How can we improve Storefront?

Storefront Skins via Powerpack

Add features to Storefront Powerpack that allows users to save states in the Customizer. Make those states selectable from a dropdown to quickly and easily change the Storefront design (seasonal changes or complete redesigns).

Add an import / export for sharing.

Read more on the Storefront dev blog; https://storefront.wordpress.com/2016/09/27/storefront-skins-importexport-for-powerpack/

66 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
James Koster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Maciej Swoboda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a brilliant idea and would make our lives better and help our customers get beautiful designs.

• Lars Buur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great addition. Until then could you reveal where the customisations are saved and how to easily apply powerpack settings to a child theme?

• VitaMasters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It certainly seems like an interesting thing for small business starters to tinker with,

• David Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great.

I don't like Storefront very much, nor the child themes. That's why I use Canvas.

So Powerpack opens up possibilities. You asked whether there would be a demand to export a style to use elsewhere, and I would definitely want to do that - to set up a site and copy the design across to another site.

• Bernhard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice Idea - if then you could export all CSS related stuff into a single CSS file i would fall in love with the idea :P

Feedback and Knowledge Base