How can we improve Sensei?

Bulk upload learners to course

Currently, Sensei allows us to add learners to a course one at a time using the learner management tab for a specific course. The ability to bulk upload users to a course would be great.

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chance shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Greg McVerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Please. Manually enrolling hundred people into four courses is around ten hours of work in my estimation. Bulk enrollments are key.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone heard of a workaround for this limitation?

We need to offer two payment options for a single course, which apparently requires two separate products. So, only learners who opt for one of the payment options can be added automatically, requiring all the others to be manually added one at a time!

With hundreds of enrollments for the course, this is obviously prohibitive.

What are people doing to get around this?

• Pan-hang Tang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right, it is really necessary. Many teachers need to add hundreds of students to a course each time. Bulk input will save time and encourage them to use.

• M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm with that idea. It's not an idea, it's a necessity

Come on please get this going. Really great stable platform when poeple get on but can't sell to organisation - please please

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are times when the courses we're selling to organisations need this feature. It is good customer service on our part to not ask their learners to sign up individually, and also reduces a hurdle that might drive their staff away. There are existing bulk upload techniques to get users created, but none (that I know of) that can assign them to a Sensei course.

• Andrew Randazzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised this isn't already a feature. I have over 180 students that I often need to require to take certain courses. It is extremely tedious to add them one at a time to the course. Please allow for choosing all or multi-select of students in the learner management section.

• Luciver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A good way is to change the assignment:
    not 1 course to a product but 1 product to a courses
    So, wiht that, we can assign different product to same course and so let groups plugin manage it.

Or better, includ class in Sensei....

• Luciver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, I have a way but not nice: create double lesson, put one in group and going invisible for all. Import with csv user in this group and so, all member of this group see the lesson.

Anyway, they need to start the course themeselves

I agree. I need to add a few hundred students to a dozen classes and it is going to take me FOREVER. ugh.

Feedback and Knowledge Base