WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. update stock after click on "add to cart" button

In this way a single product in stock can not be ordered at the same time by two people.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. more options for Recent Products widget

The ability to use multiple recent product widgets and configure different settings - in particular pull recent products only from a specified category and be able to change this on the fly within the widget (not have to change code)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter orders by date of completion, and or date of status change.

Dates of orders changing status of any kind are vitally useful, having ONLY the date created search option is VERY limiting. Every single user of the woocomerce platform could benefit from adding more date search-ability and the information is all present in the comments section of date created.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Digital Product Download Log

It would be great to see the download history of digital product downloads including the date/time and IP address. This would be incredibly helpful when fighting payment disputes with payment providers.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add filter for endpoint page titles

I'd like to change Thank you -page title and was surprised it is not in the template file nor has a filter to change it.

I can manipulate thetitle filters to achieve the title change, but the WCQuery::getendpointtitle() could have a filter to ease up things.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Native WOO Browser based Point Of Sale (POS)

I am increasingly losing clients to Shopify because of one primary feature that is core to Shopify but not to Woo. That is a native, simple Point of Sale (POS) feature that allows businesses to take orders via brick & mortar stores while maintaining stock levels with the centralized WOO stock control system.

I know there are several other requests for a Woo POS, but these are requests as an add-on to WOO. I feel this should be a core feature of WOO (with the ability to be abled or disable).

It should operate in the same way as Shopify's…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shopping Cart price rules - WooCommerce

This is a very important functionality, the same as coupons but the user does not need to enter code:
    10% discount on orders over...
    Buy X Get Y free..
    Free shipping on orders over...

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More Effective Editing of Products

The Product editing area needs to be more robust for the edit of multiple products based upon an applied filter. Adding a Next/Previous to the Product Edit page to allow for editing of the next/previous filtered product.

Example:
    I have hundreds of products in different categories and I need to change something (like SEO information...or anything else not available in Quick Edit) in each product within a category. I apply a filter to the Product List to see all the products that I need to edit. I click on EDIT for the first product, do whatever changes, Update and now…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Option to Coupon Setup to Delete Automatically

I use Follow Up emails that creates new coupons for various things. This is great but after a while you have a huge database of useless coupons because they have expired or used their limit.
    Add an option to the coupon setup page to automatically delete this coupon upon expiration or limit used.
    This way you won't have to think about it and your coupon database stays clean!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Highlight Shipping Method

Highlight shipping method in order list and order view by color adding a background color so people processing orders can easily identify orders with express shipping for instance.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sales Shortcode Returns Links with Attributes

It would be nice if the Sales Shortcode had more options. As it works now it returns a list of products that are on sale and that's great but it doesn't return the link with attributes. For example, if a medium green t-shirt is on sale the link on the sales page will just link you to the T-shirt like http://YOUR URL/product/t-shirt/ then you would have to search through the options to locate the actual t-shirt on sale. It would be nice if the sales shortcode actually returned the link with the attributes like http://YOUR URL/product/t-shirt/?attributepacolor=green&attributepasize=medium…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hooked title in the content-product.php template

The Product Archive template, content-product.php, hardcodes in the product title like so:

<h3><?php the_title(); ?></h3> (https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/blob/master/templates/content-product.php#L61)

I find it's typically best to stick to the core templates for ease of upgrades, but this one little restriction has required me to override content-product.php in the theme numerous times. Often I'm just adding a class or changing it to an h2 or whatnot.

I think there are two sensible and low-friction solutions here.

A good solution would be a to put the title into a new function which is then called by a new woocommerceshoploopitemtitle action.…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Reporting on separate SKUs within a product

In order to properly report on the variations of a product, it would be nice if the Woocommerce reporting tool would allow sorting or exporting by SKU rather than or in addition to just Product.
    This would ease the integration with some POS systems and accounting systems as well. Currently one has to do this by hand using the individual orders one by one.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. View total amount of product orders from within Woocommerce reports

I am trying to view the TOTAL AMOUNT of each product ordered for a given period (e.g. 1 month).

However all I can see in Woocommerce reports is "Top Sellers"....so it is excluding some orders.

This seems like a very bad design choice. How am I supposed to know what my total orders are for each product? I have to manually go into each order and get the information there 1 by 1?

Please add this feature. I can't be the first person to suggest it.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Download expiry on Product Variations

With Products in WooCommerce, if it's a virtual, downloadable product where the 'product type' is set to 'simple', you can set a download limit (number) AND an expiry date. However, if the product type is 'Variable product' you can only set a download limit on variations, but not an expiry date. It'd be great if you could set an expiry date as well on product variations, as you can with 'simple' products.
    Great plugin otherwise, guys - easy to use and looks great!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Attribute "global" stock

The abbility to set a stock level for an attribute, an exmaple:
    An size attribute for tshirts; it would be a lot easier to control stock for all products that use that attribute than to set stock levels on every product :)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. show tax include in order page

Show the price, line per line, with include tax in the admin order page details.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show product category to only some specific countries

Show for example the T-SHIRT category menu-item only to US, UK, NL, GER and FRA, because my dropshipper only delivers to this countries.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make Wooemails responsive

I don't even know why I need to submit this to the wooideas... the world is fucking mobile... make the woocommerce emails responsive... its a very, very basic functionality that a smart company would have had done YEARS ago...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base