WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Treat Sale as Discount (Show "Regular price – Sale price = Discount" in checkout and order data)

Say we have a $100 item.

If you have a 10% off coupon for this item, in the order export data you will see that the Order Total = $100, Order Subtotal = $90, and Order Discount = $10

However, if I have the same item on sale for 10% off you will get the following in the report.
    Order Total = $90, Order Subtotal = $90, Order Discount = $0

This leads to confusion in the order export data, as it is not correctly showing products on sale as being discounted.

The Sale is nothing but a discount offered…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add another hook at the beginning of function get_product_object / class WC_Product_Factory

add hook before it is manipulate.
    there is hook at the end :

apply_filters( 'woocommerce_product_object', $the_product );

But i need filter hook base on original input of beginning ($the_product);

for example, if the $the_product is a value like 1233{23}4
    then it will have result false.

And i cannot manipulate using filter, because i lost the reference of the original value of $the_product.

Please improve this.... thank you.....

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. shortocodes

I am disappointed that the shortocodes do not work any more because very useful. It would be wise to leave the choice to each and put them back into function.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Variable Product Shortcodes

Basic products have shortcodes, why not Variable products?
    Variable products already count as products and have their own IDs.
    Add these shortcode options.

[product variableid="1234"] or
    [product id="99" varid="1234"]or
    [product sku="1234"]
    Display a variable product with the unique id or sku, as you would a basic product.

[products ids="99"]
    Display multiple variable products with the unique id or sku, as you would a basic product.

[add_to_cart id="99" variableid="1234" ]
    The add to cart shortcode could be altered to include variable products

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Variable products (if talking about the parent product) are supported by shortcodes. That includes [products], [product], and [add_to_cart].

Specific variations within a variable product are supported (by ID or SKU) using [add_to_cart] which allows you to add a specific variation to the cart using the ID you specify.

5. Found a bug

Hello wordpress and woocommerce experts, I am facing a wordpress bugs in mobile version. I am unable to fix it. check the link from your any mobile device

Main site with theme

http://www.vocabulix.com.au/product/manifold-irrigation-solenoid-valve-24vac-34-male-inlet-34-male-outlet-50lpm/

and click add to cart and then try to checkout page. The checkout page isnot loading. But from computer browser its working perfectly.

First i thought it may be problem about my theme. Then i installed a fresh wordpress with woocmmerce and add a test product to test either its bug of woocommerce or the theme.

Check the fresh woocommece core here

Fresh woocommerce site

http://test.vocabulix.com.au/product/test/

Now…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New Woocommerce Layout

Hi,
    I need the exact design like which the site have https://sellformula.com/sell. I really like very much the design which have above mentoned site. I want all layout in single plugin. Let me consider my requirement. I am ready buy even it is premium plugin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Settings page for editing css of admin pages

Our order fulfillment and shipping department have a hard time seeing the gray text on the order pages in the admin area. It would be helpful to have a CSS editing section in the WooCommerce Settings to change font colors and size. Trying to add to the theme CSS, often is overwritten by the admin.css file. This means I have to edit the admin.css file. Then when applying any upgrade I have to keep notes as to the edits, so I can apply them to any upgrades before uploading the upgrade. It's a small thing, but it would make life…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ajax auto update Cart Totals when changing Quantity

With 2.6 released the cart is updated via Ajax, a big improvement, however it's still necessary to click 'update cart' manually.

Even better would be an automatic Total Price calculation when the Quantity of a product changes, without the need to manually click on "Update cart" button.

This improves the user experience and speed during check out.

Something like this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-ajax-cart/

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Other platforms have had issues with this type of functionality.

Making it auto update would mean the update button is not needed. In some cases however, the update button is used for more than just qty updates so removing this would be breaking.

Additionally, updating quantities on every change can lead to multiple posts/ajax refreshes that are unnecessary. e.g. if I wanted to update several qty’s at once, or increase a qty by a few units using the ‘arrow’ buttons on the quantity input.

For these reasons we’d like to keep the update button around. This will be re-evaluated and user-tested with a larger checkout redesign in the future.

9. Exploit observed: Spam comments in mod qeue with comments disabled

Hi, I don't know where else to submit this.

With comments disabled on product pages, we have received three "spam" comments. I have reviewed the source of the product pages the spam was "submitted" from, and no form submit code for comments is included on those pages (which is correct per comments being disabled). Our child theme "hides" some default Product page content items, but a comment form is not among them.

The presence of these comments in our moderation qeue, and the origin & timing of the attempted posts, indicates an exploit against WooCommerce. In our case no harm…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Steve,

Ideally, the best place to report this would be at the WordPress.org forums for WooCommerce, here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/.

If you feel you’ve found a security issue in future, please do report these to http://automattic.com/security/.

In this instance, it looks like you’re receiving spam comments (Product Reviews in WooCommerce are stored as comments on the product).

There’s a great few tips here ( https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-spam-despite-no-comment-interface-in-loop-how?replies=5 ) regarding remedying this.

Thanks and regards,
    Matty Cohen.

10. c c

Will, now is B2C sales model, in the future version for new features is support for customers to sell things, that C2C. My English is not good, that is, Google Translation.
    On the Internet, if there is such a card? How to achieve C2C features.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Product Widget add price to parent a tag

I am currently building a new theme and messing around with styling WooCommerce widgets. I noticed the price is outside of the anchor tag, where as the image and product title are contained within the anchor tag. Is there a reason behind this? I think it would make more sense to be included within the tag.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Notification on PayPal refund of 60 day refund limit

We've been experiencing a problem where it's very easy to make a refund only to find out the refund didn't go out because it had been 60 days.

We often take bookings more than 60 days before an event. If a customer decides to cancel after the 60 days and a member of staff runs an automatic refund through woocommerce order admin the refund will not go through.

We're suggesting that a notification of 60 day refund limit in the refund field.

Would it be possible to add this notification by taking the date of purchase and displaying a notice…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In Québec, if you sell between one and five muffins, they are considered snacks and they are taxable. If you sell 6 muffins or more, they ar

In Québec, if you sell between one and five muffins, they are considered snacks and they are taxable. If you sell 6 muffins or more, they are considered food and they are tax free. It would be nice if there was a sales tax class that can could be modulated according to the number of items of a particular product.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add product image from media

add a product image to a product directly from medialibrary

We upload media to medialibrary and then from products connect the image to the product

The best way would be if it was an automated proces, witch connects the recently uploaded media (filename = SKU) to the product

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Admin drag in and out of sub (parent) categories in the back-end product categories page

would be nice if we could drag and drop in and out of sub categories insted of needing to go in Edit Product Category to change the parent list

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The ability to temporarily disable the store and the ability to hide the whole category of products

I have two suggestions.

- Ability to disable the store at the time such changes ... For example, it is in the course of renovation and displays a message only temporarily unavailable.

- The ability to hide entire category of products and not just individual components of goods.

Regards
    Well done !!!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Dre K responded

Hello! These features are available though extensions that have been built by our third party developer community.

17. Add one time fee

Option to charge a one-time fee to new customers, one that adds to their cart and allows them to buy other products.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Offer Store Credit for Customer Inconveniences

I thought for sure this would be a feature that would be out of the box but it would be really great to be able to apply a credit towards a customer's account if, say, something goes wrong. Shipment arrives late, missing materials, etc. I see this with many sites that the store itself can just offer a credit to that person's account (vs a refund). This is especially useful for subscription/membership users. Cheers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. On the product page there is only room for a quantity of 123 or 999. There needs to be room for 4 digits like 8888 or 5 digests like 77777.

On the product page there is only room for a quantity of 123 or 999. There needs to be room for 4 digits like 8888 or 5 digests like 77777. I have customers who order 2000 or 1560 and they cannot be sure of the quantity because they can't see it. If they make changes, and recalculate, the correct figure may not come up.

Also, when my customers run the cursor over the box, it would be nice if the quantity discounts would show, or there would be another place on the order page to see quantity discounts. For now,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove product drop down ordering from attributes settings?

There seems to be setting for drop down ordering / Variations in both Attributes and Variation settings very confusing as both use click and drag to postition ...please remove ordering from attributes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base