Sensei

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei.

How can we improve Sensei?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Class Questions and Answers

I love the idea to have a place for students to ask instructors questions. What I would like to see is a "Q/A" section for each module or lesson (depending on how you want to do your Q/A).

This QA section would allow students to post questions and vote up questions if they have similar questions. The students should be able to post test, images (upload), videos (vimeo, youtube), .pdf, .doc, .pages, or whatever you want to allow them to upload.

There should be an option to allow students to answer other student questions or only allow instructors to answer…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sensei - Sent private message to learner

To sent a private message to a learner, you create a new message and insert the learners username (person who will receive the message) in the 'Message sent by:' box in Message Information.
    Then you insert the teachers username (person who writes the message) in the 'Message received by:' box. The explanation in the interface seems to be the other way around. I attached a screenshot on how we filled the fields.

1. Private message teacher box autofilled when teacher is logged in with his/her account:
    Can't teachers box be autofilled or set to the logged in user by default?…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple teachers for a single course, I think that is mandatory!

Today is common to have 2 or more professors involved in one course, is very important to have this option for a e-learning system.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add REST API endpoints for courses, lessons, modules etc.

With WordPress 4.7, I think this is almost mandatory, isn't it?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Custom Content

It would be great if you customize the content that it shown when lessons/courses are complated.

e.g. if you complete lesson x you get a message congratulating that is relevent to the contents of lesson x

eg. if you complete course x, you get a message congratulating you (that is relevant to course x)

If for one would like to be able to add relevant calls to action, ads or affiliate links at the end of each lesson/course.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Must get question correct before progressing or similar

Rather than waiting until the end to find out how many questions were answered correctly, in situations where user must get all questions right, do not allow them to continue on until they have the correct answer. Would need a next button for each question or a way to auto mark as you go. Or when they are shown the questions they got right and wrong when they retry the ones they got right remain and they just need to redo the ones they got wrong.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Pause button sensei drip

Pause Button for Sensei Drip. Students can press "pause" if the go on a holiday or need extra time for the course

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Content Drip  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Course "Pass" Expiration

Really need a simple function that on a user completing a course it not only adds the date of completion but importantly allows an expiry date to be added eg. 1 year. This will mean that just before the year is up an email is sent informing the user that they are going to need to resit their test. This will ensure the user is always up to date with the course if it changes in that time or they have forgotten some of it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a MY CERTIFICATES TAB

Add a MY CERTIFICATES tab to Sensei, so the student can access their certificates and print them out from there anytime they want.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Certificates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Right to Left Language Support

Arabic Urdu and other RTL language could help a lot

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reorganize lessons BETWEEN modules in Order Lessons

Currently, you can only organize Lessons within a Module and not transfer them between Modules. It would be a huge improvement to allow the drag and drop of Lessons wherever you want them in this window. Also, Modules do not appear here unless there is already a Lesson assigned to them. All Modules should appear whether or not they have a Lesson assigned to enable easy drag and drop.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Send an email a month after last login for current members

Send an email a month after last login for current members. Basically add the trigger to use the user's last login date with the sending delay of 1 month or 35 days for all current Subscribers

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Integration with sensei and booking extension

Sensei is a powerful extension of woocommerce, but i have this need/idea:

The idea is integrate the booking extension to enable the lesson/course only on the date/time the user booking the service/course.

In my case, i need this integration because i have a button to an external source, wich is necessary to activate only in the time of booking.

:)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Course completed page

There should be a proper endpoint for a course. When you finish the last lesson you should be taken to a screen where it says congratulations you have now finished this course. And an option to download their certificate.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sensei learner e-mailnotification when quiz is graded manually

I don't want learners to recieve an e-mail every time they complete a lesson or when a quiz is auto graded.

I only want to send an e-mailnotification when a test or assignment is graded manually.

So we need extra option in the settings!

Please vote.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adding Save and Print option on the Graded Quizes

I would like to see Sensei to have the "teacher" have the ability to Save and Print the Graded Quiz for archiving and auditing purposes.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adding a link/button to Print and View the Certificate after passing the quiz

View Certificate LINK or BUTTON, to display on the quiz page after completing the quiz.
    (Right now View Certificate link is displayed on the single course page and in My Courses page under 'Completed Courses').

It takes 3 clicks to get back to the course page and is not obvious to the student that is there. Is also a very small link that says "view certificate" and it does not look like a button. It would be nice that after completing the course/quiz that button to print the Certificate will come up automatically. With the option to View it and…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Certificates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Don't use tabs in the UI, because it sucks on mobile devices

Hi.

I would like to request that the learner-profile template, does not use tabs to display the current courses and completed courses, because tab pages suck on mobile devices.

Why not simply display a section with Active Courses, followed by a section with completed courses beneath each other, which would look nicer on mobile devices.

See this example screenshot..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3809836/learner-profile-mobile-device.jpg

PS. It is in Danish.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Integrate SCORM-and-AICC-compliant lessons

Integrate SCORM-and-AICC-compliant lessons developed with such tools as Macromedia Captivate or Litmos. (Lessons are HTML5 or Flash - just need to pass the grade back to the LMS).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base