WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic pricing / Regular pricing to work in conjunction with coupon codes.

In many cases, we set products in discount that we do not want coupon codes to be applied on top of these catalog discounts, currently when creating a coupon code it allows you choose not to apply a coupon if other coupons were already applied and it will be great to add the same option to not be applied if other price rules have already been applied.

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. How about a transaction fee collection feature?

In some e-commerce plugins (I'm thinking MarketPress specifically) it's possible for a store network owner to set up a per order transaction fee for subsite store owners. Shopify has the same thing going on, charging a certain percentage for each order. In MarketPress this only works when using Paypal as gateway, but it would be nice to somehow make this gateway independent.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Early-Bird Pricing

Option to have an "early-bird" special price which is in effect until such a date. Once that date has come, the product reverts to the normal price. So product X is $9.99 until June 1, 2012. After June 1, 2012, product X is $15.99. You really only need two additional options; earlybird price / earlybird date.

Bryan

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Pre-Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Exclude certain products from specific Shipping methods

This came up while I was setting up and using the USPS plugin. I would like to be able to exclude certain shipping methods for certain items. For example i have some items (such a books) that can be shipped via Media mail while most other items cannot ship that method because of USPS regulations.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Shipping Methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Different consumer and distributor ordering options through WooCommerce

I have a situation where I want to use WooCommerce to allow consumers and distributors to see and order different products through the same site. For example, I want consumers to come, browse products, buy, etc but without seeing the larger, bulk ordering options that distributors can order. I would expect that distributors would have to login to see the "distributor" options.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Customer Support or ticketing System for WooCommerce ?

I Think a customer Support or Ticketing System for WooCommerce will be really helpful.

Example :

After Buying the product we should Provide the customer A support or ticketing System Individual for each account . So that Customer can use those ticketing System for Contacting the admin.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. payment

Possibility to charge for different payment methods.

For example adding a fixed payment fee in the payment gateways.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Side dropbox

Like on icondock.com.

Drag the product into the cart.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Manual Gateway Plugin (or basic feature on woocommerce for testing purposes)

Self explanatory! The SSL still encrypts the information being sent. For those who still use their old-fashioned zon or other credit card machines to process payments.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Product Carousel

Shortcode: WooCommerce Product Carousel shortcode would be cool. Specifically, being able to add the shortcode to both a Widget and a Page.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. filter options based on product categories instead of using layered menu

so you don't have to make attributes (like a brand for example) to get filters working

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More flexible free shipping

Right now, free shipping is conditioned by either a coupon, or a minimum amount - can't be both. And when activating the coupon-conditioned free shipping, the minimum amount is not used anymore.

The use case I'm looking for:
    - have the minimum amount linking to free shipping all the time
    - in addition, for short period of time, enable a coupon that provides free shipping whatever the amount is.

Additionally, when using a discount coupon, it is displayed in the cart and checkout page so users can remove it. A coupon providing free shipping is not shown, so can't be…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Plugin to combine multiple webshops and have on payment gateway

Plugin to combine multiple webshops and have on payment gateway (Clients can choose products from different webshops and pay once)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unique naming conventions for CSS styles, functions, etc.

Currently quite a few of the CSS styles and functions have generic names without a prefix, like ".handle"

This begs for conflicts with other plugins, themes, etc.
    E.g. I had the situation that a shortcode plugin used the .handle-class as well and the product attributes display in WooC backend was screwed up.

Unique name, e.g. with a prefix (like .wooc-handle instead of .handle) would make this sort of conflicts way more unlikely.

Actually "best practice" in theme/plugin development...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. SveaWebPay

Payment extension for SveaWebPay (Invoice, Partpayment, Direct Bank and Credit Card)

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. WooCommerce - Single image for multiple products

Something that I've run into during my present project was the inability to attach an existing image from either my media library or NextGEN gallery to multiple products. So, I have to upload the same image multiple times, taking up my time and server space.

That or, another way to attach images to a product from your media library, or even better, your NextGen Gallery. The wordpress media library with a large amount of files is a joke to work with.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  11 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Easy way to provide free sample downloads on product page

For many kinds of products a free sample download is useful (software, plugins, themes, books, etc.)
    Right now there is no easy way to include this into a product page.

Would be good to have an additional option "product has free sample download", a way to upload the file directly in the product admin, a text field for the sample download teaser text, a nice button with customizable text, - voila.

Increases sales like nuts for a lot of products!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base