WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability for Customers with a subscription to update their credit card exp date and CVV

At the moment if you have a subscription, you can't delete the payment method - this means there is no way to update a credit card expiry date if the credit card number is not changing since the Woocommerce Bambora plugin only allows add and delete but no edit function for the saved credit cards. As a vendor I get no value for a customer having an expired credit card on the subscription - we now have to do these manually after multiple customer interactions

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automattically create renewal orders for subscriptions not paid past due date

With Subscriptions, renewal orders are created only once and if the customer does not pay, there is no way to create further renewal orders.

If the customer does not pay but does not cancel the subscription, the formal accounting requirements are that a new invoice needs to be generated every month until the sub is cancelled, even if it is not paid.
    Such customers are typically bad payers, so sending reminders does not produce the results we need, and if we want to follow up, we have to generate missing invoices manually.

It is a lot of manual work for…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically update tax rates on recurring invoices where VAT rate has changed since initial purchase

WooCommerce doesn't update VAT/tax rates on recurring invoices if the VAT rate has changed since the original purchase. VAT rate changes happen quite often (especially in EU countries) and the current set-up leaves sellers having to manually update individual subscriptions if there is a change of tax rate. This is borderline bug territory.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add functionality to handle annual subscription cancellations.

When offering an annual subscription you don't want the user to be able to cancel the subscription early, without claiming the remaining balance of that subscription. Otherwise, you'd essentially allow them to turn it into a month to month subscription, which is offered just at a higher monthly price point for the added flexibility.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Grouped variable subscriptions should be able to be adapted seperately

In woocomerce subscriptions, some subscriptions (with for examle the same price) are grouped together in the My Account page. As for grouped simple products, these can be changed seperately, but Grouped Variable products CANNOT BE CHANGED SEPERATELY. That is quite confusing and not workable for the customer. Please add this feature, thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Simple Stock Forecasting in Subscriptions

I do 4 different coffee subscription boxes. It would be awesome if there was one screen that quickly showed me: "next week you're going to need 17x Box A, 28x Box B, 12x Box C and 9x Box D".

I currently do this by viewing all upcoming subscriptions and using browser search to highlight "Box A" etc. but looking at the existing upcoming subscription renewal revenue forecast and breakdown by subscription product modules which would just need to be merged, I feel it should be reasonably easy to implement for you and should be very useful for a lot of…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability for the subscription plugin to check the membership associated at renewal

Currently the subscription plugin can grant the customer the membership[ associated with the subscription product at initial purchase. It would be very helpful to have the renewals check the product again and grant the customer the membership associated at that time. For example a customer buys in January and gets the January membership. I change the membership associated with the product in February to the February membership. Then when the customers renewal processes it adds the customer to the February membership automatically. In this way, the customer always gets access to the months for which he has paid.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option that enables file download for active subscribers

Right now for virtual goods, downloadable file we have option to qdd files. All files added are visible to new subsribers.

Idea is to enable option that only active subsribers see new files, and every new subsriber cant see past files.

That way we can drip content over email, and for example have bundle of all files on the end of the year as one product.

Its logical if we have pdf reports, magaxines etc that people should see only versions for which they subsribed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. WooCommerce Cart and Checkout Blocks Integration with WooCommerce Subscriptions

Woo Commerce Blocks checkout is much nicer than regular shortcode would be nice if it would work with woocommerce subscriptions

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Subscription "Move to Trash" Link Needs Moved or Changed

It is too easy to delete a subscription with no confirmation pop up when you click the "Move to Trash" link on the edit subscription page. Please consider moving it to the drop down list just above it and have a pop up confirmation. Background: when I clicked the link by accident, it immediately deleted the subscription. Even though I clicked "Undo", it would not allow me to activate it again so I had to set it up again manually. I would appreciate it if you could add a protection against this. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Use store credit before charging the card

There should be an option that says "If store credit is found, use that store credit before charging the payment method on file." If there's a store credit or gift card balance that is equal or greater than the potential recurring charge, then that balance should be charged before the card on file is charged. This would allow some enterprise use of subscriptions (an enterprise could purchase store credit and use the gifting plugin to have a bunch of employee subscriptions go through the payment vector one time instead of each time).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. subscriptions - late fees

It would be super useful to be able to set late fees. This is especially for those of us that use it for property/equipment rentals. but this would be useful for many different products/services that need to be paid on time or have a consequence.

Example: A % or $ fee is automatically added to the recurring order if order is not paid within 10 days from its creation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. WooCommerce Subscriptions charge on specific dates

It would be ideal if we could set subscriptions to be billed on specific dates. This would allow us to setup a true quarterly subscription rather than having customers billed on any of twelve dates throughout the year, depending on when in the cycle they sign up.

For example, let's say the billing dates for a seasonal subscription are March 1st, June 1st, September 1st and December 1st to align to the change of the seasons.

A customer that subscribes on January 8th should be charged for their first renewal on March 1st. We could then optionally charge an initial…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. LTV

Please add a way to see LTV (customer lifetime value) for my subscriptions. I believe it's currently only available through Meteorik. It's the most important KPI for subscriptions so should definitely be on there as standard.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Force switching of grouped subscriptions when Switching is enabled for groups

You can enable "Switching Between Grouped Subscriptions" but there is no option to make sure people actually switch - allowing users to accidently buy both options, instead of switch between them.

When enabling 'allow switching', add an option to say 'force switching', so they don't end up buying both by accident!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add ability for customers to apply limited subscription payment coupons

It would be awesome if I could give customers a coupon code for a limited subscription payment coupon and then they could apply the coupon themselves from their account screen. Currently it can only be done from the backend.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change "Last Order Date" on the Administration page to show last successful order, not a failed order

When a subscription order has failed, the subscriptions administration page shows the date of the failed subscription as the Last Order Date, and includes the failed order in the Number of Orders. This is misleading.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Subscription renewal on 1st of next month of purchase

It would be great if we could customize the yearly subscription renewal to the 1st of the next month of purchase. This way we would only have one day in per month where renewals would be made. Much easier to handle that way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Toggle Switch for Staging Mode

Enable toggle switch for staging mode as some server staging setups not being recognised.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add refundable security deposits

In WC Subscriptions there's no option to add a refundable security deposit. Doing some research I see quite a few people looking for this and I really need it myself.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base