WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Product image not required

Right now, we have to add code to the function.php file to hide product images. Why not make it the default behavior that if there is an image uploaded, show the image. If not, show no image and slide the title, description, etc. over to the left where the image would be. That would be so much better than the image slug.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. layered navigation hide out of stock items

When people use the layered navigation plugins that are available they dont want to know if you make a product in their size they want to know if you HAVE a product in that size! :) If it could only show items that are still in stock the world would be a better place!

I noticed that the layered nav widget uses the attributes values to function.
    This works fine for most products. However, for variable products, shouldn't it use the variations values data instead to show what's available?
    In a test I did, I edited a variable product, and…

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  19 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Paid / No Paid Status

It would be great to have a separate status which shows whether the order has been paid or not. There are companies that process the order despite the payment not being made, and then credited later (usually after 30 days). I believe this should be part of the WooCommerce core as it is essential for any user.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enhance Sales by Month Report

Make "Sales by month" just like "Sales by day" where you can pick the dates. Just change it to years. Example: 2011-2013 and show each month in that yearly time frame.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sales by State feature in Reports

Incorporating a Sales by State feature in the reports so we can use it fill out our Monthly Sales Tax Returns.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. auto select free shipping at cart when "minimum order amount" met

Not sure if its me being a newbie and can't find the "right" settings"! But when you create a free shipping option for a minimum order amount it would be great if the "free shipping" was auto selected at the cart, rather than going to the default setting for shipping.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Responsive Admin Columns

On a smartphone, the order listing is so narrow it's not easy to use. The columns are so narrow, the text becomes vertical. FooTable (http://themergency.com/footable/) might work to make the orders more usable on a mobile device.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. give us back "sort by inventory" in the products page

Since the upgrade to 2.0, we have lost the ability to sort by product inventory level in the product admin screen. for myself, this is a vital and basic feature that is no longer available. we were able to sort by stock levels, set those higher stocked products as featured, import our CSV inventory feed from our distributor and sort again by stock levels to see what has changed, move ALL out of stock products to pending at the same time, etc.

Even with the inventory extension offered for an extra $29, you can not do these basic functions for…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Single product cart price netto/brutto,incl.VAT&excl.VAT

Hi there, knows anybody how to makethe settings to view the price netto/brutto,incl.VAT&excl.VAT on single product cart??

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow users to disable only button css and keep layout css (Minimal)

Within the admin you can select color themes. Additionally you can disable styles completely. It would be great to have an option to be able to disable all buttons styles for example and keep all css related to the layout of the page. Because of the generic nature of the class names (.button) the woocommerce themes are overiding the styling of sites we have already built

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Grouped Products to included Variable Products

Please can Grouped Products include "Variable Products"??? There are very many instances where a group of products could have individual variables - a fashion outfit for example could be purchased as a group (shirt, pants, tie) but would need to allow for selecting sizes for each. So just one variation per item would do the trick!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Coupon Description & Auto Add Feature

Two ideas regarding the coupon system

1. Add a description field to coupons which would also display when the coupon is applied in the cart so people can see what it is they're recieving

2. Add a feature where a coupon gives you a free product which automatically gets added to the cart when the coupon is applied

I only ask for these features because I'm not able to add them in and haven't been able to find anyone who can add them in without editing core files!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create global attribute taxonomies from product edit screens

It would be nice if you could create global attribute sets from product edit screens.

For example, when you click on the attributes tab, and click add, there could be a check box or option to add it as a global attribute set.

Further, it would be nice if you could force all attribute sets added on product edit screens to be added as global attribute sets. So if clients are not savvy, you can choose that setting as an administrator.

The Value|Value|Value method of adding values can seem very crude and hard to grasp for some users, where as…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. AJAX Updating on post edit screens

It would be nice the product data tabs would communicate and update each other automatically without having to save the post and reload the edit screen.

For example, if you add an attribute set to to a product, or add an attribute value, you have to save the product before it is available in the variations tab.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Action hooks on product data tabs.

It would be nice if there were action hooks on each product data tab. These could be used to add specific instructions to users about each tab.

Some have hooks, but others do not.

For example: The attribute tab. Users currently have to save a post after adding attributes in order for them to appear in the variations tab. I want to add a nice little paragraph explaining that to users, but there is currently not a hook to do so.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dynamic variation image

Instead of uploading an image for each variation, how about a layered product image.
    If I had 5 Shirt colors and 5 logo colors I would need 25 different images.
    If I could upload 5 different color shirt pix, and 5 different colored logos. When selected logos layer on top on shirts dynamically. This really starts to shine when you get into 20+ colors each.
    It could be done easily with transparent .png's I would think.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add "clear selections" for Layered Nav widget

If users add many options, it is hard to remove them all and start over - want to add a "clear selections" link at the top of this widget.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Set low stock notification threshold per product (rather than globally)

Right now it seems like the qty at which to send a low stock notification is set globally (once for all products). This creates problems if you have different lead times with suppliers. For instance, if you have a product that sells once per day and reorders have a two week leadtime, you need to set the notification to trigger at qty 20 or so to be safe. If you have an item that hardly ever sells, and you can restock it within a few days, maybe a low-stock notification of qty 1 will work.

I think it is vital…

111 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  16 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Featured image and product gallery on same meta box

Creating a different meta box for product galleries was definitely needed, but I feel like this is not quite the optimal solution.

Featured images and product galleries are usually added together when creating a product, therefore we need to put them into the same meta box.

Just like any other shopping cart, the first image must be automatically set as the featured image and the following added to the gallery, with an option to reorder, delete or set as featured.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Expiry Date on Products

As far as I know you can only set the expiry date on downloadable product.

It would be great if you could set the time and date of when the product should disapear in the catalogue and.
    The seam feature like the "Publish Date" where you can set the time the product should apear.

Did I miss something or is there nothing out there to do that?

Thanks

Mike

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base