WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Coupons to Acknowledge Private Products

My products are all digital downloads. The Coupon function does not acknowledge products set to private. This prevents me from creating a coupon code for a free digital download, for a product that is not offered for sale, but as a free gift.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add FEET as an additional dimensions unit

Hi,

I installed your WooCommerce plugin and started setting it up, but I was shocked to note that "Feet" wasn't present among the selection of dimension units available to choose from!

You have included Inches and Yards imperial units, but not Feet (which are equally vital).

I'll be very grateful if you can resolve this ommission as soon as possible, as it seems ridiculous to have to find a workaround for what should be an obvious core feature.

Thanks!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display Variation Image When Applying Filters In Shop

When applying filters on shop pages the product images displayed should reflect the filters chosen. For example if a product has many variations of size, when that size filter is selected on a shop page the product images are now sourced from the variation image instead of the main product image.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Prevent Repeat Purchase (One-time Purchase)

WooCommerce should add an option (checkbox) in the product admin page to prevent repeat purchases of a product.
    If this option is checked, then in the front-end, the user must see 'Already Purchased' instead of 'Add To Cart' and should not be able to add it to their cart.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. more options for Recent Products widget

The ability to use multiple recent product widgets and configure different settings - in particular pull recent products only from a specified category and be able to change this on the fly within the widget (not have to change code)

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Filter Orders By Coupon Code used

Filter Orders By Coupon Code used, for finding how many people used it, and fulfilling their orders all in a row.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. WooCommerce: Let registered users 'claim' their guest purchases

Say a visitor buys something in my shop as a guest.
    Then at a later point decides he wants an account and he uses the same email address.

I've tested this and the account is made, but the guest purchase is not linked to the account.

The 'guest orders' should be matched via email address and possibly parts of the billing address to verify the order is actually from that person and be linked to the newly created account.

Another way would be to create a small form/thingy in the account the user registers where he/she can enter the order…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. the ability to specify/exclude categories for display using the [product_categories] shortcode

This would give flexibility when displaying categories on pages for example, you could have a category 'indoor' with various subcategories (eg. chairs, tables etc) and then display on home page using shortcode under the heading "Indoor products". I guess you coudl also use this for displaying brands as subcategories...

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hooked title in the content-product.php template

The Product Archive template, content-product.php, hardcodes in the product title like so:

<h3><?php the_title(); ?></h3> (https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/blob/master/templates/content-product.php#L61)

I find it's typically best to stick to the core templates for ease of upgrades, but this one little restriction has required me to override content-product.php in the theme numerous times. Often I'm just adding a class or changing it to an h2 or whatnot.

I think there are two sensible and low-friction solutions here.

A good solution would be a to put the title into a new function which is then called by a new woocommerceshoploopitemtitle action.…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add filter for endpoint page titles

I'd like to change Thank you -page title and was surprised it is not in the template file nor has a filter to change it.

I can manipulate thetitle filters to achieve the title change, but the WCQuery::getendpointtitle() could have a filter to ease up things.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Real time ordering for delivery service

I would like a theme that can operate in two different ways.

First as an electronic store that will accepts orders from customers for coffee, sandwiches and other eatable. This might be done with the selection of food and supplement some evidence for the shipping.

Secondly as an ordering system that every employee of a store could order entry to customers. Could add customers like contacts is that the next time Do not ask again to their data. Be able to register the order in a delivery boy in order to know how much money must have accumulated at the…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More Effective Editing of Products

The Product editing area needs to be more robust for the edit of multiple products based upon an applied filter. Adding a Next/Previous to the Product Edit page to allow for editing of the next/previous filtered product.

Example:
    I have hundreds of products in different categories and I need to change something (like SEO information...or anything else not available in Quick Edit) in each product within a category. I apply a filter to the Product List to see all the products that I need to edit. I click on EDIT for the first product, do whatever changes, Update and now…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sales Shortcode Returns Links with Attributes

It would be nice if the Sales Shortcode had more options. As it works now it returns a list of products that are on sale and that's great but it doesn't return the link with attributes. For example, if a medium green t-shirt is on sale the link on the sales page will just link you to the T-shirt like http://YOUR URL/product/t-shirt/ then you would have to search through the options to locate the actual t-shirt on sale. It would be nice if the sales shortcode actually returned the link with the attributes like http://YOUR URL/product/t-shirt/?attributepacolor=green&attributepasize=medium…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 'Show password' button in sign up form

Woocommerce doesn't have "Password confirm" button in sign up form, so I think for best user expierence should be add "Show password" button near Password field.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Highlight Shipping Method

Highlight shipping method in order list and order view by color adding a background color so people processing orders can easily identify orders with express shipping for instance.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For Coupons - could we have Product tag as an option

I want feature to implement the product tag feature to apply coupon base on product tag.
    Please let me know how come it possible?

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Menu Order edit option back to Products > Quick Edit

In a previous version of WooCommerce you used to be able to access the Menu Order under WooCommerce > Products > Quick Edit. Now you have to click into a single product editor to be able to change the Menu order under Product Data > Advanced. In a store that has a lot of products that each need to be reordered, it was so much easier when the menu order number could be edited under Quick Edit. I would like to request that this option be added back to WooCommerce in a future version release.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatically add product categories to Wordpress Menu

Currently manually adding categories to existing departments is an issue as may forget to add when new items get imported.

Causing missing categories at the top menu.

Would be good to be able to configure and set the way categories will be added to the departments.

Some prefer the menu to have all the Departments across and some like my self, prefer a Shop By Department (Vertical hierachy) , where Categories are under each Department.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Native WOO Browser based Point Of Sale (POS)

I am increasingly losing clients to Shopify because of one primary feature that is core to Shopify but not to Woo. That is a native, simple Point of Sale (POS) feature that allows businesses to take orders via brick & mortar stores while maintaining stock levels with the centralized WOO stock control system.

I know there are several other requests for a Woo POS, but these are requests as an add-on to WOO. I feel this should be a core feature of WOO (with the ability to be abled or disable).

It should operate in the same way as Shopify's…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Product Options with Price Modifiers

We sell Rolex Watches and we price modifiers in our current cart like this.

Add 1.5 CT Round Brilliant(+1800)

It's not a new items or sku, our attribute system lets use use price modifiers that can change product weight and price. Here is a logic example:

Small(-25,-0.25) Decrease price by 25, decrease weight by 0.25
    Medium(-10%,+1) Decrease price by 10%, increase weight by 1
    Large(0,+2) Price will remain the same, increase weight 2
    X-Large(+10.00) Increase price by 10

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base