How can we improve Sensei?

Sensei - Sent private message to learner

To sent a private message to a learner, you create a new message and insert the learners username (person who will receive the message) in the 'Message sent by:' box in Message Information.
Then you insert the teachers username (person who writes the message) in the 'Message received by:' box. The explanation in the interface seems to be the other way around. I attached a screenshot on how we filled the fields.

1. Private message teacher box autofilled when teacher is logged in with his/her account:
Can't teachers box be autofilled or set to the logged in user by default? Now our client has to insert her username every time she wants to write a message.

2. Need to be an easier way to send a private message to learner by teacher:
Is there an easier way to send a message to a specific user? Just by having a list of users and clicking on the one that you want to send a message to?
Now our client has to look up the learners username every time she wants to send a message. If the user list is like 50 persons long, it takes a while before finding the username. Also since the username is not always the same as the learners name (first and/or last), it is hard to find the right learner.

3. Learner doesn't receive an e-mail when a private message is sent:
Also, when sending a message in the current way provided; The message appears in the learners private page, but there is no email sent to the specific learner with the information that a private message has been sent by a teacher. Is there a way to set this notification, or is it not provided in the current build?

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joao Branco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that it would be nice if you could send a message to all learners at once or send an email to them. I really need this feature.

Also, when I add new lessons to a course, the people who had finished the course continue with the status they had previously, I think they should automaticaly be set back again.

• sim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to find a way for tutors to send feedback to students on their uploaded homework assignments. Unfortunately there is no easy way to accomplish this as yet especially due to the difficulties of using the message system for this for the reasons Tim has outlined.

• Marta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with Leandro. I was looking how to do that but for what I see its not possible. It would be great to be able to export a .csv of all emails to send them emails to all of them from Mailchimp, for example. I was able to export info from learners but emails wouldn't appear.

• Leandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if you could send a message to all learners at once or send an email to them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base