WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Woocommerce lighbox on post / page cpt

Please Add checkbox - Use default Woocomerce Lightbox on Posts / Pages / CPTs images and gallery.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically restore stock after cancelled order

The expectation is for the stock to automatically restore for canceled orders. This has been brought up a few times:

https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/search?q=stock+cancel&ref=cmdform&type=Issues

And there is an old third-party plugin that will help achieve this:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-auto-restore-stock/

However, it would be nice if WooCommerce provided an option to automatically restore stock for canceled orders globally or if it was to restore stock for canceled orders per product.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set GTIN as a field like/next to SKU

GTIN is a must have Field for every single product, and of course for each variation. Ull ned it for almost every market place or pricing websites.
    GTIN is a international identifier for products and it is not an attribute.

236 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  24 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multi-site and Multi-store

Multi-site and Multi-store please

Its simple I have magento working on three domains, all with the same backend, I can add products and choose which store they appear in, I can customised PDF invoices and confirmation emails for the domain ordered from and have store views for different languages.

I do not want to share carts, only products across different domains

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Save a search / search alerts

Let the user save their search query and receive an email when new items match the search query. Similar to eBay's saved search. This goes beyond a wishlist as that requires the user to add a particular product. Saved search is completely flexible in that it allows the user to specify the text to search the product inventory by. I couldn't find a plugin that does this - but if there is one, please let me know.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. REST API for Multi-Vendor Android and IOS device

At this time there are no Product Vendor specific REST API Endpoints

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Checkout button beside 'add to cart' in product page

Now, it's just an 'add to cart' on the product page.

There should be a 'proceed to checkout' button beside it as well.

There is a plugin that allows you to redirect directly to the checkout page, but that's not suitable.

With both buttons available, you can have multiple options..

• add multiple variations to cart,
    • choose to go directly to checkout after making a choice (instead of adding a step of viewing the cart

A 'proceed to checkout' button will also make it more intuitive for less savvy users, like the older folks, or those whose command of english isn't…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improved Admin Search Orders

Once your woocommerce site hits 100,000+ orders, searching for an order via the wordpress admin -> order page can take a long time. For my site, my search request always times out (90 seconds+) for a search, and I am running a very powerful set up hardware wise.

So I found a way to include a dropdown on the Order page, so you can select the field you want to search by, then I changed the query to only search for the specified field from the dropdown. This changed the query time from 90 seconds+ to 1-3 seconds.

My way…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Autocomplete off

New property for “checkout fields”:
    autocomplete = on/off

To be able to turn off autocomplete for certain fields as described here for other properties such as “placeholder”, etc.: https://docs.woothemes.com/document/tutorial-customising-checkout-fields-using-actions-and-filters/

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  8 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Admin Collapse/Expand Product Categories

when we have a large number of categories in the back-end it would be great to have folding categories, categories that collapse/expand or accordion style. for the product categories page.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Solution for Google Requirement to use GTIN for Variable Products

It's my understanding that Google Merchant will require GTIN for all products by 5/16/16. Stores selling Variable products with size/color variations will now need to create 20+ variations for each product and load the GTIN from there.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dropdown menu to restrict order search to certain fields

We want to be able to restrict the order search in the admin menu to single fields with a dropdown menu.

Why? We need to be able to search orders by shipping/billing country. The current search field is useless for this, as the country is saved as country code in the database. Thus when we search for "nl", it will return any order that includes the letters "nl" in any of the fields.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Email restricted coupons

Please change email restricted coupons to show an error message if the user is not logged in when they try to add in cart or checkout before they hit the payment button. All other coupons show an error before this, it should be the same for email restrictions

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. coupons

like to add a start date into the standard coupons module so a can set up a list off upcomming discount codes and that they start automaticly when the date arrives.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add filter for endpoint page titles

I'd like to change Thank you -page title and was surprised it is not in the template file nor has a filter to change it.

I can manipulate thetitle filters to achieve the title change, but the WCQuery::getendpointtitle() could have a filter to ease up things.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adding Download Button for discount 100%

adding directly "download" button , for downloadable products with a discount of 100 % , without going through the checkout.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hooked title in the content-product.php template

The Product Archive template, content-product.php, hardcodes in the product title like so:

<h3><?php the_title(); ?></h3> (https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/blob/master/templates/content-product.php#L61)

I find it's typically best to stick to the core templates for ease of upgrades, but this one little restriction has required me to override content-product.php in the theme numerous times. Often I'm just adding a class or changing it to an h2 or whatnot.

I think there are two sensible and low-friction solutions here.

A good solution would be a to put the title into a new function which is then called by a new woocommerceshoploopitemtitle action.…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Edit Order Item Attribute Interface

To edit order item attributes, a shop owner must use slugs. Furthermore, the available attributes and terms (for this product or otherwise) are not displayed in a drop-down. This requires an owner to first check whether a product has an attribute, then figure out the slug for both it and the term.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need a better process for pushing a development site live without overwriting order activity

You guys strongly encourage using a development environment but are strangely silent about the fact that pushing the staging site live will overwrite any order activity on the live site that happened between when the staging copy was pulled and when the staging site gets pushed live.

You need to provide at least a correct procedure for doing this without loosing accounting information. It seems crazy to me that this hasn't been addressed. There must be lots of stores out there with no sales, or everyone would be screaming about this glaring oversight.

As soon as WooCommerce is added to…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Include a way to refund sales tax only for tax-exempt businesses (schools, non-profits, etc.)

We sell software to schools and most do not send us their tax exempt certificate before they charge the purchase on their credit card. The transaction has sales tax in our state. Once we receive the tax exempt form, we must refund the taxes. But then our reports are wrong. We have over 700 schools in our state. Help!

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base