WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Wooemails responsive

I don't even know why I need to submit this to the wooideas... the world is fucking mobile... make the woocommerce emails responsive... its a very, very basic functionality that a smart company would have had done YEARS ago...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use Yoast SEO Primary Category for Breadcrumbs

Yoast SEO provides the ability to set a "Primary Category" when selecting categories for a product. Obviously a product can be in more than one category, but when a Primary Category is set should be reflected in the Breadcrumb trail.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Batch-add Variations

Enable ability to batch-add and batch-edit variations across products.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Coupons “category”

I run a store with several vendors its hard to find out which Coupons is from which vendor, or source of Coupons. So I do want the ability to ad a category so I easily can find all Coupons from one vendor or coupon source.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Featured image and product gallery on same meta box

Creating a different meta box for product galleries was definitely needed, but I feel like this is not quite the optimal solution.

Featured images and product galleries are usually added together when creating a product, therefore we need to put them into the same meta box.

Just like any other shopping cart, the first image must be automatically set as the featured image and the following added to the gallery, with an option to reorder, delete or set as featured.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WooCommerce Admin (analytics) filter on custom taxonomy

Make it possible to filter on custom taxonomy on the new analytics page. Currently it's only possible to filter on category.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add FEET as an additional dimensions unit

Hi,

I installed your WooCommerce plugin and started setting it up, but I was shocked to note that "Feet" wasn't present among the selection of dimension units available to choose from!

You have included Inches and Yards imperial units, but not Feet (which are equally vital).

I'll be very grateful if you can resolve this ommission as soon as possible, as it seems ridiculous to have to find a workaround for what should be an obvious core feature.

Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Global attribue pricing

It would be nice if Woocommerce offered some sort of batch editing or define price increases based on attributes that go across the board. An example would be I had an attribute "Black" and if that option is chosen, it would add "$50" to the base price of any product. This would be far easier than having to into each product and choose variable and update the price from there. I've been looking for a solution to this but have had no luck. This should be a core feature in my opinion.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow users to disable only button css and keep layout css (Minimal)

Within the admin you can select color themes. Additionally you can disable styles completely. It would be great to have an option to be able to disable all buttons styles for example and keep all css related to the layout of the page. Because of the generic nature of the class names (.button) the woocommerce themes are overiding the styling of sites we have already built

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Product image not required

Right now, we have to add code to the function.php file to hide product images. Why not make it the default behavior that if there is an image uploaded, show the image. If not, show no image and slide the title, description, etc. over to the left where the image would be. That would be so much better than the image slug.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Single product in Category

if a category only has one product then when the category is selected the user is taken direct to the product rather then having to select the product again?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. WooCommerce automatic pages creation when network activated.

It would be nice if we could network activate WooCommerce and have the pages created upon creation of the new blog. Right now, it only give you the message to create the pages if you activate WooCommerce on per blog bases. But if you have it network activated you have to manually create each page. Or at least display the message to create the pages with one click, just like per blog bases.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add "all" option to visibility attribute for products shortcode

[products] shortcode has the option to choose the visibility of the products. But if someone wants to show visible AND hidden products there is no option yet. You can theoretically call the shortcode twice, one time with visible and one time with hidden products, but this may lead to design problems (for example with pagination enabled).

An visbility option like "all" would fit the needs to show products of all visbilities with one shortcode.

This can be needed for example when you want to hide some products from shop and other pages but you want to show it on one…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improved Admin Search Orders

Once your woocommerce site hits 100,000+ orders, searching for an order via the wordpress admin -> order page can take a long time. For my site, my search request always times out (90 seconds+) for a search, and I am running a very powerful set up hardware wise.

So I found a way to include a dropdown on the Order page, so you can select the field you want to search by, then I changed the query to only search for the specified field from the dropdown. This changed the query time from 90 seconds+ to 1-3 seconds.

My way…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. the ability to specify/exclude categories for display using the [product_categories] shortcode

This would give flexibility when displaying categories on pages for example, you could have a category 'indoor' with various subcategories (eg. chairs, tables etc) and then display on home page using shortcode under the heading "Indoor products". I guess you coudl also use this for displaying brands as subcategories...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to Force SSL on other pages/post outside of WooCommerce.

Need ability to force SSL on a single page outside of WooCommerce, example - donate page with a third-party embed.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Extension for sending images to a print shop

Wouldn't it be great if Woocommerce could take your images and send them to a 'print-on-demand' service of choice afterwards ? (like printing images on mugs or canvas, etc.)
    Thus taking out the pain of going to a print shop and send the images worldwide yourself.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "no shipping"

I love that there's the option to set your whole shop to "no shipping," but even once you've set that option, you then need to go remove all references to "shipping address" from email templates, order confirmation, etc.

It would be great if the "this shop doesn't use shipping" option was smart enough to remove all references to shipping throughout the plugin.

Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currency symbols must be customizable

It's not so much an idea as it is a mandatory requirement for Woocommerce, if you want to sell in Scandinavia ;-)

The standard currency symbols (ISO) for SEK, DKK and NOK are usually and informally presented as "kr", but to get approval by local payment card clearing to accept local cards, you must display the ISO currency symbol on at least the checkout page order summary.

Therefore I would recommend that you make it customizable in woocomerce themes to choose currency symbols for different areas of the theme.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need a better process for pushing a development site live without overwriting order activity

You guys strongly encourage using a development environment but are strangely silent about the fact that pushing the staging site live will overwrite any order activity on the live site that happened between when the staging copy was pulled and when the staging site gets pushed live.

You need to provide at least a correct procedure for doing this without loosing accounting information. It seems crazy to me that this hasn't been addressed. There must be lots of stores out there with no sales, or everyone would be screaming about this glaring oversight.

As soon as WooCommerce is added to…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base