WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Validate user registration

The admin have to accept the user registration before he can buy in the shop.
    The user fill the form and send the registration info, and the admin receive an email informing of this registration. The user also receive an email explaining that the admin has to accept his registration.
    And when he is accepted, the user receive an email and can enter to the shop.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. give us back "sort by inventory" in the products page

Since the upgrade to 2.0, we have lost the ability to sort by product inventory level in the product admin screen. for myself, this is a vital and basic feature that is no longer available. we were able to sort by stock levels, set those higher stocked products as featured, import our CSV inventory feed from our distributor and sort again by stock levels to see what has changed, move ALL out of stock products to pending at the same time, etc.

Even with the inventory extension offered for an extra $29, you can not do these basic functions for…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Replace all tables with divs (Can I get an "Amen"?)

Tables are just the worst. If we really want to make WooCommerce the best e-commerce platform for Wordpress, I would think the use of tables in any and every instance needs to go. AmIright?

We all know the incredible features of these outdated "structure" tags, so I won't go into those, but it would be a million times easier to manipulate nearly every aspect of the WooCommerce style and layout if it were built using divs rather than tables.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Action hooks on product data tabs.

It would be nice if there were action hooks on each product data tab. These could be used to add specific instructions to users about each tab.

Some have hooks, but others do not.

For example: The attribute tab. Users currently have to save a post after adding attributes in order for them to appear in the variations tab. I want to add a nice little paragraph explaining that to users, but there is currently not a hook to do so.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Different consumer and distributor ordering options through WooCommerce

I have a situation where I want to use WooCommerce to allow consumers and distributors to see and order different products through the same site. For example, I want consumers to come, browse products, buy, etc but without seeing the larger, bulk ordering options that distributors can order. I would expect that distributors would have to login to see the "distributor" options.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hide empty categories when layered filter is set to OR

An easy setting that already is made by Nicola Mustone - WooCommerce. Pleas enable this by default or give a choice.

woocommerce/includes/widgets/class-wc-widget-layered-nav.php

if ( $count > 0 ) {

echo '<li ' . $class . '>';

echo '<a href="' . esc_url( apply_filters( 'woocommerce_layered_nav_link', $link ) ) . '">' . $term->name . '</a>';

echo ' <small class="count">' . $count . '</small></li>';

}

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  20 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple Sale Date Ranges

I have a client that sells used furniture. The client sets an original price, which drops every 'x' days for an 'x' amount of price changes. I would like the ability to have multiple date ranges for sales (5 would be sufficient for most cases I think).

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to show cart widget on Checkout and Cart pages

Currently, the cart widget is not visible on the Checkout and Cart pages (plugins/woocommerce/widgets/widget-cart.php line 56). Please add an option to enable this.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [Amazon S3 Storage] Add support for CloudFront

As of now the extension only supports S3 URL's. Add an optional configuration in the extension where the customer can set up the extension to use CloudFront URL's if they have CDN enabled on their account.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make non-price changing attributes display the same as price changing attributes on order screen

Hi There,

We've spotted that when an order is placed, any variations/attributes that don't affect the price are displayed as slugs, rather than titles.

This has resulted in one of our clients, who sells t-shirts, sent the wrong colour because they just changed the name of the attribute variation, whereas the slug remained the same.

Furthermore, I cannot imagine it's great usability for people (as this client sells a lot of green t-shirts, every attribute is "23902-green", for example).

I think it'd be better as titles.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Local Pickup" option need to be able to add in sales tax

Please add in the capability for the "local pickup" option to have a state sales tax associated with it. I"m really surprised this is not already a standard feature. Because even if a buyer purchases an item who is not from our state, but then selects the "local pickup" option, we are required to collect sales tax from this purchase based on the fact it was a local pickup in the state.

Please add this functionality in the next core update of woocommerce.

Thanks

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  7 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add "Total Sales" column to the "Taxes" tab in Reports.

When selecting the "Taxes" tab in Reports and filtering "Taxes by code", I'm currently able to see columns such as Rate, Number of orders, Tax Amount, etc... it would be very useful to also have a Total Sales column for a complete report of the total amount that have been generated by specific Tax codes.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Stock history"

I would like for us to be able to see the history of a specific product sku. For example, I created some orders, and then cancelled them-- and I don't know if I need to update the stock or not, because I can't see an audit trail of stock quantities of the product I was working with.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Admin Collapse/Expand Product Categories

when we have a large number of categories in the back-end it would be great to have folding categories, categories that collapse/expand or accordion style. for the product categories page.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add the exact expiration date (hour and minute) for a coupon

It would be helpful to set the exact expiration date for a coupon code.
    Now WooCommerce gives it a chance to set the expiration date (d-m-y), but not the hour.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Key improvements for management of Variations

When there are many variations in a product, maintaining the list is very slow because:

1. The one-click "Link all variations" button produces a very unordered & messy list of all variations.

2. Please add filters to the variations tab in the same way the WP admin screen has filter drop-downs for Products.

3. Auto-highlight (or offer to auto-remove) variations that have zero value or at least auto-disable them.

4. Add a bulk edit button for weight & size.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  7 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Set the order of attributes (dropdown entries)

The order of entries within the dropdowns (attributes) are listed in the order they were data entered. Please allow the attribute list to be re-ordered to tidy-up the dropdowns.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Thumbnail images next to available downloads links in My Account dashboard

For downloadable products a user has brought, wouldn't it be good to have a thumbnail image as well as a link?

This would make it a much better experience for the user who is looking to quickly re-download the product have purchased from their My Account dashboard

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create Custom Orders Table

This plugin improves WooCommerce performance by introducing a custom table to hold all of the most common order information in a single, properly-indexed location.
    Background

WooCommerce 3.0 introduced the notion of CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) interfaces in a move to unify the way WooCommerce data is stored and retrieved. However, orders are still stored as custom post types within WordPress, with each piece of order information (billing address, shipping address, taxes, totals, and more) being stored in post meta.

In fact, WooCommerce will typically create over 40 separate post meta entries for every single order. If your store…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve the error message detail level for "Invalid or duplicated SKU."

Which is it? Invalid or a duplicate? If invalid, what's invalid about it? (special characters? too long? what?) If it's duplicated, is the duplicate a variation within the same product? Is it another product? Provide a link to the duplicate product in the error message.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base