WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to add tags and/or categories to variations

There is a plugin that allows you to have your variations either show on the main shop page or within filter results, etc.

It would be really nice to have a way to tag variations with their unique features so that they properly show up on a users filter requests. Example, if I have a t-shirt that is available in Red, Green or Blue and I'm displaying all of my variations on the shop page and the user filters by Red, currently all three variation options would still be shown, but it would be preferred to show only the Red…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filter Analytics for Free VS Paid products / downloads

I sell digital products with many free items available. I would love to be able to filter paid vs free orders / downloads in the Woo Analytics panel.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change the design of the dropdown arrow that expands the sub items in the Main Menu of the Mobile Version of the storefront theme Galleria.

Change the design of the dropdown arrow that expands the sub items in the Main Menu of the Mobile Version of the storefront theme Galleria. It is more specifically the box around the arrow that looks really unpleasing, if it were just the small arrow without the box around it, it would look much better.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add permalinks in import

Export and import of all fields should be equal. Please make import of permalinks and SEO data like Meta descriptions part of the import so they actually match the export file

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Facebook for WooCommerce - External/Affiliate Product Sync

This is actually for the Facebook for WooCommerce extension. I would like to see the feature added to the extension where we can sync external/affiliate products to Facebook.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Report sales by location (city or zip code)

None of the Woocommerce reports available (including Analytics>Taxes) help with Sales Tax reporting. To report US state Sales Tax, you need to know the total sales to that City/Zip Code, and you report that, and the State calculates how much you owe based on the municipality/zip code (you do not report how much sales tax you collected). The Taxes report currently does not show the total sales for that tax code. It would be extremely helpful to add this column in the report so businesses could more easily report their sales tax every quarter.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There needs to be a capability to fulfill orders without allowing view/change to WooCommerce settings

To fulfill orders from my store, I'm using a 3rd party for whom I created a new role of "order-manager" . I gave this role the capability to view everything related to orders, including "view dashboard". However, this does not allow the (new) order-manager role to choose shipping rates. The only way I found to allow this role the ability to choose shipping rates is to give it the capability to "manage WooCommerce". Alas, this capability allows the (new) role order-manager to view AND CHANGE all WooCommerce settings! A 3PL that fulfills orders need to choose the shipping rates, but…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add product selection to a category in wordpress

Simply put, its about adding a selection of products to a category in Wordpress with one click.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make Product link in Order Confirmation email optional

The Order Confirmation email Product column always includes a hyperlink to the product. For Downloadable products, this creates confusion for customers who click the product link while trying to download their content. It would be better to either not have this at all or to have the option to disable it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Affiliate Product "Pay" URL link to open a new browser window

When you specify a product to be an Affiliate Product I like the option for the "Pay" URL link button to open a new browser window so that a customer still stays for other products on our web-site. Right now when you click on the Pay link it leaves your web-site and goes/stays on the affiliate web-site.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to sell access to individual Posts/Pages

It would be mega amazing to have the option to sell access to individual posts/pages and then be able to list out all the customers "purchased" content in their account tab.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Great job on themes and woocommerce and I enjoy it but waste time with coding buttons for a business plans and premium theme.

Great job on themes and woocommerce and I enjoy it but waste time with coding buttons for business plans and premium themes.

I enjoy how we can make it look and so on and thank goodness for support because there isnt any way to make buttons in catogaries or basket and so on with out adding css and it really takes time.

Often feels like there are just problems with various things sometimes, which I experianced with this site and it is business and premium theme and not sure if the button thing is a wordpress thing or what but…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Coupons for Brands

So right now with woocommerce, to offer free shipping for on specific brand you need to add all those products to a category. Then add that category to the coupon usage restrictions. This is a lot of steps and the more steps there are the more room for error there is. So my idea is to add Brand/Manufacturers to the coupon usage restrictions.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Login successful notice after logging im

Storefront theme nor by default woocommerce shows a 'success' notice before accepting the entered credentials.

It would be nice to have that.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. WooCommerce Shortcode with Short Product Description

From displaying a single product, to a full category, and even showing Order Tracking, current Woocommerce shortcodes can display all these on pages other than the shop page.

The shortcodes should also output in addition short product description limited to 25-30 words. The word count can be set by the shop owner. I hope one of the shortcodes can be revised to include this. This new shortcode or upgraded one will output the product image, product title, short description, customisable button: Add to Cart or View More or More Detail.

Please Auttomatic

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Revert the orders page to a functional previous version

Can we revert the changes to the orders listing page that completely destroyed it? It no longer works at all. I am unable to filter, change the number of orders listed, show the payment method... all the useful stuff is gone and you now have a bunch of useless stuff there.

I know you wont fix it, as the trend for woocommerce is circling the UI design toilet. I say Code first. Function over form. Always. Woocommerce has dropped the ball, trying to be an apple store to bilk extension developers of their money. And all the while forgot to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Category placeholder images

I would like to assign a product image placeholder to a category. Then any product without an image would display a placeholder image from the nearest category or parent category.

This would be particularly useful where many products and categories are imported from a POS system. Assigning thousands of product images may be prohibitive, but assigning placeholders to categories would allow for enough to get up and running.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Save Multiple Addresses on Checkout Page (Address 1, 2, 3 etc for Invoice or Delivery)

Customers need more saved addresses: address 1, 2, 3 etc for invoice or delivery:
    - Save multiple Addresses directly on Checkout page.
    - Display complete address (do not cut/limit characters), Email and Phone number.
    - Edit saved addresses on checkout page.
    - Add new address.

It keeps customers on Checkout page. If customers leave and go to My Account, they do not always return to place the order.
    Customers can be lost.
    If there is needed to add/ edit/ display full address (email, phone etc), it should happen on both Checkout and My Account.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. adding a shortcode that someone can add on any page just the new account registration form.

Am amazed that there is not a shortcode to add just the new account registration on any page someone wants. its great if someone is advertising and wants to create a landing page with just the new registration form.

So simple to do you guys.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to Archive Retired Products

On the backend of my store's product page, I should have the ability to archive discontinued products so that they don't live in the main product feed, in the same way that you can archive an email after you've dealt with it.

This way, store managers still retain product and sales data, products remain searchable, and they can easily be duplicated for new or similar products, etc. and the product page remains a list of active products.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base