WooCommerce.com Ideas

How can we improve WooCommerce.com and the Marketplace?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow access to license (subscription) lookup tool by URL or API

https://3rdpartydevs.wordpress.com/2018/06/06/coming-soon-look-up-customers-other-vendors-right-in-your-dashboard/

*What we would like to have is the ability to query the tool using a URL or an API. *

That way, our support agents could access license information directly from our support system.

The new license (subscription) lookup tool currently requires a support agent to login to a vendor account and use the webform. While this is a massive leap forward from having no access at all, this has a couple of flaws:

- We have a large support team, the members of which shouldn't have access to the vendor tools

- It's very inefficient to have to…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Vendor Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add deploy status to extensions list

When doing 50+ deploys at once for WooCommerce minor version updates, it would be helpful to see deploy status (queued, processing, live, failed) for the most recent version in the extensions list so it’s easy to find or keep tabs on all plugin deploys. Something like this would be ideal: http://cloud.skyver.ge/131Q1Q3o031A

5 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Notification of New Extensions Available

It will be lovely to have notifications every time a new Extensions it is available on WooCommerce.

4 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Strange loop for customers when has to login to pay

When a customer go to checkout and guest isn't allowed, and the customer input an email already registered, the customer sees a message that encourage him to log in, but this message has not a link to log in, as the option to log in has.

So, the customer receive the message that he can log in but there aren't any link to do so.

The idea es simple: That message "An account is already registered with your email address. Please log in." must have a link to log in, as the "Click here to login" does.

I think is…

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • improve woo customer services before doing other developments

Improve the apalling woocommerce customer support and ticket system.

Over the past month i have had to submit a few tickets, some of them are critical for my site.

On each and every occasion, the support response time has been really lousy - 9 days and still no response on one of my tickets, the subject of which is drastic to the operating of my site.

So, improve upon what you are doing now before doing development on other areas of woocommerce.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Extension Concierge

A real person to accept requests for functionality and find a plugin/extension that fits it. Twice now I've bought plugins that seemed like they were going to work based on the description only to find out they did not and that there was a different plugin that worked better (after submitting a ticket and grousing).
              This could be someone who contracts out their service and gets a percentage of the sale or a small fee (once the user is happy).

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Set license keys as constant in wp-config.php

There should be the ability to set license keys as constants in wp-config.php.

This would be a huge timesaver for those of us with multiple staging areas (local dev machines + live dev server + staging server + master).

Premium plugins that allow this already include Akismet, Gravity Forms, WP Migrate DB Pro, and many others.

I imagine it would help Woo sell more license upgrades too, so there's a financial incentive as well as serving the devs and agencies amongst the customers.

It could also work well with a single license a la http://ideas.woothemes.com/forums/72423-general-ideas/suggestions/4070817-remove-license-system-in-place-of-woo-login

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Premium Service at a Surcharge (monthly fee) with Skype chat/voice support (or otherwise)

I would like to suggest an additional kind of support at a surcharge - premium support where there is no redirection (or guided redirection and stay in charge), but just great service with people that are in charge and take responsibility + Skype chat/voice support (or otherwise), even when it concerns other plugins (maybe some list of approved plugins that are considered good quality). I would certainly be someone that would highly appreciate this kind of service and happy to pay a monthly fee!

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Put an obvious link to this ideas page on the support menu.

The only way I have ever gotten here is from a link supplied by a support ticket reply.

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Remove license system in place of Woo Login

The current license system is unmanagable for those of us with multiple sites and multiple extensions. Couldn't you have one single license key for my woo account. I could enter this on each WP install and then you could determine the license bought for each plugin.

I could then manage my multiple sites from one single instance.

The current system is not ideal. Say I have twenty sites with a dozen woo
                      plugins = not going to use the license system.

Another consideration is that we build sites on our staging server. Even though we may buy a single license,…

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Create My tickets tab in the my account section

I find myself searching for my tickets, maybe it’ll be a good idea to create a tab ‘my tickets’ on the ‘my account’ page (that’s actually the place i find myself going to when i search my tickets). Even if it’s just a redirect it'll be enough.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Exclusive support forum/wiki for members of Developer Club

Have you considered having a support forum/wiki dedicated solely to members of your ‘developer club’? This could be a nice added-value and may spur more people to invest in the subscription.
                          I envision the develop support forum to include more/in-depth documentation on topics like:
                          - hooks & filters in Canvas
                          - best practice development of child themes
                          - tips/tricks for developing client projects on WooThemes
                          - creating custom page templates to work with Listings’ Content Builder
                          - tips/tricks with the WooFramework
                          - etc.
                          I would imagine that such a forum/wiki would be popular with developers because it would contain exclusively…

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Ryan Ray responded

We are looking at ways to increase our support materials and resources. I think it would need to be accessible by every member of WooThemes, subscriber or not.

We’re always open for ways to add value to these subscriptions though, it’s a tough place to do so. :)

• Improvements when vendor reply to product reviews

Currently, extension vendors have the ability to "reply" to a review on one of their extensions - offering the ability to reach out to customers about problems they may have had, or features that they may not have understood / known about.

The vendor doesn't currently have access to contact details for the reviewer - just the ability to use the "reply" link on the vendor dashboard. However, when they use that the email to the vendor is from info@woocommerce.com.

If the customer responds to that then it ends up as a general ticket (not an extension-specific ticket) in…

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow reviews to be flagged from vendors dashboard

Currently, the only way to "flag" a review is on the front-end. However, given that reviews aren't shown on the front-end until an extension has a sufficient number of reviews, this means that it's impossible to flag reviews if an extension hasn't reached that threshold.

It would be nice if vendors could flag reviews from the vendor dashboard

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Streamline Refund Request flow

Currently we are seeing that roughly ~4/5 refund requests are routed directly to the Accounts team, and only ~1/5 sent to Vendors directly, who then forward the requests to the Marketplace team.

At the same time, roughly 1/3 refund requests we handle in our HelpDesk can be reverted -- in these cases the customer couldn't figure out how to use a feature, didn't realize it was there, or needed a small customization to make the extension work exactly as expected.

For Vendors who wish to go the extra mile to make users happy, I'd love to see a change in…

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Marketplace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Ability to assign Admin users for client accounts

I manage woocommerce.com accounts and plugins for multiple clients, and it is very difficult to log in and out of their accounts using the wordpress.com logins. It would be extremely helpful for clients to have the option to grant full administrator access to their accounts, so developers can manage them from one account. This would be similar to the collaborator option already in place, but with full admin access with the ability to purchase and renew plugins. Most business owners do not want to be bothered by logging in to woocmmerce.com and buying or renewing a plugin.

Many other websites…

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bookings - Booking periods can cross non-billable weekends, but will exclude billing of non-billable weekends

I wish to allow customers to book consultants for periods that include weekends but said weekends should be excluded from billing. For example, if a customer wishes to book a consultant from Monday, 1 March through to Friday, 12 March, the system currently responds that the dates are not available when I set global booking restrictions to permit weekdays only. Note that in this example, the start date should be 1 March and the end date should be 12 March, it should be permitted as a single block booking, but only the weekdays should be included in the booking (i.e.…

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Licensing / subscription for DEV / Staging env

There should a licensing mechanism for DEV / Staging enviornments for which user doesn't have to pay any cost. Only when user is ready to go for PROD environment, they should buy a new license.

I can see that such requirements are proposed by other users as well:
                                      http://ideas.woocommerce.com/forums/334428-woocommerce-com-ideas/suggestions/8269734-developer-program-for-woocommerce-extensions
                                      http://ideas.woocommerce.com/forums/334428-woocommerce-com-ideas/suggestions/5927678-set-license-keys-as-constant-in-wp-config-php

The implementation of this licensing system can be done such that if the current license is for DEV / Staging then while placing an order, replace customer info (such as billing/shipping address, customer contact details, customer notes etc) with random GUIDs. This way people will not be able to use…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make it possible to renew without signing up for future renewals and storing a card

I want to renew a soon-expiring add-on, this year. However, woocommerce.com only allows me to do this if I tick a box to always auto-renew in future, and leave a card number on file (via Stripe). Yes, I can later un-tick this box (I have no idea if I can remove the card number). This feels sleazy - why should i have to agree to renew again next year (even if I can later un-agree) before I am allowed to renew this year? Why should I have to leave payment details on-file for a future year, before I can make…

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to process credit cards in the admin.

I would like to be able to create an order for a customer in the admin - and enter their credit card information for the order. Also - if you add a new item to an existing order where the payment hasn't been captured - the ability to authorize/charge the customer for the new items or fees only - which all authorizations will be captured upon shipment.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce.com Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base