WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Creating barcode labels

I cant believe the only way to barcode label our stock for Crave Invoice scanning purposes of selected products is to copy the data from the Woocommerce products page per item or per sku and then paste the data into word template to print, then stick the label on the packet and display the packets on the board. The info printed on the work label is the Item code/SKU+Item Name+Size+UOM+Colour+Price and item/SKU is converted to 128 bit encryption barcode and copies at the bottom of the label. Lots of mistakes when we have to train a newbie

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Creating barcode labels

I'd like to create my own type of barcode label with a much smaller font compared to font size currently available and have the ability to select the fields from the Products table and label the field differently, print on 24 up size lables: 10sku123 + 10sku987 + 4*sku147

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When using the breadcrumb it include the product name which is redundant where the title of the product is already displayed. This is an iss

When using the breadcrumb it include the product name which is redundant where the title of the product is already displayed. This is an issue where the breadcrumb wraps on mobile when it is too long with the product name.

Yo can use the following to remove the product name but it leaves the category unlinked, defeating the purpose of the breadcrumb.

function edchangebreadcrumb( $breadcrumb ) {

if(is_singular()){

array_pop($breadcrumb);

}

return $breadcrumb;
    }
    addfilter( 'woocommercegetbreadcrumb', 'edchange_breadcrumb' );

Looking at the output in Chrome console, there is no obvious was to remove the product name…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Power pack differentiate between desktop and mobile

When I use the power pack designer to change my site, it overrides the CSS coding that I did special for the mobile phone. It would be good if I could do one design for desktop and one for mobile.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Limit Available on Backorder quantities

It would be really great to add an option to limit Backorders to a certain quantity.
    Many sellers have limited stock at hand and can produce/resupply a certain amount of new stock quickly. There it would be essential to have an option to allow backorder, but to limit the maximum allowed backorders so the production/resupply capacity is not overwhelmed

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Separate Register and Login Pages

This should be self-explanatory and really easy. This should be common sense to already include in the plugin.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. WooCommerce should not reveal an overview of all plugins of the page to non-admin users

WooCommerce shows an overview of all installed plugins to our customers. It undermines a business-model working with WooCommerce, as, as agency, we are spending time/effort to select the right plugins, and WooCommerce reveals it to our customers.

Please consider to not publish an overview of all plugins.
    If it is, for some reason really required to show, please make it so that it is easy to grant access, and to revoke access to user(profile)s!!
    The current way menu (WP Dashboard - WooCommerce -) "Status" has a link ending: admin.php?page=wc-status)

We have tried 5 plugins (User Role Editor, Capability manager enhancement,…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For "Zero-Cost Orders" ($0) Provide Option for Limited Checkout Information Required

It would be nice to have core-functionality to choose which fields appear on the Checkout page. For our use-case, we sell online courses and provide a free trial (Zero-Cost Order) so we would like to ability to only require the following fields:
    - First Name
    - Last Name
    - Email
    - Phone Number

This will lead to fewer "cart abandonment" when there is less information required to enroll into a free online course, so this will help with eCommerce conversion rates, etc.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow customers edit orders while "on hold" or "processing".

Allow customers to cancel and modify their order when "on hold" and edit some info when "processing".

For example, a user might want to change the delivery date (if you provide this on the checkout page). Or maybe they need to change the size or make up their mind about a given product in the order.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Field providing the net amount for each tax class

Hi

Would like to know the truth net amount value for each tax class.

Strange it has never been developed. I need it to do my VAT tax declaration but i have always a difference as I estimate by doing math. X=VAT amount*100/ VAT tax rate

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Priority (Sorting) Should Apply in All Checkout Field Groups for Custom Fields

Priority (used for sorting) should be available for all checkout field sections for custom fields.

The account (account login) section and order (additional information / order notes) section should utilize a priority (sorting) attribute to better order custom checkout fields like the billing and shipping sections offer.

More information:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-reorder-checkout-fields-in-order-group-order-comments-section/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Product Variations Should Link to Category in The Database Like Products Do

Product variations should link back to categories in the database as standalone products do.

Each product variation entry should be able to link back to the category or categories that the parent product uses so that filtering by category works not only with products but with product variations too.

More information about this request can be viewed here:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/why-are-product-variation-products-not-assigned-to-product-categories/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. improve handling of images uploaded over REST API

Whenever I create a product or update it's pictures via the REST API, the old pictures keep on accumulating on the server.
    There is no way that I know of to query the API if the image file already exist on the server or not, and the old images are kept on the server.

This could all be massively improved by the following:
    a) allow us to somehow query Wordpress/Woocommerce if a file with a certain hash (md5 or sha1) is already in the shop's/site's library
    b) let us specify media ids as parameters to the "images" value of the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Email in Settings

In the WooCOm Settings Panel for Email Sender Options we have choice of Multiple Email ID for recipients but only One options for FROM.

We need option to set and use different FROM email ids for case to case use :

For example :
    noreply@website.com
    order@website.com
    promo@webiste.com

etc

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add "all" option to visibility attribute for products shortcode

[products] shortcode has the option to choose the visibility of the products. But if someone wants to show visible AND hidden products there is no option yet. You can theoretically call the shortcode twice, one time with visible and one time with hidden products, but this may lead to design problems (for example with pagination enabled).

An visbility option like "all" would fit the needs to show products of all visbilities with one shortcode.

This can be needed for example when you want to hide some products from shop and other pages but you want to show it on one…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Making the Importing of Products, specifically the images much easier.

When you import products from an external tool, such as EKM, the CSV file has the images in separate columns.

So when you run the importer, you assume that you assign each of the images to their respective places. Such as Product Photo, then Product Gallery.

Simple really. So you know which one is going to the Main Image.

But it has no such option. Unlike Short Description vs Description, The two Image Areas are not separately identified. It took a look of time, and a chat with Woocommerce to find out.......

You must concatenate all the image fields, split…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add filters and bulk edit for checked variations in variable products

Hi,
    When we have products with more than 100 variations, it is painful to edit / remove the variations.
    Could it be possible to:
    - have filters allowing to display only specific variations ans thus be sure none is missing for instance
    - add checkboxes with bulk edit/remove (for a product with 200 variations, and very specific ones, it is easier to remove all and recreate all than to create some 1 by 1
    - add possibility to add only some variations, for instance based on a new attribute, and same, not 1 by 1
    Thx!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Upload profile picture

I see many modern and new 2019 themes that have added profile image display to the account. But because the WC plugin Core is unable to upload a profile image, this feature is incomplete. I suggest simply uploading a profile picture to your account to make customer account better and more acceptable.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add filters to add/remove classes on templates

To change templates we have to copy the templates from the plugin to our theme. Most of the time I just need to add or remove a few classes - for example on the cart.php the classes for the table to make them bootstrap ready:

<table class="shoptable shoptable_responsive cart woocommerce-cart-form__contents" cellspacing="0">

So just for 2 CSS Classes I don`t want to copy the whole template.

Kind regards,
    Florian

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. edit product title

allow the product gallery content of images to be edited so I could edit the title tag of a product image after I added to a product.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base