Sensei

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei.

How can we improve Sensei?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sensei mass edit/create: quiz percentage, questions, lessons...

Hi, my first course in Sensei got 54 lessons, and to go individually setting the quiz percentage is almost maddening.

Please make settings for mass edit:
    - Quiz percentage global site or course
    - Mass create lessons (excel table import or something)
    - Mass create quizzes (excel table import or something)
    - Any other mass operations

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Register with course key

To be able to use Sensei at our school students need to be able to register on courses with a course key given by their teacher.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The option to have the quiz load on the same page as the content

Currently the quiz loads on it's own page, but I think it would be handy to at least have the option for the quiz to be loaded on the content page. Especially if students require another review of the content to answer the question. (saves them having to navigate backwards).

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Subscribe for all paid courses at once

Make it possible for users not only to buy seperate courses, but also give the opportunaty to buy unlimited access (for a specified amount of time).

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change all <input> buttons to <button type="submit">

Sensei buttons are the worst part about theming Sensei. This is because there markup is hardcoded into the Sensei classes and they are defined at input buttons.

You can add CSS overrides to style the color, border and padding,,, but that is about it as the type of <input> does not support most of the CSS standard. If for example you wanted to add a font based icon to the button this is not possible.

Typically you would use the CSS:before property to append the icon to the element, but the CSS:before property is not supported on an input tag.…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Permanent certificate access.

We are using Groups/Sensei with expiry dates on courses. So currently if a person subscribes to a course they get access for a certain period of time to the content and then it expires. Access to the certificate expires with it.

Is there a way we can give people permanent access to their certificates that are created.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Certificates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add ability to import existing courses from moodle

I have a moodle site to move over. would liike to not retype every question in the quiz - 750 questions.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add ability for multiple authors / co-authors of a lesson or course

A lot of lessons or courses nowadays are co-written by multiple experts. It would be great to have the ability to list more than one author / co-authors on lessons and courses.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sensei Test Submission

We need a way to stop students from submitting their tests for grading until they have answered all of the questions in the lesson that they are taking.
    Some of our students are pressing enter on their "keyboard" on their keyboard or the "complete lesson" button by accident before they have finished answering all of the questions.
    This is a pretty big issue for us.
    Thanks!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Display Sensei - Course Progress Widget on Course Page

The Problem - The Course Progress Widget only displays on Module or Lesson pages.

What's Required - Display the Course Progress Widget on the Course Page

Why - When a learner returns to an In Progress course they have to scroll to the bottom of the course page to see which lesson they are up to. Being able to display the course progress widget in a side bar makes it very easy to see

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Course Progress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Users should be able to purchase individual lessons within courses in addition to the entire course.

Users should be able to purchase individual lessons within courses in addition to the entire course.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Download list of e-mail addresses of learners taking a course

I would like to be able to download a list of e-mail addresses of learners taking a particular course!

For examle 30 learners take course A. I click on 'Learner Management'. I click on the 'manage learners' button at course A.

There I would like to see button 'Download CSV file' to quickly collect the e-mail address and first names of all students who bought course A.

If I could quickly import the learners e-mail addresses I could easy make a mail list in MailChimp to communicate with students taking that particular course A.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I'd like to see the ability to add a SCORM-compliant module, PDF viewer

Adding video is great, I'd like to be able to add a 'SCORM-compliant' (actually TINCAN would be better) module to a page that would allow you to run complex HTML-based or Flash-based learning scenarios from Wordpress rather than a CMS such as Moodle.

Other options would be a mp3 audio file (may be possible now, haven't tried yet).

Allow the upload of a PDF, with a nice 'flipbook' viewer and scroll-viewer option

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Creating paid courses on the fly within Sensei without needing to create a product manually in WooCommerce

Make selling the products easier by adding the selling info (price...) on the course page itself within Sensei, once this is done the course is up for sale (even if it meant creating a product behind the scene), this will ease the process and eliminates the duplicate work. Going through this duplication effort is not scalable especially in a marketplace setting.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add ability to branch lesson flow or path

Right now all lessons are available or a linear path can be structured. Difficult to branch lesson path other than with prereq.

How about lesson path dependent on pre test results, or student interest, or based on lesson interaction (story based lesson with branching paths depending on response to situation), or the basic loop to lesson with quiz answers worked out if not done correctly.

This would add a level of interactivity and the course would appear to change to meet the student's needs, rather than a linear presentation of material and practice questions.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Quiz : passmark and maximum time for success!

I need to make quiz with timer counting up and give a level of success based on % of good answers AND time to complete.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Assign Learners to Teachers

Is there anyway to assign learners to teachers? I will have a set of teachers that will cover a defined set of students, while the students go through multiple lessons.

Teacher A will have student group A and teacher B will have student group B, but both students may go through the same lesson at the same time. I was wondering if there was a simple way to assign the teachers to the students so that grading is easier.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Auto Answer Feedback: Different feedback for wrong answer and correct answer

I really happy you added the Auto Answer Feedback, but I'm not using it since I need to types of feedback:

One if the answer is correct, and one is the answer the student gave is not correct.

Using this approach, I can really give the feedback the student needs and sent him or her back to a specific lesson..

I'm now using SlickQuiz, but love to transfer it all to Sensei
    Thanks!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Class Questions and Answers

I love the idea to have a place for students to ask instructors questions. What I would like to see is a "Q/A" section for each module or lesson (depending on how you want to do your Q/A).

This QA section would allow students to post questions and vote up questions if they have similar questions. The students should be able to post test, images (upload), videos (vimeo, youtube), .pdf, .doc, .pages, or whatever you want to allow them to upload.

There should be an option to allow students to answer other student questions or only allow instructors to answer…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sensei - Sent private message to learner

To sent a private message to a learner, you create a new message and insert the learners username (person who will receive the message) in the 'Message sent by:' box in Message Information.
    Then you insert the teachers username (person who writes the message) in the 'Message received by:' box. The explanation in the interface seems to be the other way around. I attached a screenshot on how we filled the fields.

1. Private message teacher box autofilled when teacher is logged in with his/her account:
    Can't teachers box be autofilled or set to the logged in user by default?…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base