How can we improve Sensei?

Show wrong answers

Once the test is taken it's nice to see the percent correct, but there's no feedback for which questions are wrong. Unless, I'm not seeing this in the examples, it would be very frustrating if a 100% is required to pass (i.e. a homework assignment).

244 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris Strickland shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminSensei Team (Product Owner, WooCommerce) responded  · 

The Sensei team has been discussing how we can improve the quiz experience for students. We’ve come up with a first draft that enables showing the correct answers, as well as providing feedback for both correct and incorrect answers.

It’s important to note that this is very rough and is not representative of what the final solution will look like. This is just a starting point to get the discussion going and begin to co-create a solution with everyone who has an interest in this functionality.

To that end, here’s a link to the mock-up. You can leave feedback by clicking the “Leave Feedback” button – https://app.evrybo.com/share/project/12489/135181/oRxY05LKo1HAqAiKG1HT

39 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Terry Elston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is my major issue. I want my clients to have feedback, yet not have to reset the whole quiz (multiple answers are not wrong) if ONE answer is not correct. Can Sensei build in a plug in that simply allows wrong answers and clients the ability to alter their answers? Otherwise I have to turn off the reset button, then have them answer the corrections via email or "contact teacher" button while the test will still remind visibly incomplete...

• Bruno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello there,

If like me you were fed up with this problem, you can manually do this:

Edit the file:

\wp-content\plugins\woothemes-sensei\includes\class-sensei-question.php

Around line 625;

just replace

$show_answers = false;

by

$show_answers = true;

That will show all answers to the user whether it passed the quiz or not. If you don't know how to implement that, I can do this for a small fee. Just contact me at bruno@beginwithb.com.

Cheers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was looking at buying this plugin, but the lack of this feature has caused me to decide not to buy it.

• Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any word on this yet? We would also love to see this feature

Please add this function. Let your customers decides whether they want to use this feature or not.

• MC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK, if we could also make it so that ONLY the explanations / notes associated with the wrong answers are shown, as opposed to everywhere (even for correct answers). Again, always as an option - as you say, everybody uses it in a different way. thanks

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I looked at the code for this and it was a simple change to make the auto mark question types give feedback even if they didn't achieve the pass mark to complete.

I personally changed it to say if the student was right or wrong but not display the feedback comment unless they pass the test but the logic to only show it if right/wrong or show it all the time would be easy too.

If anyone would like to know the changes required I'm happy to share.

Obviously the downside is any updates to sensei would overwrite the changes and so you would need to manually make them again.

• Suzanne J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the option for the program to RE-ASK any questions that are answered incorrectly with the ability for the learner to review the course materials until he/she successfully answers the question.

People learn best when they have to figure out the answer themselves, not simply be told the correct answer.

This whole discussion is worrying me that I have chosen the wrong LMS.

• AdminSensei Team (Product Owner, WooCommerce) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Because I want my students to have grading feedback, I am forced to turn off the "reset quiz" option. This means that when students fail a quiz, they are not allowed to move forward - ever!? How can I possibly retain students/customers if the first time they fail a quiz they are prevented from continuing their course? "

This is the purpose of the 'pass required' setting: If a pass is required, then you can't proceed if you fail the quiz.

If you turn off 'pass required', then grading feedback will be displayed and you can still enable users to reset the quiz.

We realise that this isn't always ideal, and there are many many possible use cases, which we will be addressing as we review the quiz logic.

• munaf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By using this plugin is it possible to show answer to user when Immediately after the attempt

This really needs immediate attention. Because I want my students to have grading feedback, I am forced to turn off the "reset quiz" option. This means that when students fail a quiz, they are not allowed to move forward - ever!? How can I possibly retain students/customers if the first time they fail a quiz they are prevented from continuing their course? As a temporary solution, I have to manually change their quiz answers in order to force-pass them so they can move forward. This is far from best teaching practice, and it will give them inaccurate final scores at the end of the course. Come on guys, this is really obvious stuff here.

• Nolan Burris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for including showing the right/wrong answers on a quiz! Currently, it only shows them for learners that have PASSED a quiz.

We'd love to have an option for showing right/wrong answers even if the quiz wasn't passed - so those who failed would know what they need to study.

Note: we've gotten around it by creating a separate lesson called "Practice Quiz" with the same quiz and a 1-point pass requirement. Since everyone passes, they'll see their right/wrong answers. Having an option to show or hide right/wrong answers (regardless of pass/fail) would be wonderful.

These seems obviously necessary - I'm very surprised this is not an option yet.

• BethKO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This sounds really good! I would like to have the ability to get an answer to a question for the student if they can figure it out. Any ideas?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base