How can we improve Sensei?

I'd like to see the ability to add a SCORM-compliant module, PDF viewer

Adding video is great, I'd like to be able to add a 'SCORM-compliant' (actually TINCAN would be better) module to a page that would allow you to run complex HTML-based or Flash-based learning scenarios from Wordpress rather than a CMS such as Moodle.

Other options would be a mp3 audio file (may be possible now, haven't tried yet).

Allow the upload of a PDF, with a nice 'flipbook' viewer and scroll-viewer option

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gareth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Grace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for SCORM before tin can. I'm currently using tin can and the infrastructure is much more complicated if you just need to track completion and scores (like SCORM does). Tin can is good if you have good database management capabilities, and if you need to analyze in detail every click that happens during your course. I might need that someday, but for now I'd just like to serve up courses without all the extra complexity (and memory, and resources, etc).

• Mike Kormendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scorm + Tin Can compliant is definitely a +1 vote for me.

There's a plugin for Wordpress that allows you to embed a PDF with a simple shortcodes in pages, posts, or even classes, modules, or lessons, and it works very well on mobile devices (for the most part, aside from some small rendering glitches on overly complex PDF files).
    There isn't a whiz-bang page turning effect, but it works like a regular PDF viewer that you can change it's interface with if you know how to code a little. My honest opinion, flip book page turning effects are nice to look at, but not practical for learning environments.
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/pdfjs-viewer-shortcode/

MP3 audio file can be embedded with yet another plugin with Wordpress.
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/google-mp3-audio-player/

Feedback and Knowledge Base