WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We would like the ability to charge full price for the first month and then they get the discount on subsequent months

We would like the ability to require a customer to sign up for a minimum of 3 months

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Subscription Discount every 6th month?

Hi, I am running WooCommerce Subscription. And for every 6th order (one per month) for a client, I would like to discount their order with 100% Automatically so that it does not go through the payment gateway.

Possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add refundable security deposits

In WC Subscriptions there's no option to add a refundable security deposit. Doing some research I see quite a few people looking for this and I really need it myself.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Subscription renewal on 1st of next month of purchase

It would be great if we could customize the yearly subscription renewal to the 1st of the next month of purchase. This way we would only have one day in per month where renewals would be made. Much easier to handle that way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change "Last Order Date" on the Administration page to show last successful order, not a failed order

When a subscription order has failed, the subscriptions administration page shows the date of the failed subscription as the Last Order Date, and includes the failed order in the Number of Orders. This is misleading.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. subscriptions - late fees

It would be super useful to be able to set late fees. This is especially for those of us that use it for property/equipment rentals. but this would be useful for many different products/services that need to be paid on time or have a consequence.

Example: A % or $ fee is automatically added to the recurring order if order is not paid within 10 days from its creation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Subscription "Move to Trash" Link Needs Moved or Changed

It is too easy to delete a subscription with no confirmation pop up when you click the "Move to Trash" link on the edit subscription page. Please consider moving it to the drop down list just above it and have a pop up confirmation. Background: when I clicked the link by accident, it immediately deleted the subscription. Even though I clicked "Undo", it would not allow me to activate it again so I had to set it up again manually. I would appreciate it if you could add a protection against this. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option that enables file download for active subscribers

Right now for virtual goods, downloadable file we have option to qdd files. All files added are visible to new subsribers.

Idea is to enable option that only active subsribers see new files, and every new subsriber cant see past files.

That way we can drip content over email, and for example have bundle of all files on the end of the year as one product.

Its logical if we have pdf reports, magaxines etc that people should see only versions for which they subsribed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability for the subscription plugin to check the membership associated at renewal

Currently the subscription plugin can grant the customer the membership[ associated with the subscription product at initial purchase. It would be very helpful to have the renewals check the product again and grant the customer the membership associated at that time. For example a customer buys in January and gets the January membership. I change the membership associated with the product in February to the February membership. Then when the customers renewal processes it adds the customer to the February membership automatically. In this way, the customer always gets access to the months for which he has paid.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Grouped variable subscriptions should be able to be adapted seperately

In woocomerce subscriptions, some subscriptions (with for examle the same price) are grouped together in the My Account page. As for grouped simple products, these can be changed seperately, but Grouped Variable products CANNOT BE CHANGED SEPERATELY. That is quite confusing and not workable for the customer. Please add this feature, thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automatically update tax rates on recurring invoices where VAT rate has changed since initial purchase

WooCommerce doesn't update VAT/tax rates on recurring invoices if the VAT rate has changed since the original purchase. VAT rate changes happen quite often (especially in EU countries) and the current set-up leaves sellers having to manually update individual subscriptions if there is a change of tax rate. This is borderline bug territory.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability for Customers with a subscription to update their credit card exp date and CVV

At the moment if you have a subscription, you can't delete the payment method - this means there is no way to update a credit card expiry date if the credit card number is not changing since the Woocommerce Bambora plugin only allows add and delete but no edit function for the saved credit cards. As a vendor I get no value for a customer having an expired credit card on the subscription - we now have to do these manually after multiple customer interactions

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add attribute to product to exclude from Grouping Subscriptions for Multiple Subscription transaction

As per this page, https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/subscriptions/multiple-subscriptions/, "the method chosen to make it possible to purchase different subscription products was to group each subscription product with an equivalent billing schedule into the one subscription."

"it will group subscriptions based on each product’s:

• billing interval and period, to make sure the billing schedule for all products is honoured.

• subscription length, to make sure the end date can be set correct for each subscription product.

• first renewal date, to account for products with a free trial or synchronised renewal date."

We have subscription products that meet those conditions that we would NOT like…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow customer to specify subscription length when signing up, to auto cancel after that time period

I know you can set up subscriptions to have a certain length, but it would be nice to have open-ended subscriptions but have a way for the user, when signing up, to specify they would like it to cancel after xx months/renewals. That way you give them the flexibility up front and don't have to create a bunch of separate subscription products with canned intervals.

I do realize that many wouldn't want or use this option, as you want the customer to just keep renewing, but there are use cases where this customer friendly up-front option may prove more customer-centric.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Membership Function: User Reviews

Membership Function: Recurring & One-time Billing. User Reviews – Allow users to rate & review each other using a 5-star rate/review system. Reward Points earned to members who post comment etc activities

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Filter to determine if renewal order should be generated

I would like a bool filter to be able to override if a renewal order is generated/prepared.

Ideally it would come at the very beginning of WCSubscriptionsManager::prepare_renewal(), such as:

public static function preparerenewal( $subscriptionid ) {

if ( ! apply_filters( 'prepare_renewal', true, $subscription_id ) ) return null;

}

I have found a way to do this already, but it is not as clean or maintainable as it would be if there were a filter.

Thanks for the consideration

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Recurring discount that is not a coupon

Would be nice to have the ability to add a recurring discount that is not a coupon code.
    The discount is applied in the background and will be added to the cart the same way a recurring fee is added.
    The up side of such a discount is that it doesn't require generating a coupon code, which many times leaks and gets exploited.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Modifications to Subscriptions When Reactivating from Hold Status

Right now, when a subscription is on hold, there are no additional steps allowed/required when reactivating. I would like to provide a coupon code incentive to subscribers on hold to reactivate (e.g. "Reactivate your subscription and take an additional 20% off") This would require the insertion of a coupon form field in the subscription status page. Right now there is no way for a subscriber to do things like add a coupon or even modify shipping methods. I think this would be amazingly beneficial to most stores that use subscriptions...if we can get those on-hold accounts to convert to active,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. make subscription switching easier

Currently changing a subscription is cumbersome to say the least. Four to five page click-throughs is unwieldy. Changing a subscription IMHO should only trigger a checkout process if money is owed. We have a monthly product subscription where customers frequently want to change their product variation. Having to do a complete checkout in this context is CRAZY. Horrible UX. Ideal scenario would be offering a method to simply select the variation right within the account section.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add a body class when in switch subscription mode

We think the checkout process for changing subscriptions is super cumbersome*. Something that would make it easier to customize would be adding a body class like "switch-sub" so we could target specific elements, to hide what isn't relevant. (The class could also be applied to the same line where the product ID is written.)

*The whole checkout process doesn't apply in our context where most customers need to simply change a product variation to be shipped monthly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base