WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add filter for endpoint page titles

I'd like to change Thank you -page title and was surprised it is not in the template file nor has a filter to change it.

I can manipulate thetitle filters to achieve the title change, but the WCQuery::getendpointtitle() could have a filter to ease up things.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Coupon exclusion on product

Instead of exclusion option on coupon section, include an exclusion option on products itself. To take it further it would be awesome if that could be attached to a scheduled sale so you could make an item 60% off but exclude any coupons being used on just that product.

My Scenario:
    I want to run a weekly super discounted price on a product for 24 hours but I don't want coupons to apply to just that one product when it's on sale. I know I could add that product to the coupon code as an exclusion but that's a lot…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding Download Button for discount 100%

adding directly "download" button , for downloadable products with a discount of 100 % , without going through the checkout.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Attributes for variations

Add unique attributes to variations. I do not mean using an attribute as a product variation. However, I mean adding product details as attributes attached to each individual variation.

Example:
    Attribute for variation = Edition

Gold edition attributes:
    Date Available - 03/03/2030
    Number of tracks - 20

Platnum edition attributes:
    Date Available - 03/30/2030
    Number of tracks - 27
    Extras - Fan book with artist bios

When a variation is selected, the variation specific attributes can then be displayed under additional information.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Store-wide Recurring Payment Day

It would be nice to have the option for a store-wide recurring payment day. It would save so much time, and eliminate the potential of missing one of the subscription variations products having a set recurring payment day. And/or a product recurring payment option for the variable subscriptions. So that you just change the day in the actual settings for the product, as opposed to each individual variation.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to set a download limit per certain period of time for digital products

Ability to set a download limit per certain period of time for digital products. Example: allow 10 downloads per day across all product for certain membership access

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enables filter for layered nav dropdown default text

Make the layered nav dropdown default text editable via a filter. At the moment there is a line like this:

echo '<option value="">' . sprintf( ( 'Any %s', 'woocommerce' ), wcattributelabel( $taxonomy ) ) . '</option>';

The problem is that this default text is translated pretty bad.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hooked title in the content-product.php template

The Product Archive template, content-product.php, hardcodes in the product title like so:

<h3><?php the_title(); ?></h3> (https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/blob/master/templates/content-product.php#L61)

I find it's typically best to stick to the core templates for ease of upgrades, but this one little restriction has required me to override content-product.php in the theme numerous times. Often I'm just adding a class or changing it to an h2 or whatnot.

I think there are two sensible and low-friction solutions here.

A good solution would be a to put the title into a new function which is then called by a new woocommerceshoploopitemtitle action.…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Cross Sells for Individual Variable Products

Allow Cross Sells for Individual Variable Products. At this time - we are only allowed cross selling for the main product for all variations. Would be cool to be able to cross sell for different variable products.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Addition of template system when adding products

Is there a way you can add template system to products add.
    What I mean is that when adding a new product some fields are auto-populated based on setting of the template so that there is consistency and less work when adding products. It can be just like preinstalled templates in softwares like excel where framework is already present and only some details are required.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Report shipping to PayPal as shipping

On PayPal standard transactions, WooCommerce tells PayPal that shipping costs were $0.00 and lists shipping as a purchased item. We would like to see WooCommerce report the shipping cost to PayPal as the shipping cost.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Plugin subscription annual pricing for developers

Would be nice if there was an annual price developers could pay for access to all WC plugins. I can understand the per plugin pricing for one-time retail users but there needs to be a pricing model for us designers/developers that repeatedly use your products.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. require file attachment for downloadable products

We're using a multi-vendor extension and would like to require any product market as DOWNLOADABLE to require at least one file attachment before it can be submitted.

Seems like this should be the default validation rule, no? I'm trying to think of a use case where you would want a downloadable product without a downloadable file to be pushed live...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. «Buy now»-button

Just add one more button in a product page AND in a shop page. All plugins add just to product page or change «Add to cart»-button.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add FEET as an additional dimensions unit

Hi,

I installed your WooCommerce plugin and started setting it up, but I was shocked to note that "Feet" wasn't present among the selection of dimension units available to choose from!

You have included Inches and Yards imperial units, but not Feet (which are equally vital).

I'll be very grateful if you can resolve this ommission as soon as possible, as it seems ridiculous to have to find a workaround for what should be an obvious core feature.

Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Separate registration page

Simply the ability to have a separate registration page, not one which is attached to the login form (or a shortcode so you can place the form anywhere).

Scenario: I want to hide the registration form but want it to be accessible by a select few via a different URL. Users should be able to login as normal via the 'My Account' page.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Use FIFO (First in, first out) and cash basis method for keeping track of cost of goods.

The current method of cost of goods in Woocommerce is not properly done. In fact, it's completely useless.

When you operate with inventory, you constantly buy products wholesale at different prices. For example, we may buy 1,000 cups in january at $5 a piece and the next month 1,000 cups at $6 a piece. How exactly would one go about getting woo commerce calculating the average cost of goods?

Sure, you can re-calculate the average cost yourself and enter in the new COG on the product page, but it will update all previous sales as well with this new COG.…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make selection of state bring up listing of states starting with same letter as entered or by 2 letter state code

When completing orders in WooCommerce the state selection ought to go to the correct listing of states when you type the first letter - it doesn't. You cannot just then select it from a list starting with the same letter. You cannot even type the state abbreviation - you must type in the whole state address or scroll all the way to the listing of your state. Can you not fix this so it operates like most other shopping carts?
    Attachment(s)
    StateOddityScreenShot.png

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give users access to reports for certain products.

We allow people to list products on our store on a comission basis. We would like to give them access to reports on selected products that we are listing for them. It would be nice for this to be avaliable on their account page however the backend would work fine.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Print shipping label should be core functions

Print shipping label should be core functions..

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base