WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Treat Sale as Discount (Show "Regular price – Sale price = Discount" in checkout and order data)

Say we have a $100 item.

If you have a 10% off coupon for this item, in the order export data you will see that the Order Total = $100, Order Subtotal = $90, and Order Discount = $10

However, if I have the same item on sale for 10% off you will get the following in the report.
    Order Total = $90, Order Subtotal = $90, Order Discount = $0

This leads to confusion in the order export data, as it is not correctly showing products on sale as being discounted.

The Sale is nothing but a discount offered…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ajax auto update Cart Totals when changing Quantity

With 2.6 released the cart is updated via Ajax, a big improvement, however it's still necessary to click 'update cart' manually.

Even better would be an automatic Total Price calculation when the Quantity of a product changes, without the need to manually click on "Update cart" button.

This improves the user experience and speed during check out.

Something like this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-ajax-cart/

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Other platforms have had issues with this type of functionality.

Making it auto update would mean the update button is not needed. In some cases however, the update button is used for more than just qty updates so removing this would be breaking.

Additionally, updating quantities on every change can lead to multiple posts/ajax refreshes that are unnecessary. e.g. if I wanted to update several qty’s at once, or increase a qty by a few units using the ‘arrow’ buttons on the quantity input.

For these reasons we’d like to keep the update button around. This will be re-evaluated and user-tested with a larger checkout redesign in the future.

3. The ability to temporarily disable the store and the ability to hide the whole category of products

I have two suggestions.

- Ability to disable the store at the time such changes ... For example, it is in the course of renovation and displays a message only temporarily unavailable.

- The ability to hide entire category of products and not just individual components of goods.

Regards
    Well done !!!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Dre K responded

Hello! These features are available though extensions that have been built by our third party developer community.

4. Exploit observed: Spam comments in mod qeue with comments disabled

Hi, I don't know where else to submit this.

With comments disabled on product pages, we have received three "spam" comments. I have reviewed the source of the product pages the spam was "submitted" from, and no form submit code for comments is included on those pages (which is correct per comments being disabled). Our child theme "hides" some default Product page content items, but a comment form is not among them.

The presence of these comments in our moderation qeue, and the origin & timing of the attempted posts, indicates an exploit against WooCommerce. In our case no harm…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Steve,

Ideally, the best place to report this would be at the WordPress.org forums for WooCommerce, here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/.

If you feel you’ve found a security issue in future, please do report these to http://automattic.com/security/.

In this instance, it looks like you’re receiving spam comments (Product Reviews in WooCommerce are stored as comments on the product).

There’s a great few tips here ( https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-spam-despite-no-comment-interface-in-loop-how?replies=5 ) regarding remedying this.

Thanks and regards,
    Matty Cohen.

5. Show product variations on shop page

I would love to have the possibility to show product variations (with their own image) as separate products on the product listing pages (main shop page, category page, etc). That way visitors would be able to see the right product images when they use the layered nav filters.

Let's say I have a product that is available in both blue and white. I dont want to create two separate simple products, as I want the customer to be able to see and choose between the available colors on the product page. So I create a variable product using a color…

453 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    47 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow us to change "product" to a different word when setting up Woocommerce

According to woo documentation, we cannot remove the term "product category" from the URL base without creating issues in WP.
    http://docs.woothemes.com/document/removing-product-product-category-or-shop-from-the-urls/

Why don't you allow us to choose what to call Product-category when we first are setting up woocommerce?

The problem for our "shop" is that it is not a shop. We have turned off the shopping cart and we are using woocommerce as a job listing site. Obviously, having the URL for a job be product-category/job-category-x looks strange and is probably bad for SEO.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. variable product expiration dates

I teach classes in my store. I want to set up a product that is my class and variations for each time it is offered, so all people have to do is select the date they want from the drop down, but I want to have the variations removed after the class has started. Right now I have to do this manually which is very time consuming and makes my site look out of date very easily if I don't have time to remove it immediately.

There could be lots of applications for this. A special variation of the product…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. combine wooscripts for better performance and less http-requests

Hi
    Today i tried to reduce the number of woocommerce scripts.
    Manually i am able to reduce it by 5 files.
    I merge prettyPhoto script with prettyPhoto init. That saves one.
    Furthermore i merge all scripts loaded oh the shop page. That saves another 4. (allways min-versions)
    Of course this method isn't update safe. So, i was wondering if you can pick up the idea and provide a professional solution.

regards
    theo

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bulk edit products with variations should be standard in Woocommerce!!

I am more than surprised a good e-commerce such as this had no abbility to bulk edit products with variations. An e-commerce that says it can handle thousands of product with ease, can not do without this option. Please add this soon!

174 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For core this doesn’t scale well, and how it works well would be very subjective. We prefer the CSV/smart manager extensions for this type of management.

We will however be looking at improved bulk management tools within variable products which can work well.

10. Option to show both ex VAT and inc VAT prices on product pages

If your sales are mainly B2B ( like mine are ) then prices should always be shown ex VAT/GST. However here in the UK if you want to list products with Google shopping then you need to show the product prices including VAT.

If I change all my prices to include VAT then business customers will be put off my the higher costs, they most likely not realise that they can knock 20% off the costs. My competitors have cart systems that show both. This should be an option within the woocommerce settings so business and retail customers know exactly…

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

WC > Settings > Tax has a suffix option which allows you to add an addition price as a suffix. You can add the price inc/excl tax to this area. See the tooltip for available placeholders.

11. Add pagination support for list of products rendered by shortcodes like product_category

When using a shortcode like

[product_category category="" per_page="12" columns="4" orderby="date" order="desc"]

to display products, only a fixed number of products appear as set by 'per_page' attribute and there's no way to see the remaining ones. Currently the only way is to set that to a big number like say, 500 to show all the products - which is not an ideal solution.

It will be really helpful to have pagination for the products list rendered by WooCommerce shortcodes.

Requests from other users for the same in the past:

http://support.woothemes.com/entries/22708302-Pagination-in-shortcode-recent-products

https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/issues/942

360 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    70 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Archives should be used for proper pagination. Shortcodes are for static output – adding pagination for this kills the ability to use static caching, requires extra queries and can hurt performance.

Extensions can add pagination if desired, or custom shortcodes can be made (and based on the core ones).

12. manual order

I'm looking for the ability to enter credit card information and process payment when adding an order manually in the Woocommerce admin order entry screen. Most other shopping carts do this (BigCommerce, Volusion, CS-Cart, etc.). Our salespeople take a lot of orders over the phone and would like to be able to go ahead and process the payment the same time they manually create an order in Woocommerce. Here's an example screenshot of how CS-Cart does it:

http://www.aqb.com/img/cart_manual.png

If this feature is planned for the very near immediate future to be included in Woocommerce core, I will pay a developer…

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better support for old version(s)

I understand you guys want to move fast in order to release more and more awesome features, but for a lot of people using a shopping cart has only one goal - make money continuously.

1.6.x and 2.0 are non compatible releases when people have customized plugins and themes on top of the existing WC code base - even the upgrade is fully automatic. Critical issues like this [1] and critical security updates should be applied to both versions and keep parallel running for a certain period of time.

I understand the resources are not infinite, one of the solutions…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Email verification for woo commerce accounts

Hi, it would be great to have the option of verifying email addresses before activating a customer account.

Arne

158 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since WooCommerce uses the WordPress registration system, confirming email addresses is something best left to WP core + plugins. This is not something specific to eCommerce.

15. Increase max # of Variations

I have a product with 13 sizes and 6 colors, so I am currently not able to sell it using WooCommerce/FlexiShop 2 unless someone comes up with a way to link more attributes. Woocommerce has only have 50 variations, which isn't enough for me or many other vendors.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There is no hard limit on the max number of variations, but it will only generate 50 at a time. You can repeat the process if you have more or set the WC_MAX_LINKED_VARIATIONS constant in your wp-config.php file.

If you do need > 50, you may want to look at why you need this volume or if there are alternatives e.g. product addons, because too many variations can be decremental to performance.

16. Be able to sort variations of variable products in back-end

If you have variable products in your store, and WooCommerce creates all variations for you, it will create them in a totally random fashion.

Let's think about jeans sizes (Width/Length). Size 32x30 may appear as the first variation in your list, and the next logical variation 32x32 will be nowhere close. So this forces you to search for it all over the page. But then variation 32x34 is again somewhere else, and again you lose time searching for it.

Imagine doing that for all other variations, and it's a huge waste of time. Adding a simple sort function would be…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    61 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. incomplete order tracking

I'd like to get some analytics on lost sales. If a person adds an item or items to their cart, but then decides not to checkout, I'd like to store those orders for later review. Another nice feature might be to prompt the user when navigating away from the page asking why they decided not to purchase what was in the cart with a few quick options.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Variable Product Shortcodes

Basic products have shortcodes, why not Variable products?
    Variable products already count as products and have their own IDs.
    Add these shortcode options.

[product variableid="1234"] or
    [product id="99" varid="1234"]or
    [product sku="1234"]
    Display a variable product with the unique id or sku, as you would a basic product.

[products ids="99"]
    Display multiple variable products with the unique id or sku, as you would a basic product.

[add_to_cart id="99" variableid="1234" ]
    The add to cart shortcode could be altered to include variable products

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Variable products (if talking about the parent product) are supported by shortcodes. That includes [products], [product], and [add_to_cart].

Specific variations within a variable product are supported (by ID or SKU) using [add_to_cart] which allows you to add a specific variation to the cart using the ID you specify.

20. Add another hook at the beginning of function get_product_object / class WC_Product_Factory

add hook before it is manipulate.
    there is hook at the end :

apply_filters( 'woocommerce_product_object', $the_product );

But i need filter hook base on original input of beginning ($the_product);

for example, if the $the_product is a value like 1233{23}4
    then it will have result false.

And i cannot manipulate using filter, because i lost the reference of the original value of $the_product.

Please improve this.... thank you.....

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce