WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. product warranty registration

Attach a series of serial numbers and unique registration codes to a specific product ID (provided by shop manager), allowing users to register and and associate the product(s) to their account and validate warranty information.

Could also extend to where a specific code and serial number are attached to the product item in an order, to be referenced on warranty registration.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sales Reports

Business owners are more than likely inclined on how well their products are doing during a given time frame. So, I propose having a detailed sales report export - given a time frame - to be added to the Reports section of the WooCommerce plugin.

Basically, a rundown of how many sales each individual product has, the amount of revenue it produced, etc.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add "Mark as cancelled" to Bulk Actions in Order List Admin screen

Need a method to bulk-mark orders as cancelled. There's probably a reason this was not included in core. If it's a safety issue, perhaps this can be enabled in settings?

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Edit certain WooCommerce text within theme options, for instance "Order Notes" text and Email text

It's REALLY important to be able to edit the text content of the emails that go out without having to dig into the code and edit the language files. I have used the WP eStore plugin before and it had this capability, in addition to a list of shortcodes that you could use in the emails (http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/ecommerce/wp-estore-shortcodes-and-functions-reference-460)

It's also important to offer a plain text option instead of the automatic HTML styling.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Currency Based on Visitor IP

It would be awesome if we can get a plugin that reads the visitor's location and then changes the currency accordingly, perhaps by calling in to the multi currency plug-in?

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Login / Register pop-up box on the Menu

A login/register box that pops-up when you click a Login link on the menu, rather than having to go to a separate page from My Account.

Like this: http://cl.ly/GnhU

This could be really neat and useful, so people can login on the page itself, and start buying stuff right away!

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Widget - WooCommerce Layered Nav - Out of Stock

Widget - WooCommerce Layered Nav. We have sold a variation of a product (say Size 42) - and processed the order. When we search for the Size 42, the product appears, but when we goto add the Size 42 to the cart, we see that the item is "Out of Stock". Is it possible for this variation not to appear in the search results of the widget ? (eg filter for variation AND stock >0)

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Lock Downloads to IP

This would be a great Idea to avoid sharing accounts that have downloadable content it it. Only the person who purchased will be able to download the product according to his IP or IP range or location.
    In case his IP changes, he would be sent an e-mail asking for confirmation that it is him on the account. The admin would also be warned.
    This is ESSENTIAL for subscriptions and virtual downloads stores. It gives you more control over your orders.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "View All" products on category

Want to add an option to pagination and/or category filter to "View All" products. Many people like myself hate, hate, hate clicking page after page after page - I just want them all on one page and I am willing to wait for it to load as it's better than waiting for every pagination page to load.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Approve user

Hello,

a lot a people are looking to enable a new feature about Approve User.
    There are some plugins like this http://www.websavers.org/using-wp-approve-user-plugin-with-woocommerce/ but are not working and are not stable.

Can you improve the code and create an extension please?

Thanks
    Simone

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Woocommerce Plugin to sell domain and hosting

Hi,

I like to develop a plugin to sell domain and hosting.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Generate new renewal orders on a different schedule than billing schedule

It would be nice if WooCommerce Subscriptions would allow the option to generate renewal orders on a different schedule then the billing schedule. For example, if I'm selling a subscription item and offer a monthly, 3 month, and 6 month option, WooCommerce generates renewal orders every month, 3 months, and 6 months, respectively. This is a problem with subscriptions that include items shipped monthly.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Plugin for Progress Bar for WooThemes Checkout Process (like Yoast)

There is a 3rd party plugin but I'm skeptical of it's compatiblity so I think WooThemes should make a plugin for a progress bar at checkout similar to the way Yoast suggests. https://yoast.com/checkout-page-improvements/

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Export products to csv by criteria or category

Currently you are able to Export product list (but only starting at product 1 back). A crucial piece of any ecommerce CMS platform is the ability to export products to csv files for quick manipulation based on a category or criteria of the products you want to edit. Websites that have large # of products find the current export useless as I am unable to export my last 61,000 products out of 63,000 total.

The easiest fix is first by category, but also the ability to select products to export.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Freshbooks two way sync

Two way Freshbooks integration. We really would like to use some of the other features of WooCommerce with freshbooks for instance Freshbooks cannot create packing slips but we could with WooCommerce. If we could sync both ways we could add a lot of functions missing from freshbooks.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sales volume based pricing.

I suggest that woocommerce gets the following new feature: sales volume based pricing. Should work like this: Set a price for an item and set the max sales volum this applies to. Then you can raise the price automatically when you have a best seller, every time you hit another sales threshold. Should apply to both physical and digital products.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Retail Plugin (Business to Business)

I would like to have special login for Business. Here is why:

I have a company and i deal with both B2C and B2B. I would like to have an area on my website SPECIFIED for Business with their own account and different prices since they buy in bigger quantities. It would be nice to give the user the opportunity to create either a client account or a business account and according to this choice they would be redirected to fill the infos that we ask them. (for example VAT and Registration Nr) I forgot to mention that we are…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Attach files to orders

Attach files, like invoices to each order, giving to clients the option to download, in my account page, the invoice of each order. Or a manual depending of the product purhased.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. WooCommerce PDF Watermark

Make the WooCommerce PDF Watermark plug-in compatible with PDF Files that use layers. Right now it locks the layers function. When it does this it makes it useless for those that sell PDF Files specifically with the layers feature.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base