How can we improve Storefront?

bbPress (and/or BuddyPress) support

Support for bbPress and/or BuddyPress plugins, with specific style for them.

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Arthur Freitas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • @Gene_us commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry but this theme is called _storefront_ … i.e. store and front. As per the theme page, it is lean and mean. Zero shortcodes, zero sliders and zero page builders. This is by design.

By adding extra code to "support" bbPress and BuddyPress, that means every single website using this theme will lug around extra code if they don't use those plugins you are requesting support for.

Look at some of their extensions. They add features that don't bog down every Storefront user. Like a parallax effect? Use the extension. If you don't, you don't have to use it. That approach keeps the code clean with only the most important code remaining in the theme.

Think about, how likely is it there will be widespread adoption of those plugins? This theme is built with an eCommerce-specific use case, not social networking. More Amazon… less Facebook. ;)

• Brad Griffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just some honest thoughts:
    Why would I want an E-Commerce entity making styles for bbPress and BuddyPress?
    How does Storefront *NOT* support bbPress and/or BuddyPress?
    Actually, let me be more specific here (while _not_ posting a link that might seem self-promotional), how does Storefront ~with Sensei inside of it~ not "support" bbPress and/or BuddyPress?

Arthur, if you'd like to add specific styles, I'd like to encourage you to do that :-)

Prefix your styles with #buddypress to target the areas of BuddyPress content.

#buddypress .activity-content {
    }

You can even "experiment" with the look you'd like by snagging some of Storefront's styles and pasting those styles in between the brackets until you find the look that your visitors would enjoy the most.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least, SOME styling for BuddyPress. It's horrible right now. Absolutely terrible.

Feedback and Knowledge Base