WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allowing users to to delete their own accounts on their account area

Hi,

I searched and couldn't find a similar open issue, sorry if I missed anything.

I really feel like there should be a built-in straightforward option for users to delete their accounts by themselves. I guess it is not the highest concern of site owners, but I really think it is the honest thing to do. I, as a customer or user, would have expected to find such an option.

Hopefully, you see it the same way.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Priority (Sorting) Should Apply in All Checkout Field Groups for Custom Fields

Priority (used for sorting) should be available for all checkout field sections for custom fields.

The account (account login) section and order (additional information / order notes) section should utilize a priority (sorting) attribute to better order custom checkout fields like the billing and shipping sections offer.

More information:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-reorder-checkout-fields-in-order-group-order-comments-section/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Product Variations Should Link to Category in The Database Like Products Do

Product variations should link back to categories in the database as standalone products do.

Each product variation entry should be able to link back to the category or categories that the parent product uses so that filtering by category works not only with products but with product variations too.

More information about this request can be viewed here:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/why-are-product-variation-products-not-assigned-to-product-categories/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. improve handling of images uploaded over REST API

Whenever I create a product or update it's pictures via the REST API, the old pictures keep on accumulating on the server.
    There is no way that I know of to query the API if the image file already exist on the server or not, and the old images are kept on the server.

This could all be massively improved by the following:
    a) allow us to somehow query Wordpress/Woocommerce if a file with a certain hash (md5 or sha1) is already in the shop's/site's library
    b) let us specify media ids as parameters to the "images" value of the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Email in Settings

In the WooCOm Settings Panel for Email Sender Options we have choice of Multiple Email ID for recipients but only One options for FROM.

We need option to set and use different FROM email ids for case to case use :

For example :
    noreply@website.com
    order@website.com
    promo@webiste.com

etc

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Making the Importing of Products, specifically the images much easier.

When you import products from an external tool, such as EKM, the CSV file has the images in separate columns.

So when you run the importer, you assume that you assign each of the images to their respective places. Such as Product Photo, then Product Gallery.

Simple really. So you know which one is going to the Main Image.

But it has no such option. Unlike Short Description vs Description, The two Image Areas are not separately identified. It took a look of time, and a chat with Woocommerce to find out.......

You must concatenate all the image fields, split…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add filters and bulk edit for checked variations in variable products

Hi,
    When we have products with more than 100 variations, it is painful to edit / remove the variations.
    Could it be possible to:
    - have filters allowing to display only specific variations ans thus be sure none is missing for instance
    - add checkboxes with bulk edit/remove (for a product with 200 variations, and very specific ones, it is easier to remove all and recreate all than to create some 1 by 1
    - add possibility to add only some variations, for instance based on a new attribute, and same, not 1 by 1
    Thx!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Prevent Repeat Purchase (One-time Purchase)

WooCommerce should add an option (checkbox) in the product admin page to prevent repeat purchases of a product.
    If this option is checked, then in the front-end, the user must see 'Already Purchased' instead of 'Add To Cart' and should not be able to add it to their cart.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add filters to add/remove classes on templates

To change templates we have to copy the templates from the plugin to our theme. Most of the time I just need to add or remove a few classes - for example on the cart.php the classes for the table to make them bootstrap ready:

<table class="shoptable shoptable_responsive cart woocommerce-cart-form__contents" cellspacing="0">

So just for 2 CSS Classes I don`t want to copy the whole template.

Kind regards,
    Florian

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. edit product title

allow the product gallery content of images to be edited so I could edit the title tag of a product image after I added to a product.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Note Search Ability

Can we have the ability to search words/phrases within the order notes? For example, if we add the note "XYZ" to specific orders, we can then search the notes for "XYZ"

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. WooCommerce update to offer highest plugin compatible version NOT latest version

Imagine a way to choose not the latest WooCommerce update available but rather the latest compatible update to the dependent plugins. This way a noob isn't going to blat in the latest Woocommerce update over the top of plugins that depend on a lower version. Alternatively, pressure the plugin authors and if they don't keep up they shouldn't be in the store because they ask subscription fees that include maintenance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 404 redirection solution where we can enter a custom page for products not found!

WooCommerce needs a good 404 redirection solution where we can enter a custom page for products not found!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to create "global" product attributes from API

For now, we can only create products attributes for one product from the API, but not the store attributes. It could be great for plugin developpers to be able to create attributes as "global" in the store, and then assign them directly when creating a product from the API

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. customizable user account

Please add the functionality to edit the WooCommerce user account i.e. add/remove (custom) fields and have the option to connect them to the checkout.
    It should only be an option as you don't want to ask for number of employees on the checkout form, of course.

We are building a BtB site and we want to store information like number of employees, VAT number (how is this not standard yet?), contact person etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Search orders in backend by SKU and country name

Searching orders in the backend by SKU makes responding to customer equiries a lot more efficient when a merchant has a lot of products and variations.
    Without this you have to searching for orders by product name and it's very slow and confusing to identify the right order quickly when you have a lot of products or variations with similar names.

Please add the ability to search by SKU.
    And Country name too. You can search by country code, but not by name. This helps a lot for stores with international customers.

The searchwp plugin is not an option -…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Text on my accountpage

Please get rid of the text on my account-pages regarding password where the current password is. There is additional text there saying to clear the textbox in order to keep the current password. Since 1 - the password does not get changed if you type something else and 2 - the box is pre-filled if you have used those settings in your browser. The result is that with the text it is confusing and really pointless.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Repeat customer stats

It would be very useful to have more stats on repeat customers - to see who your best customers are by lifetime order value and number of orders etc

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the ability to future date the initial gift subscription email in the gifting for subscriptions plugin and allow people to enter a gift

Couldn't see Gifting for WC Subscriptions above..

Add the ability to future date the initial gift subscription email in the gifting for subscriptions plugin and allow people to enter a gift message. Most people don't want the email to be sent straight away but at a future date. So I'm having to advise people to put their own email in and send me their gift message. So unprofessional and defeats the point of the plugin?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Order confirmation page

As a developer from the past (25+ years), I would recommend that WooCommerce development team go one step further in it's order processing. From the checkout page, when the payment option is selected, it should go to an order review page with a 'Proceed with Payment' or 'Process Order' button. This is what you find on most 'major' online shopping services such as Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc. By doing this, an order is actually created prior to proceeding for payment processing which eliminates any technical issues where an order record is NOT saved but the system still goes through the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base