them. All Modules should appear whether or not they have a Lesson assigned to enable easy drag and drop.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import lesson comments to bbpress Form => Topic

Now that we have Buddypress integration (yay!), the final step is to kick-start those empty forums with the discussion already posted by students to existing Sensei lessons.

I've tried a plugin called "bbPress Post Topics" which works beautifully for blog posts. It creates a new "topic" for any post in a forum of your choice, then converts all post comments to "replies" in that forum topic.

It even allows for the appropriate topic to replace the default WP comments system at the end of each post.

The trouble is, it doesn't appear to work with Sensei lessons, I'm guessing because…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Permanent certificate access.

We are using Groups/Sensei with expiry dates on courses. So currently if a person subscribes to a course they get access for a certain period of time to the content and then it expires. Access to the certificate expires with it.

Is there a way we can give people permanent access to their certificates that are created.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Certificates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The option to have the quiz load on the same page as the content

Currently the quiz loads on it's own page, but I think it would be handy to at least have the option for the quiz to be loaded on the content page. Especially if students require another review of the content to answer the question. (saves them having to navigate backwards).

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Auto Answer Feedback: Different feedback for wrong answer and correct answer

I really happy you added the Auto Answer Feedback, but I'm not using it since I need to types of feedback:

One if the answer is correct, and one is the answer the student gave is not correct.

Using this approach, I can really give the feedback the student needs and sent him or her back to a specific lesson..

I'm now using SlickQuiz, but love to transfer it all to Sensei
    Thanks!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Matching: New Type of Question for Quizzes

It'd be great to be able to create matching exercises (two columns, same number of items, one to one relationship) using Sensei.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Great ability for developers to customize templates

I find myself unsatisfied with Sensei plugin when I discovered how limiting the ability to theme the content output actually is. It is EXTREMELY difficult, even when using action hooks and filters, to modify what content Sensei displays. For example, you can't specify if you want an excerpt or the full content displayed for lessons on a single course archive page. This is particularly true when it comes to using extensions, such as Modules; in that situation you can only show a simple link. The content is physically in a database and accessible, so please let developers extend capabilities by…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better Analytics and Structure and Information

I have multiple classes, Period 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. I really need to be able to see the analytics for just a specific class at times. I also need to be able to see how long a student is actually spending reading a course and taking a quiz so I know if the student is actually trying and not just going straight to the test. It will help to give me a better understanding of what might be going wrong. I also think some charts or something would be nice.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Built-in support for protected Amazon S3 video code.

For Sensei to really be a sophisticated tool to offer online classes and workshops, it really has to offer a means to provide students with protected video. Hosting through Vimeo Pro, while nice, has limitations and isn't the smoothly professional delivery model that more experienced users seek--and that reflects a level or professionalism from the instructor. I find it shocking that Sensei supports Funny or Die videos but not S3--I mean, honestly, that's shameful. This product has SO MANY great features and would be integrated on my site today, but regardless of how many themes I chose or work-arounds I…

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bulk Upload CSV to Populate or Edit Courses, Lessons or Quizzes

I have tons of courses, lessons and quizzes I want to add and the wordpress dashboard is not very friendly to inputting large amounts of data at once because of its segmented back end. This would really help user workflow and setup for a website looking to migrate to your system.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Users should be able to purchase individual lessons within courses in addition to the entire course.

Users should be able to purchase individual lessons within courses in addition to the entire course.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom Content

It would be great if you customize the content that it shown when lessons/courses are complated.

e.g. if you complete lesson x you get a message congratulating that is relevent to the contents of lesson x

eg. if you complete course x, you get a message congratulating you (that is relevant to course x)

If for one would like to be able to add relevant calls to action, ads or affiliate links at the end of each lesson/course.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sensei mass edit/create: quiz percentage, questions, lessons...

Hi, my first course in Sensei got 54 lessons, and to go individually setting the quiz percentage is almost maddening.

Please make settings for mass edit:
    - Quiz percentage global site or course
    - Mass create lessons (excel table import or something)
    - Mass create quizzes (excel table import or something)
    - Any other mass operations

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Course to Multiple Products in WooCommerce

It would be nice if I could take a course and add it to multiple products in WooCommerce. Currently I would like to offer a course as part of a subscription and as a standalone product.

Please makes this possible!

232 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  47 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show wrong answers

Once the test is taken it's nice to see the percent correct, but there's no feedback for which questions are wrong. Unless, I'm not seeing this in the examples, it would be very frustrating if a 100% is required to pass (i.e. a homework assignment).

244 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Sensei team has been discussing how we can improve the quiz experience for students. We’ve come up with a first draft that enables showing the correct answers, as well as providing feedback for both correct and incorrect answers.

It’s important to note that this is very rough and is not representative of what the final solution will look like. This is just a starting point to get the discussion going and begin to co-create a solution with everyone who has an interest in this functionality.

To that end, here’s a link to the mock-up. You can leave feedback by clicking the “Leave Feedback” button – https://app.evrybo.com/share/project/12489/135181/oRxY05LKo1HAqAiKG1HT

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base