WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Coupons “category”

I run a store with several vendors its hard to find out which Coupons is from which vendor, or source of Coupons. So I do want the ability to ad a category so I easily can find all Coupons from one vendor or coupon source.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add a filter to the <small> shipping and tax estimation note

This note: "Note: Shipping and taxes are estimated%s and will be updated during checkout based on your billing and shipping information." in cart-total.php on line 90, is wrapped in a <small> tag.

Can this be enhanced by a filter to be able to remove/change it?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disallow Shipping to PO Boxes

An option(s) to disallow billing and shipping to PO Boxes. UPS will not deliver to PO boxes in most cases. Sellers get weary of processing orders that are billed to a PO Box.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include a way to refund sales tax only for tax-exempt businesses (schools, non-profits, etc.)

We sell software to schools and most do not send us their tax exempt certificate before they charge the purchase on their credit card. The transaction has sales tax in our state. Once we receive the tax exempt form, we must refund the taxes. But then our reports are wrong. We have over 700 schools in our state. Help!

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple Page Registration Forms

It would be great if you could "paginate" forms so that you could block together logical items on a form without the pages becoming very long, such that the user does not become overwhelmed.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Single product management within an order

Ship orders in multiple batches, managing which products from a single order were shipped in which delivery. Be able process returns item by item so that item is taken out of the sales amounts and added back into stock.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add an akismet approval queue

It would be great if you guys integrated with akismet on registration forms and had an "approval queue" in the admin for those found to be spam so if they were legit you can mark as ham. As it stands now there is no way to prevent or throttle malicious signups. You can apply with any info you want and there is no way to protect against that. Bots can cause chaos in short order.

We historically would use a captcha but the problem with captchas is they are 99% breakable now, our own wordpress login captcha was beatable using…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. WooCommerce: Let registered users 'claim' their guest purchases

Say a visitor buys something in my shop as a guest.
    Then at a later point decides he wants an account and he uses the same email address.

I've tested this and the account is made, but the guest purchase is not linked to the account.

The 'guest orders' should be matched via email address and possibly parts of the billing address to verify the order is actually from that person and be linked to the newly created account.

Another way would be to create a small form/thingy in the account the user registers where he/she can enter the order…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use of straight name value pairs what it is + price for variables rather than inputting attributes first.

Having to set up attributes before inputting a variation is confusing. Seems much simpler to input what it is with the price in a name value pair is simpler. Also a sale price and is it inventory or not. I suppose attributes are ok if you have a lot of products with size, color or similar then those could be pulled out of the DB. Maybe there should be certain common attributes installed at setup. Then it would just be a matter of picking them when installing the products.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show product variable weights on the product Additional InformationTab

Hi
    When assigning variable product weights for each product variation, the Additional Information Tab should display the assigned weights for each variation (as configured per product variation).

This request should not be considered as an idea, but as current inaccurate variable product information in the WooCommerce product configuration. This should be fixed to reflect accurate product information for variable products.

Also, no one should lose out on their votes because this is not an idea but a request for a fix in WooCommerce variable product handling.

Thanks
    Lyse

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Multiple Department Store

Adding Multiple Department Store
    - Different Home page for each department
    - Different categories
    - Same template ( adding an option for different Theme would be great)
    - Same checkout page

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hide empty categories when layered filter is set to OR

An easy setting that already is made by Nicola Mustone - WooCommerce. Pleas enable this by default or give a choice.

woocommerce/includes/widgets/class-wc-widget-layered-nav.php

if ( $count > 0 ) {

echo &#39;&lt;li &#39; . $class . &#39;&gt;&#39;;

echo &#39;&lt;a href=&quot;&#39; . esc_url( apply_filters( &#39;woocommerce_layered_nav_link&#39;, $link ) ) . &#39;&quot;&gt;&#39; . $term-&gt;name . &#39;&lt;/a&gt;&#39;;

echo &#39; &lt;small class=&quot;count&quot;&gt;&#39; . $count . &#39;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/li&gt;&#39;;

}

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  22 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show "Out of Stock" when no price set

A client of mine just edited her product to be a variable product, didn't like it, and decided to change back to a simple product. In doing so, it must have cleared out the price, and the "Out of Stock" message disappeared from the site, as well as the button for the waitlist extension we're using. It wasn't clear why either had disappeared. I only discovered by accident that the fix was to enter a price.

It seems to make sense that the "Out of Stock" text should still appear when there is no price set, and the Stock Status…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Optional Woocommerce Image Cropping size for editable thumbnails

Woocommerce uses a set getthepostthumbnail() size with crop sizes in woocommerce options in woocommercegetproductthumbnail()

This means when you edit a thumbnail using wordpress editor it dosen't make any changes.

If they had an option to disable this and use something like
    return getthepost_thumbnail( $post->ID, 'thumbnail' ); line 616
    as a conditional we could edit our thumbnails and just set the thumbnail size in the settings > media.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Filter Orders By Coupon Code used

Filter Orders By Coupon Code used, for finding how many people used it, and fulfilling their orders all in a row.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Music download wocommerce version.

Music download wocommerce version. ,with sample audio player and other bells and whistles ,we want to be able to make our own www.traxsource.com ,www.beatport.com & Many others.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Coupons - Fix or improve 'Limit usage to X items' function

A good idea might be to add the ability to choose if the coupon is applied to the lowest valued item, the highest valued, a certain category, first/last added item etc. Just the ability to discount a single item in the cart that matches the criteria with a coupon code.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Product variations links for pricing tables

I recommend adding an option that would allow webmasters to add different URL shortlinks to different product options.

For example, suppose variable product 123 has variations A, B, and C. I'd like to be able to access each variation as a default with links
    mywebsite.com/product/123/A
    mywebsite.com/product/123/B
    mywebsite.com/product/123/C

Or something to that effect.

This way, I could create a pricing table using my theme or any pricing-table plugin, that could compare different products and/or variations within a single product.

For example, I have different subscription options with different payment amounts with woosubscriptions variable subscription. I'd like to be able to publish…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Account Balance / Log Payments

I use WooCommerce for my personal business. For my services, clients don't pay for services all at once, they pay for services in payments or installments. It would be great to be able to log payments with the date, amount, payment type, ect.

Once the transaction has been logged, the client can see their remaining balance inside of their account. (With this, it would be nice for client's to be able to add money onto their account as well for automatic payments made through another gateway, or by the admin manually adding it money to their available balance.)

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base