WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shipping method availability

Currently exist only "countries" for all Shipping method availability.
    We need to add "States" too.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save Variation Prices

There are times when a product will have the same prices as other products. For example when selling print with different attributes sizes there will remain the same prices for each attribute. To save from having to enter each price manually it would be a good idea if there was a way of saving variation prices or having the option of permanently matching it to a specified attribute.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a shipping tab to product page

It would be nice to be able to control what shipping options appear for each individual product. Sometimes USPS is good, but sometimes flat rate should appear. Other times, I may not want shipping to be an option at all...or maybe just local pickup or delivery.

Right now, if you enable one option, it's enabled for every product. More control adds much more functionality.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve the layered nav widget

1) Link the filter to the product category so that if the page url is (product-category/menswear/) the mensware filter is sellected.

2) Give the option to show all filters (greyed out) with the 'and' query type, instead of removing them. (line 282)

Make it so that you can create a template of the widgets to make customisations without loosing changes on updates.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Product category in different menus.

The possibility of adding product categories to different menus like pages and 'normal' categories.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Layered nav widget: title not matching what's shown on page

When a user selects one attribute (or more) through the layered nav widget, the page title () as well as the main header aren't updated to reflect the selection.

They both remain set to "All Products" instead of showing what attribute has been selected.

A user selecting the jeans category should not see the title "All products", but something more along the lines of "All Jeans".

It'd be great if it could be added. Thanks!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display attributes (ie. size, color) under product image on archives page

Users cannot add-to-cart variable products from the category pages. They're forced to go to individual product pages to do so.

Many other stores already offer that option. It's a much needed addition.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Show all" / Show 20 / 40 / 60 items" at once button

Users generally don't like not being able to see all products at once, and having to click on to the next page(s) to see the rest.

A simple "show all products", or "show 20/40/60 products" button would solve that.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tabs

It would be a great idea if the tab for "Additional Information" would accept html code. This would make it far more usable to enter images, tables etc.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change category layout so no more uneven rows, move sort by up and add pagnentation to category shortcoden

The category set up just isn't ideal if you want a separate category page or you want to show subcategories as if you have say 2 sub categories then the products just run on the same line and then you have a line with just 2 products at the bottom. Also visitors have to scroll to the bottom to sort items by price etc.

What I propose is the following layout

Separate category images from product images in top rows, then a row that adds the sorting drop down or even buttons across the bar, then the products.

This alongside…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Ability to Remove Taxes for Logged in Wholesale Orders

This would probable be an add on to the Dynamic Pricing Plugin I would think but maybe not. I need the ability to not charge tax to logged in wholesaler users. This is extremely important for one of my clients that I am building a site for, if I can this this functionality this plugin will be exactly what i need.

Thanks!
    Daniel

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  6 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Different consumer and distributor ordering options through WooCommerce

I have a situation where I want to use WooCommerce to allow consumers and distributors to see and order different products through the same site. For example, I want consumers to come, browse products, buy, etc but without seeing the larger, bulk ordering options that distributors can order. I would expect that distributors would have to login to see the "distributor" options.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. filter options based on product categories instead of using layered menu

so you don't have to make attributes (like a brand for example) to get filters working

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More flexible free shipping

Right now, free shipping is conditioned by either a coupon, or a minimum amount - can't be both. And when activating the coupon-conditioned free shipping, the minimum amount is not used anymore.

The use case I'm looking for:
    - have the minimum amount linking to free shipping all the time
    - in addition, for short period of time, enable a coupon that provides free shipping whatever the amount is.

Additionally, when using a discount coupon, it is displayed in the cart and checkout page so users can remove it. A coupon providing free shipping is not shown, so can't be…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unique naming conventions for CSS styles, functions, etc.

Currently quite a few of the CSS styles and functions have generic names without a prefix, like ".handle"

This begs for conflicts with other plugins, themes, etc.
    E.g. I had the situation that a shortcode plugin used the .handle-class as well and the product attributes display in WooC backend was screwed up.

Unique name, e.g. with a prefix (like .wooc-handle instead of .handle) would make this sort of conflicts way more unlikely.

Actually "best practice" in theme/plugin development...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. WooCommerce - Single image for multiple products

Something that I've run into during my present project was the inability to attach an existing image from either my media library or NextGEN gallery to multiple products. So, I have to upload the same image multiple times, taking up my time and server space.

That or, another way to attach images to a product from your media library, or even better, your NextGen Gallery. The wordpress media library with a large amount of files is a joke to work with.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  11 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add romanian currency (RON).

It would be great to add the Romanian lei (RON) currency.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reveal more on Layered Navigation

On the layered navigation have the option to make each section reveal more after so many results. There's a few different ways of doing this. You could have the panels collapse and open like an accordion type panel similar to this: (Refine on right)

http://www.selfridges.com/en/Menswear/Categories/Denim/

You could have a "Show more..." link after say 5 results, that slide down to reveal all layered navigation results for each section.

Or you could do it somthing like this: (Filter by on left).

http://www.lkbennett.com/shoes/courts

The purpose of this feature is to allow for lots and lots of options without making the page really…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reorder Products

Would be great to have the ability to change the order of products once entered into the system.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make WooCommerce Layered Nav widget available on all pages

The Layered Nav widget should be able to be shown on all pages of the site, not just product pages. If you're setting up a commerce site, you want clients to be able to search by product attributes when they first click into your site (on the home page) without having to make the home page your Shop page.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base