WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Product add-ons should change weight of product

When you have product add-ons with an appreciable amount of weight relative to the base product, the total weight of the product that is added to the cart should be adjusted to reflect the additional add-on. If I sell a picture that weighs 2 pounds, and a product add-on, e..g, a picture frame, that weighs 1 pound, then the the picture and frame combo added to the cart should weigh 3 pounds for purposes of shipping.

The FedEx Extension just pulls in rates for the original product without consideration to the add-ons. Also, the Invoice and Packing List Extension generates…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Show product addons seperatly in basket as was before

In previous versions of product-addons, the addons were shown seperatly within the shopping cart.

This has been changed in 3.0.8 however it's much more userfriendly to show them seperatly.

The issue which was resolved regarding the shopping cart total count should be fixed in another way. It should only count products and their quantitys and should exclude the addon counts.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Filter to show all orders that have product add-ons

Need an easy way to filter bulk orders to show which ones have add-ons.
    Ability to report and export this data would be great too.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Product Add-On: Set all user uploaded files to auto purge (trash) so it stops clogging up our server.

Currently have to FTP to do this which is really not intuitive. The add on that allows users to upload art files for example, over the year builds up and causes a massive database to be store which in turn causes a very high hosting bill and backup need. We should be able to set the purge date to say every 30 days, 90 days, or 1 year so it just cleans it all out automatically (if possible). Also, there is no way for the user to see what file they uploaded once uploaded -- should stay in their file…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Get the output from Product Addons plugin included in the WooCommerce Rest api

I'm using the WooCommerce api to use WooCommerce as the back end for a mobile app.

Works great!

But, extra product options from the product addons plugin are not served via the WooCommerce api, and so... they don't show up in the app.

This is a real shame.

Please consider putting the product addons output into the WooCommerce api.

I think that really would make product addons the only plugin to consider for, well... product addons. :)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Woocommerce Product add-on for variation

Would love to apply specific add-on for a specific variation of variable product.
    Product A > Variation 1 (priceA) option 1=X€
    Product A > Variation 2 (priceB) option 1=XX€
    If any idea?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Product builder / live preview

Hi there,

I have had a few clients who are after some functionality like the below:

https://www.fabness.com.au/home-decor/glassware/premium-beer-glasses/dad-premium-beer-glass.html

This would be some sort of product builder / live preview plugin that would be simple to use, without all the added complications of something like the below:

http://fancyproductdesigner.com/

This could even be added as a part of the existing Product Add-ons plugin. Frankly, I am quite surprised nothing like this is currently available on WooCommerce.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the ability to have pricing change with Variable Product Subscription Pricing for (Monthly or Yearly) and Display $ price instead of %

Add the ability to have Add-on Product pricing change when a Subscription Product has Variable Pricing (Monthly or Yearly Pricing), and Display as (+$45/month) or ($540/year), instead of having to set up each Product Add-on as (%) Percentage based pricing and display as (+10%) in order to properly work with Variable Product Subscription Pricing (Monthly or Yearly).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Charge based on character length

For personalized gifts, there are situations where it would be great to charge based on the length of a phrase (or sentence). In my case, we sell custom custard tards (a very typical portuguese cake).

For example, if the customer types "MARIA" on the product add-on, there would be counted 5 characters. If the price per character is 1€, the final price would be 5€

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Product Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Product Add on's Price added to Checkout Payment/Deposit e.g Deposit = $300 and Product add on = $194 Total to be Charged = $494

Hi There,

We have an idea that you may have come across previously but at present we have not found a solution so far.

So we are using Woo Commerce Product Add-ons which is great as it lets us add the correct amount of additional product add ons to our products.

However we also have our main products set up on deposit basis of $300 per person and any additional product add-ons such as insurance etc are not being added to the intial deposit.

Our idea would be to allow for when are clients are paying the intial deposit that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Apply global addons to tags

If you need more flexibility to control all your global addons it would be very useful to apply your global addons to tags too. So you can control one global addon that belongs to several products belonging to diferent categories

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Product Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hello, i want to know if this possible to atribute the product variations to product categories.

Hello, i want to know if this possible to atribute the product variations to product categories.
    Example:
    I have a T-shirt with variations Blue and size M. I only want to show the variation Blue in hoodies page and t-shirts page.
    This is possible?
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add image to individual options

Have the option to add an image to other product types, for example Checkbox, each option has an image. This will allow the customers to see what they are adding to their product before purchasing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow any term within any taxonomy associated with Products, for global add-ons

Instead of limiting global "Add-ons" to a certain product category, I'd like to see the ability to limit them to specific terms within custom taxonomies too. I.e. I could assign them to a taxonomy->term solely used for this purpose, instead of having to product categories, as I never want an add-on on ALL products within the same category. Rather, I want it on specific products. I can then add certain products to said taxonomy->term programmatically.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Wrap WooCommerce Product Add-Ons Block in its own div

Thanks for this great product! I would like to request a simple bit of code that can help me. I am surprised this does not exist like this to begin with! I would like the WooCommerce product add-ons block to be wrapped in its own div so I could target that div with CSS.

I came into this issue when a customer asked for text to appear before the add-ons block began, but there is no hook for this particular area, so I needed to use two pseudo elements to make a header (The :after) and the description (The :before)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Easy method to remove the 20 character expert from text fields.

Easy method to remove the 20 character expert. Unless there is a function for developers to use in their themes, a button or setting could solve the issue.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add options in bulk with pipe character

At the moment we need to click the Add Option button to add one option at the time but this is time consuming.

Can we we have a way to add options in bulk with a "| "between them, same as custom attributes?
    There is a free plugin called Extra Product Options that has that and it's a time saver.
    Example: Option 1|Option 2|Option 3|etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow combinations of both a fixed price and a quantity-based price

Currently it is only possible to either set the price to be a Flat Fee or Quantity Based.
    It should be possible to combine them, e.g. an option has a base price of 10€, but increasing the product quantity only increases the option price by 2€.

Example formula: (quantity * 2€) + 10€

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In Product add ons allow sort by alphabetically or drag and drop ordering

In the Product add ons plugin the default order in a select box is the order of entry of the items. It would be very useful to reorder the output either by allowing ordering options or drag and drop of new items added in the back end.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multistore product managing

I would like to manage the products of multiple woocommerce stores and domains from one place.

I know there its a multistore option (woomultistore.com) but it's poorly supported and not official.

There is also mrinvent (https://www.mrinvent.online/) but storing my product data on someone elses servers is not a risk I wish to take.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base