How can we improve Sensei?

Forget SCORM support Tin Can API !

If Woo Themes want Sensei to have an edge over competition then please add Sensei support/integration for Tin Can API for courses. being able to track and report on formal and informal learning activities using tin can statements is the future - SCORM is limited and legacy.

177 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeffrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tin-Can is absolutely necessary for our project and your lack of support for it has helped us make the decision to go with LearnDash.

• Val commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

God I wish there was integration with scorm or tin-can.. I will be upgrading a clients captivate 8 files to tin-can and using learndash. I guess.. even tho I love woothemes =(

• Hugh Hou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I vote for Tin Can as well? This is VERY important feature in nowadays corporate training. LearnDash have it but their UI is pretty shitty and I really do not want to switch to them and keep Sensei.

• Mark W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a definite requirement for Sensei LMS to be able to support and run TinCan API from directly within it in a Wordpress environment, without the requirement for additional plugins. For example one competitor does support TnCan API but then you have to add another plugging and also create an LRS account with another provider at even greater cost. The developed LMS should be able to do all of this without additional costs because that would put you completely ahead of the competition and deliver an excellent product for your customers. As an LMS should be capable of doing all of this as this effectively is its job as i see it

Kind Regards

Mark

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, completely agree with everyone, SCorm is limited, and if someone can make this happen that would be great.

Daniel

• Simon Ives commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree, particularly given that your direct competition in Wordpress LMS plugins already supports the Tin Can / Experience API.

Its the most consistent thing that the clients using our software ask about, its not as sexy as some of the other features and there are plenty that are needed, but this one is a must to turn some heads.

Yes! Create integration with a launcher and LRS and make it easy for us to embed TIN CAN courses, track their completions and sell them as products. We want to use products like Storyline on a WP site.

I believe with this functionality and certificates it would open a large customer base for Woo.

Feedback and Knowledge Base