How can we improve Sensei?

Student groups

- Trainees can be assigned to one or more Groups,
- Courses can be assigned to one or more Groups (auto-enrollment)
- Analysis shows colective results groups (grades, etc)

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jorge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some students groups are useful for students because there are some groups in which there is an opportunity to study how to write papers in these groups - also I want to recommend buy here some paper if you are a student - https://paperell.com - it is an excellent company that can do your papers for which you must pay a low price!

• Sharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea because I want to be able to create content, and have other teachers be able to add their students into groups and just manage their won class and see only THEIR student's progress and data. Teachers need to be able to upload their own student accounts and hand students their user information, and then see student's progress at a glimpse.

• Blake Ellison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support Jorge's comment to integrate with the Groups plugin. I run a site that supports multiple schools, and a Groups integration would be extremely useful to break down analytics (or BuddyPress discussions) by school or by section.

In my personal case, I'd love if a Teacher would be able to see just the other members in their Group and not all students on the site.

• Luciver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Groups does not allow all feature for a good Teacher backend.
    A good backend teacher is really needed without groups plugin.

Managing school(s) / group of teacher / teacher and students for groups of teacher or teacher.
    Just an option in admin panel that allow teacher to see or NOT the other courses and other students...

10 years in school and i can t use really Sensei with other professor because they not set some lvl of permissions on back end. I can manage all or let other changing all to go on destroying many thing..

Trying Buddypress but not really good too :(

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But does the groups feature prevent the teacher from seeing the lessons, and other class details from the backend of other courses? Are teachers assigned to classes or does it just give them backend access to the wordpress dash? Thanks!

• Hugh Hou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also think have Study Group/Student Group is important. So Trainers / Teachers can sort students in group (like student belong to the same user role via Member Plug-in and defined in SignUp), and grant them in group. Also has role management ability at the backend. So only teacher has this role can grant and management student in this role group...

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but perhaps you can use the GROUPS plugin for wordpress which WooThemes endorses too as needed for their Subscriptions plugin.

• Leesa Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So each teacher can only view their own students' details, profiles, etc; not that of other students.

• Craig Grella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be interesting if you could integrate with the group functionality / extension for a pack that auto-configures groups., and attaches to a product/subscription.

Some of this can be controlled by putting bundles together of courses with the bundle extension, but The auto enroll feature would be nice too.

• Jorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or allow a clean integration with "Groups" plugin (group analytics and so on...)

Feedback and Knowledge Base