WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better support for old version(s)

I understand you guys want to move fast in order to release more and more awesome features, but for a lot of people using a shopping cart has only one goal - make money continuously.

1.6.x and 2.0 are non compatible releases when people have customized plugins and themes on top of the existing WC code base - even the upgrade is fully automatic. Critical issues like this [1] and critical security updates should be applied to both versions and keep parallel running for a certain period of time.

I understand the resources are not infinite, one of the solutions…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Email verification for woo commerce accounts

Hi, it would be great to have the option of verifying email addresses before activating a customer account.

Arne

158 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since WooCommerce uses the WordPress registration system, confirming email addresses is something best left to WP core + plugins. This is not something specific to eCommerce.

3. Woo Points and Rewards with Ambassador Extention

Would love to use the Ambassador plugin with Points to allow customers to receive points for referrals. Ambassador already has the ability to give out points instead of $ but the Ambassador extension doesn’t really do anything but sync woo with ambassador to track sales, now that woo has points it makes perfect sense to allow these two extensions to work together to offer points for referrals. Being able to have customers get credit for referring others would be amazing social marketing.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Patrick Rauland responded

Hey Travis,

Thanks for creating this idea. We researched this with Ambassador but right now the way their system is setup there isn’t an easy way for both systems to sync. If Ambassador builds webhooks into their platform we can reinvestigate.

4. Stripe Uses Logged In User For Payment

By default Stripe will user the current logged in user to charge a customer via the processpayment() function. I'd like a filter added to enable me ot change the user id passed to the function preparesource() in class-wc-gateway-stripe.php This will enable me to place orders on behalf of customers via the front end.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Offer payment option “invoice”

For many transactions, especially in the B2B segment, instant payment via PayPal etc. is not a viable option, so any e-commerce solution targeted at B2B transactions needs an option to process payments via invoice.

If this could be added to WooCommerce, we could finally leave Magento behind (which is much too complicated) and use WooCommerce on our projects.

The invoice does not have to be generated by WooCommerce, it would be perfectly sufficient if the buyer received a confirmation e-mail stating the amount, and then the invoice will be manually created by bookkeeping, sent to the client, and after payment…

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This isn’t needed. Either BACS or CHEQUE can both be renamed in settings (they are the same thing essentially). Just change the title to ‘Invoice’ and your done. No coding required.

6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fractional/Partial Quantities

For selling lengths product or time, we would love to be able to sell fractional/partial quantities (.25, .5, .75).

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Increase max # of Variations

I have a product with 13 sizes and 6 colors, so I am currently not able to sell it using WooCommerce/FlexiShop 2 unless someone comes up with a way to link more attributes. Woocommerce has only have 50 variations, which isn't enough for me or many other vendors.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There is no hard limit on the max number of variations, but it will only generate 50 at a time. You can repeat the process if you have more or set the WC_MAX_LINKED_VARIATIONS constant in your wp-config.php file.

If you do need > 50, you may want to look at why you need this volume or if there are alternatives e.g. product addons, because too many variations can be decremental to performance.

9. Automatic Unique Codes Emailed To Buyers

When a buyer has completed payment for an item,(more than likely, something digital) they then receive a unique code for their item in their email.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Be able to sort variations of variable products in back-end

If you have variable products in your store, and WooCommerce creates all variations for you, it will create them in a totally random fashion.

Let's think about jeans sizes (Width/Length). Size 32x30 may appear as the first variation in your list, and the next logical variation 32x32 will be nowhere close. So this forces you to search for it all over the page. But then variation 32x34 is again somewhere else, and again you lose time searching for it.

Imagine doing that for all other variations, and it's a huge waste of time. Adding a simple sort function would be…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    61 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. incomplete order tracking

I'd like to get some analytics on lost sales. If a person adds an item or items to their cart, but then decides not to checkout, I'd like to store those orders for later review. Another nice feature might be to prompt the user when navigating away from the page asking why they decided not to purchase what was in the cart with a few quick options.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Stripe's Apple Pay Integration More Configurable

It would be nice to have some configurable options for Stripe's Apple Pay button, like where it appears on the cart and checkout pages, IF it appears on cart and checkout pages, what color it is, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. empty cart issue

Hello All.

My WordPress/WooCommerce website is giving an error “Your Shopping Cart is Empty” every time we try to add an item to the shopping cart.

When we clear the cache and cookies in WooCommerce, it starts working for sometime but we cannot add more than one product to the cart. Also, cannot update the cart when we try to increase the quantity of item added in the cart.

I am using the latest WooCommerce Verion 3.1.1; Problem started only after updating the latest version of WooCommerce.

Can somebody here help me finding a permanent solution to this issue?

Been…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. WooCommerce Memberships: Non-cummulative Discounts

Right now if a member has more than one membership plan, the discounts for the separate plans are added together by the system. I'd like to have it so the person gets the highest discount based on the membership...not cumulative.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Variable Product Shortcodes

Basic products have shortcodes, why not Variable products?
    Variable products already count as products and have their own IDs.
    Add these shortcode options.

[product variableid="1234"] or
    [product id="99" varid="1234"]or
    [product sku="1234"]
    Display a variable product with the unique id or sku, as you would a basic product.

[products ids="99"]
    Display multiple variable products with the unique id or sku, as you would a basic product.

[addtocart id="99" variableid="1234" ]
    The add to cart shortcode could be altered to include variable products

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Variable products (if talking about the parent product) are supported by shortcodes. That includes [products], [product], and [add_to_cart].

Specific variations within a variable product are supported (by ID or SKU) using [add_to_cart] which allows you to add a specific variation to the cart using the ID you specify.

17. Offline Credit Card Processing

Enter CC information and securely store/send it. Shopp has a similar plugin they have available for theirs, so you can model after theirs.

201 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Ryan Ray responded

Just to update.

I would safely assume we won’t create an extension for this. I don’t believe we’d even recommend using a payment gateway like this.

If you search though, via these comments and on Google, you’ll find already existing gateways for WooCommerce

18. Early Form Submission for Email Capture

There are currently lots of tools on the market which do this, and integrate with WC, such as:

• CartHook
    • Jilt (by SkyVerge)
    • AutomateWoo
    • TycheSoftwares "Abandoned Cart Pro"

But all of these tools are bulky and bloated, in that they aim to solve marketing automation as well. (All I wanted was email capture, let me handle my own marketing automation!)

It would be nice if WC would develop a lightweight extension to capture email addresses from email form fields prior to submission. That way, the address could be accessible and usable by whatever tool you use for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Zapier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stripe Store Card Info - ApplePay

Storing credit card information is critical to conveniently billing the client without the hassle of taking payment each week. Up until now I’ve been using a 3rd party Stripe Gateway that automatically lets me store CC info without prompting the customer. When activating Woocommerce Stripe Gateway so that customers can pay via ApplePay, it prompts the customer to check a box in order save credit card info on stripe servers. I need this checkbox to just be automatically checked and hidden because this is a part of our terms that they already have checked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. product variation addition and difference to price

Can be useful for product variation to add an addition or a difference to price instead to set the price one by one. for ex. for a t-shirt the price sor size m is 20,00 for xxl is 25,00 and the option/variation colour red add +20,00 euro to the price

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  13 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base