WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Image Titles not displaying when the user hovers over an image

You recently added the image alt text tag content into the code of a product image and that is great (for those optimising -SEO- their pages and images).

I noticed that the image title tag is not being used in products' (main and thumbnails) images. This would display the title when the user hovers over an image or a thumbnail. It also helps deaf people if they have the appropriate software.

How about including it in your code in the next update please?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bulk edit/reset tax class for variations.

I am creating variations by Create variations from all attributes. And now I discovered that all my products have tax class set to standard, so i have to go manuli in each variation end reset it to "Same as parent" since there is no bulk option for that. Would be nice to add option to reset it to "same as parent" in batch.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Digital Product Download Log

It would be great to see the download history of digital product downloads including the date/time and IP address. This would be incredibly helpful when fighting payment disputes with payment providers.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow changing the MaxMind's default location

MaxMind database is usually shared by a number of plug ins / services, thus it would be valuable to have only one copy of the database file on the server.

Would it be possible to change the default location?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Order date should affect expiry date for digital downloads

Woocommerce order date don't affects didtal downloadable product expiry date, but it should. If I would get payments 5 days after order is triggered the expiry date will be shorter by 5 days. If Woocommerce give possibility to adjust order date its some kind of bug or it should be locked not to confuse. It should Influence expiry date.
    Manually updating the expiry date in every order and every 30 files for each order would be too much work (30 items to change the date in every new order).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Limit shipping address but not billing address

I need to permit shipping to only 2 states while permitting ordering from all. If I remove states from the shipping dropdown it also removes them from the billing dropdown, which is undesirable.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. WooCommerce - own Number range for counting orders

Hi,
    it would be usefull if the woocommerce-core does use an own number-range for counting orders! actually it is using the postid from the table wpposts, which leads to an incontinuous numbering in the orders.
    (and this leads to questions of the tax-controller... which is ugly and unnecessary!...
    please impliment this own number-range for counting the orders asap!
    thanks for your wonderfull work!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Really customizable and responsible header

Storefront is the default and purpose built theme for woocommerce, but even with the paid plugin Storefront powerpack, the header, footer and layout possibilities are very limited. For instance, the cart on mobile is only available in the footer. Also having both the logo and the tagline visible at the same time is not possible in Storefront. With a plugin like Elementor the page can be designed beutifully, but the header and footer can mess up the look and usibility.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improvement of Downloadable Product File Changes

When changing/adding downloadable files to products there were changes from v2 to v3, but there are still many scenarios which are not covered.

I would suggest the following changes to the UI:

Existing files - keep, delete or edit

New files - have the option to:

a) Be available to new orders only

b) Be available to all past orders as well (when adding new software revisions for example while keeping old ones available for download)
    c) Be available to all past orders after/including a certain date (when upgrading software to a new major version and giving access to people
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Include shipping cost in net sales report

Many (most?) vendors charge more for shipping than the actual shipping cost. Shipping thereby becomes a product among many, with a "production cost" (the actual shipping fee) and a retail price. Or in plain English: We make money from shipping! I therefore think that shipping sales should be included in net sales in the reporting function, or at least offer that as an option. Only taxes should be excluded from net sales.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Save a search / search alerts

Let the user save their search query and receive an email when new items match the search query. Similar to eBay's saved search. This goes beyond a wishlist as that requires the user to add a particular product. Saved search is completely flexible in that it allows the user to specify the text to search the product inventory by. I couldn't find a plugin that does this - but if there is one, please let me know.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Do not display products that are in a group at shop page

I assume this may already exist. I cannot find the way to set it up. I have products group in my shop page. The products included in this group are still displayed separately at the shop page. If a product belongs to a group, I don't need it to be displayed at my shop page anymore. Is there a way to set this up already?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. europe

Hey there,
    I am managing a couple of webshops using woocommerce. all based in the Netherlands and all only shipping/selling within the Eurpean Union. Under settings I need to select 24 countries every time to include the whole of the european union. Isn't there a faster way? Either through importing the same list every time or selecting the Europea Union as a region. Now I need to search and select, which is time consuming.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. REST API: Allow More Than One Status For Orders Endpoint

With the current version of the WooCommerce REST API (v2), it looks like the Orders endpoint only allows a string to limit the status fo the order.

It would be nice if it was possible to limit the orders returned to more than one status, perhaps by making status an array.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Default should be "My shipping address is the same as my billing address"

The should be an option that says "My shipping address is the same as my billing address" (at Checkout) and it should be checked by default and contracted, like most other websites.

Online shoppers are used to Checkout pages with this very common settings. WooCommerce's default is confusing and creates more problems than if it stuck to the norm. Check Amazon, check Walmart, check the biggest retailers, they all have "My shipping address is the same as my billing address" at Checkout.

It speeds things up, creates no confusion. Better user experience, more sales.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 'Show password' button in sign up form

Woocommerce doesn't have "Password confirm" button in sign up form, so I think for best user expierence should be add "Show password" button near Password field.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Woocommerce js and CSS removed from excluding woocommerce pages.

Woocommerce js and CSS remove from excluding woocommerce pages, for example I use woocommerce for shop page only and I have other 15 page where I am not use woocommerce but it js and CSS added in header so any hooks can you implementing where woocommerce is not use then js and CSS not added in this page.like contact form 7 is provided where form is not added then js and css not added, it's provide a one hook. Because this is major draw back for website page speed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Put Woocommerce Helper menu item in the Woocommerce dropdown (not dashboard dropdown)

It doesn't make sense to people who are new to Woocommerce to have the Helper link under the Dashboard dropdown in admin - this is one of the last places I'd look. There would be more context if it was put in the Woocommerce dropdown menu.

I was told the reason is that "not all of our plugins are in the WooCommerce dropdown, like Follow Up Emails"

But it still makes more sense to put it in the Wocommerce dropdown.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Set Variations with Value:Label

It would be great if when setting variations you couldn't just set the Label text and have it automatically be the Value as well. It would be great to be able to do something like Value:Label | Value:Label so that the actual value sent didn't have to be what you set the label to.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. woocommerce checkout field of type date

On the accepted field types on the checkout form, accept type 'date' and time

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base